Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alex answered me and so I am going to put something on our main page that our group is closed. he said we are invisable so he doesn't know why I keep getting more requests to join.

Florinda, I resent my message.  I hope you got it. I'm excited about your new low. Usually, when that happens to me, a few more new lbs fall off too.

Bill and I got into a fight last night over his Cpap machine. I ended up leaving his house in a huff. He texted this morning "are you through with me" I am not, but I don't feel like talking to him. I really shut down when I am mad.

Dorrie , I am so glad you were able to catch up with us all. I know the version of some boards is competely different on phones and I pads. We miss your good wisdom so I hope you'll be able to access the board from a lap top or desk top sometimes. You are so wise!

Cathy, I hope the move is going well. My house is for sale. I took the drapes down when I had the entire house painted. I am going to leave the drapery rods and drapes in the attic. I have a huge attic in that house.

Swizz I hope you're hanging in here with us. If you feel down over the scale, this is the best place to be.

Wanda I am really impressed that you're writing a play.

I hope I can get to a point where I feel like I can talk to Bill but I have a feeling it won't be until tomorrow. When I get mad, I'd rather think about what I want to say.

Dry sex. Really kills the moment doesn't it!? Got  lovely UTI a couple of weeks ago from that. I gotta change something else and get this working better for both of us.

Happy Birthday Cathy!

Yey Florinda and Cathy for your all time lows...

So much going on, so busy!!

Hugs to all who, good, bad and middling x

Kathy: Happy Birthday to you my dear! :P

Skiing was finally FUN. skied more than fell! I just went down the slope over and over!!! No anxiety attacks either!

New low! 160.2!!!! Please don't let this be a fluke!! The strange thing is, this is the new lowest low I've had since surgery, haven't weighed this in about 16 years, but seeing the number on the scale didn't give me the rush I thought it would. When I broke 200, when I hit 164 (the first time) I felt like a warrior goddess, I felt skinny and strong!! Now I saw it and was just like, "meh". What's that about?

I was made acting team leader because my tl was removed due to his temper!!!!

Does anyone know how to reopen a worker's comp claim?

Edited by Globetrotter

Florinda, Usually you need an attorney to do this. You can aggravate the condition and get it reopened. I would think there would be a form you would need to fill out and get turned in. I am not sure who is paying your claim. I worked for a workers'comp attorney. