Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GCSEs are the qualifications gained at the end of compulsory education at the age of 16 - not sure what you would call them in America.

Yes Cathy!  So going to enjoy the next week and a bit as we also go back to school on the first.  But the kids will get a few extra days off due to the NATO Summat in Newport - all the extra traffic and security will mean the place will be  nightmare!

Oh no! We've celebrated with a brunch at McDonalds - tummy isn't happy about that as it is gurgling like mad and feels like I've eaten a brick!  We rarely go there, but it was Betty's choice and I didn't argue this time...lol.  I am sure there will be more lovely food later on though...

Coops I don't think we have an equivalent, unless it is tests that (some) schools require for high school students to pass in order to get into Advanced Placement classes.

8 days to go.

One week. One week from today will be the day I get to leave. I will go straight to the airport from work and after a layover in Utah I think, I should arrive at SeaTac around 9pm and if I splurge on a taxi I could be in bed by 10pm.

And then, deal with life, there.

Yay Florinda! 1 week, 7days til  you're back where you're supposed to be!!

I'm going nuts. Bill wants us to try to date but not spend as much time together. We actually went out to dinner last night and it was very nice. I met him there, and left him there.

I really don't want to stop seeing him. I care a lot about him and as long as he's not trying to run my life, and there is no sex involved we can be friends like he wants. we'll  see.

Then there is Jim who wants to do EVERYTHING possible with me. I wrote him a very explicit email telling him that I do not want a serious relationship.

you  must be so proud of your daughter Coops! I was so happy when my kids were all finished with H.S.

I need to get around the board more so I can tell people off who thinks this is just a cosmetic change for a couple lbs.

Saw Jim tonight and his computer is back in the shop without reading my email. This is very disappointing to me. I want to dance with him and he will make a great dance partner but not really bf material. I want someone who can afford to travel. Bill now tells me he wants to go to counseling with me.

Just did the Icebucket challenge - posted the video to Facebook and sent my donation off too... now this is a massive NSV because even last year I wouldn't of done this sorta thing in public! Confidence is growing!

Coops I would love to see the video, please send friend request. There is no danger of me mentioning VSG as my family does not know.

I bought ice lolly moulds and filled them with low cal/fat yoghurt..in some I added dried cranberries and froze them over night...OMG they are delish. Much nicer than ice cream!

Sounds really nice coops.

Guess who I heard from? My bad boyfriend Steven was all full of sympathy for my losses and lovey dovey toward me. It has been about two months since the last time we broke up...maybe longer, it's very confusing I am not even sure. Anyway, time has given me a great deal of perspective. Is it evil of me that I view this like an episode in a soap opera? Like seriously, I do love him but my stars...this is the man that told me I wasnt allowed to talk about "anything bad"' - I will never ever get over THAT. grow up Peter Pan. I am genuinely a smiley happy girl but..I am a human with real life stuff going on...So fyou if you can't handle a full human life experience... I was sweet about it because I know he just doesn't really get it...but don't tell me you want me back because you don't even know what it means to be in a loving relationship...even if you do feel love.

So when I share my"boyfriend" woes it is with humor not angst so I hope it is taken that way. I am not sure I ever want to live with or be with a man permanently. I am starting to love single life...it is a process...but my mindset is really changing. I am so enjoying my friends, my horses, even my work. I am not sure I even have time for a"full-time" boyfriend. I am going Kayaking with Theo today. Love his company but I think we are going to be friends and not in a real relationship. I am picky about compatibility and I realized a very basic pitfall between us and I don't need the grief so just don't want to go there. Keeping it platonic (we had a fiasco happen on the date where I was ready for more..Haha) for now anyway.

My counselor really wants me to date casually which is a foreign idea to me, but I am beginning to see the possible merits.

I would say that next to my college years, which I loved and being a young mother, which I loved....this might be the happiest time of my life in spite of many obstacles and woes. I was scared of being single and went through a hell of a transition time...but now....liking being "the boss of me" and not giving a rip about compromising my life for someone else. Being single combined with the self confidence my new body gives combined with the"my give a Damn is busted" attitude I am developing has just opened the world up for me. I have so many new friends, acquaintances, people to dance and"party" with etc. I am mIssing a travel partner but I am thinking I don't need one!

Woohoo coops! Love the confidence! You got it so flaunt it. :)

Sheryl and Kim, you both have been in my thoughts. I hope you are able to find some happy moments as you grieve the loss of your loves ones.

Florinda, I've been thinking of you, too. All of the stress you are dealing with...stay strong.

Sue, congrats to your daughter. I have a 14y/o son and it's amazing to watch his accomplishments lately. They get to a certain age and start maturing and growing so quickly! I love proud mom monents!

Thanks Sarah, I am almost done with the Betty madness and then i will be okay.

Had a nice time kayaking on Lake Washington with Theo yesterday! We had a nice dinner afterwards. I think we are both debating if this continues, we live 45 min or more drive apart and during rush hour... much worse of a drive...but we do enjoy each others company so not stressing on it for now!

I am maintaining "ok" at 144 this morning. I celebrated by having an egg topped with cheese and avacodo with a side of bacon. Say what?

Some more vets need to weigh in on this thread. I bang my head against the wall... people are morbidly obese quite literally dying of the disease of obesity and their main concern is excess skin. You know I had plastics, but I would have been okay without them too. I am not really sure how to get the message through that being healthy is just so much better... skin and all.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/317654-scared-of-saggy-skin/page-2

Had a great date this weekend, or so I thought. Now I realize that he was a "hit and run" artist, won't answer texts and his OKC profile is gone... wtf, why do I attract narcissists?

Cheryl, your bit about Stephen saying you weren't allowed to talk about bad things, that was straight out of Jack's playbook! I believe he broke up with me because, in our last chat he complained about how all my life is about lately is drama. That is so f*u*cking hurtful, it makes it sound as though I sought this out on purpose, and that I enjoy it!! :(

I will likely never receive closure from him on that relationship, never know his truths for disappearing.

Florinda, I think that some men use dating website as pick up venues and I am sure the lack of sex is one reason I didn't get a few 3rd dates...so it goes. All I can suggest is be picky as all hell...The good ones are there. Theo IS a good one just not sure we are compatible. He doesn't like dogs for example and I need my pupster. He is a grown up looking for a real relationship so is okay going slow while we figure out if we can become a couple. In the meantime I am so hopeful he becomes a friend whatever the outcome. .I have such a nice time with him and I know my friends will adore him too.

The thing about steven is he does love me to the extent he is capable. I love what he has done for me...and will always cherish it but I can't take the drama and stuff. He makes me feel like a beautiful sexy woman and wow what a gift. It has slowly changed how I see myself. He came close to an apology though. He said that his life was even more drama filled recently so maybe it wasn't because of "us". The smile he gave me... I knew he meant that he was really the one who went over the top and he was an ass for bailing on me when things got tough. Of course what we both know is that is what he does...and always will. So at this point it is my responsibility to just say no. The pleasure isn't worth the stress of such a moody and free floating boyfriend. Pffff. I am more in love with the idea of him than the actual him....