Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dead on my feet, but went kayaking yesterday, and it was just so beautiful out! Perfect weather. Saw a one eyed hawk... can you imagine trying to hunt with one eye? He is still alive, so has figured out how to do it I guess. Also saw some somewhat rare birds... its funny, Craig (the hubby) goes out with me on some of these trips, and he often says "not many birds today" when really there are a ton. He just does not see them, or acknowledge their presence. I threw in the pic of the cayote and the deer from a couple of weeks ago. This is for your distraction  Sheryl!

post-110343-0-80007200-1403882667_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-33525000-1403882702_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-19938600-1403882723_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-10797600-1403882762_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-25537800-1403882800_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-07465600-1403882865_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-40735900-1403882928_thumb.jpg

post-110343-0-75247900-1403883024_thumb.jpg

Awww, Kim I'm so sorry about your mom, I'm glad she is okay but I understand what you mean about not being able to do this for the long-haul ...aging parents are a difficult situation for many people! I love the photo of her as a young teen...WOW, what a stunner! Also thank you for sharing your beautiful photos of your recent kayaking with us....aaaah, it's like we were there with you. One-eyed hawk sure makes petty whining seem pretty silly, glad the hawk has adapted!

Sue...yes it's a 6 ring circus here (my my doubled the 3 ring because there are 4 of us plus 2 pets!) Life is crazy! I'm sorry you have been feeling blue...are your kids out of school yet? We finished early June and kicked right into summer sports, with a crazy jam-packed schedule. And adding on to this ...I FOUND A JOB!

It's frankly not very exciting but it's something. It's data entry part-time and temporary (although I don't know when the "end" date is, I imagine one day they will say thank you and goodbye!) ha ha. So it's only 4 hours a day but everyone is having to adjust to me being gone part of the day, so I'm not the cook, chaffuer, maid, pet-feeder, etc. The timing is crummy, would rather have had this come through when the girls are IN school vs during the summer, but sometimes in life we just don't get to pick these things.

So glad you found the job! Its nice to get out of the house and get paid for it! Hopefully this will break the dry spell,and your dream job will show up next in line.

Lets talk about 5:2. I am not really following it right now, but I think hang on to some of my 5:2 habits.... like trying to delay break fast so I get a longer fast etc. My son thinks that combined with eating low carb makes me feel crappy. He stayed at my house for 3 days and said he felt terrible not eating bread, rice, Pasta etc and that I need more carbs to feel better.

I admit I am a little afraid of a regain so I am hesitant to eat more carbs even though my appetite is definately improved.

I think if I could start working out intensely again it would all work out, but I am caught in a circle that isn't really good I guess. i have lost ALL desire to exercise which used to be a highlight of my day. Damn, what is wrong with me.

I am on a sub thereupuetic level of Lexapro and having the sexual desire/response suppression side effect already so I sure don't want to up it. In a quandry.

Good news is that I was out of de-frizz hair product, and the store I bought my magic from went out of business... thank goodness for Amazon. A certain amount of order has been returned to the top of my head! ha!

What do you use Sheryl? I am a curly too and I LOVE two lines; Deva Curl "no-poo" cleanser and rinse, or Lush "Curly Wurly" Shampoo and "Roots" treatment. Surprisingly, the best product I've ever bought for enhancing my curls is a cheap tube of Garnier Fructis Style curl sculpting cream, from the drugstore!

The MS support groups that I have checked in on have not felt right to me, they seem to be full of people more interested in bemoaning their "fate" rather than being proactive.

Today is my Mom's birthday, I had flowers sent to her office and tonight I will take her out to dinner. I am "supposed" to leave tomorrow morning, but that will really depend on the arrival of the movers, I may have to leave them in my Mother's hands because I must arrive in Seattle at a specific time in order to meet with my new landlord.

Sick to death of looking chubby in all my photos, just damn sick of looking flabby fatty!

Mixed Chicks Leave in conditioner is a miracle defrizzer, detangler and gives me defined curls.... I am sure there are other great products and I have tried dozens, but this one is a standout! Alot of the products I have tried suck at one of the 3 - especially the detangling.

What do you use Sheryl?  I am a curly too and I LOVE two lines; Deva Curl "no-poo" cleanser and rinse, or Lush "Curly Wurly" Shampoo and "Roots" treatment.  Surprisingly, the best product I've ever bought for enhancing my curls is a cheap tube of Garnier Fructis Style curl sculpting cream, from the drugstore!

The MS support groups that I have checked in on have not felt right to me, they seem to be full of people more interested in bemoaning their "fate" rather than being proactive.

Today is my Mom's birthday, I had flowers sent to her office and tonight I will take her out to dinner.  I am "supposed" to leave tomorrow morning, but that will really depend on the arrival of the movers, I may have to leave them in my Mother's hands because I must arrive in Seattle at a specific time in order to meet with my new landlord.

Sick to death of looking chubby in all my photos, just damn sick of looking flabby fatty!

As one of the "Old Ladies" of the site, let me say, please do not wait to have fun and feel good in your skin until the perfect circumstances arise. They may NEVER rise, and life is too short for all that waiting. I also know this is way harder to do than to say, but give it a go. That doesn't mean stop trying to get the results you want... just try and strip out the "I hate my flab" part... its mean, you would never do it to a friend... be your own friend. I try to thank myself daily for still standing upright (more or less) and moving forward in life. I sometimes catch myself saying means things to myself... but have worked for many years to stop that talk.  Love all around! Maybe you need a tattoo! A big fat heart!

Sheryl, where do you get mixed chicks leave in conditioner?

I am always looking for something good to defrizz my hair. Was that what you were talking about getting on Amazon?

Sarah, I am excited for you to get your plastics. The date is coming right up!

Finola, Wow, I wish I could be in Portland at the same time as you. I don't know the answer to your questions, but I think you should contact an attorney who specializes in employment law.  Some will give you a free consultation.

MG I am excited about your job. I hope it leads into something that you will absolutely love, but for now, it's good to have something to do. I miss working sometimes.

That is so strange about Dr. Aceves death. He was so loved by all his patients. It was such a sudden tragic accident.

I feel bad for those of you taking care of elderly parents. It's so hard. That was such a stressful time in my life.

Edited by Oregondaisy

From karen s beauty supply till they folded. Hence the Amazon excitement!

Things are looking up. My lame horse is mending. ..probably ok after 1 more week.

My son is home. We got so much done today

Washed 2 dogs

Shampooed carpet in his bedroom

Vacuumed most of the house

Fixed a small issue with a toilet

Fixed lawnmower

Picked my truck up from shop

My ex moved some stuff of his out

I got very anxious while my ex was around. He doesn't do a thing wrong but seeing him triggers such a sense of loss. I was going to leave and run errands but it didn't make sense with the flow of the day. I stuck it out and we got alot done and I was ok.

Today felt like a victory over what's been ailing me.

I keep reflecting on how (verbally) loving so many people have been this week. Wow that feels great.

Went grocery and hardware store shopping... bought supplies to do some fixing

Had a late lunch/early dinner out with kiddo

Yay! My son is coming over the 4th weekend and I have projects lined up for him already. Sometimes he gets irritated with me asking him to do things but for the most part, he's really good about helping me.

I am trying so hard not to regain what I lost but it's so hard when I have such a sweet tooth. I haven't gained anymore, but I've gained back 4 that I'm having a really hard time taking it off cause I give in to sweets when they are offered to me.

I don't keep stuff in the house, but socializing is always centered around food.< /p>

Glad to hear your horse is getting better!

I am going to try to be more active in the regular board. It's been a long time since I've posted anywhere but here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.!!

I have finally arrived in Seattle and am settling into my new apartment, well, as much as I can considering that the movers have BACKED OUT of the move!! My stuff should have arrived tomorrow and instead they are trying to get out of the contract because they realized at the last minute that the quote I was given in my contract is way too low (for them) and they don't want to do it now. So, my boyfriend and I slept on the floor last night - not fun!

I use Mixed Chicks too, I buy it at Target.

Mom is about the same I guess... she is off all the IVs, no tube in her nose, no monitors... but cant walk and wont eat. Not a good sign. She is just so weak.  I brought her some art supplies, and she is drawing, which is cool. Love to see her do that. Yesterday my dad bought me a car. My first new car ever! I love it. He decided he wanted to "even up" some of the family gifts.. he has given a lot to my brother through the years, and my nephew as well. My niece not so much (he just took her to the dentist and is getting her teeth all done) and I always felt like getting dad to pay for stuff was disrespectful, the way others used him that way... so made a point of not asking for a bunch of stuff from him. He said he realized that he had given a lot more to others and wanted to set it straight, and bought me the car I really wanted yesterday. I know it makes him feel really good, and the rest of the family are just fine with it... they know their bread has been buttered by him through the years. It was a really nice gesture. Through all the stress, I have managed to keep right around my high bounce... not sure how! So happy about that. I am fasting (imperfectly) today... I will be a little over, but pretty close. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? My nephew is having a block party at his place, and my hubby and I are talking about driving up to the mountains... so one or the other should be fun. 

fye - your dad looking to adopt any new children? :)

My 4th plans involve staying home to keep my dogs from going crazy and my horses from running through a fence once the air attack begins in earnest. I am outside any city limits so we get lotsa boom boom.

tino invited me to go out on Lake Washington on his boat and watch fireworks... sounds fun, right? With the pack of 12-13 year olds! Now, they are a fun group but I want adult time and it is too early in our relationship for me to to take on some kind of role as "dad's girlfriend" so i am backing out of that one. Besides.... horses and dogs....

My friend Mary invited me to bring my dogs to her place and hang out with some friends for the day (she runs a doggie daycare and often hosts doggie parties!) but... the horses.

Florinda - what neighborhood of Seattle did you land in?

FYE - let's see some pics of the new ride girl!! :) Sheryl, I am at 24th and Madison, I can see Lake Washington from my balcony! Yesterday I discovered the humongous Seattle Goodwill, yay! Tomorrow I have a Drs appt with a naturopath in Portland, I will do everything in my power to NOT stop at Voodoo Donuts :P

Hi Ladies. Finally the play is over and was a huge hit! My cast bought my vision to life. I felt like a proud mamma. Laughs in the right places and the songs just came off so well. I wish I had pics. I really tried to get some but the day got away from me and I didn't have a chance once it started. I was in the tech booth manning the music board and making sure the lighting guy didn't miss his cues. Everyone said they really enjoyed it. I am so glad its over.

On a down note my mom has lost the ability to walk. I was picking her up Sunday for church as I do every Sunday and she littterly fell in my arms while getting her in the car. I am taking it worst then she is. I know in my mind this isn't true but I can not express how horribly guilty I feel for putting her in their. I feel like if she was still at home she would have been forced to continue to use her walker and not spend so much time in the wheel chair. I honestly thought they would give her more physical therpy but they haven't done much and now she can't walk. Legs and hips are muscles u don't use them u will lose them. I kept trying to make her use her walker more but... We are were we are. Now I must fight to get her rehab to walk again. My next focus is to get her out of there. The place is not bad no one is really to blame. But I will never forgive myself if she dies in there.

Kim I have u and your mom in my prayers

Everyone have a fun 4th and stay safe!!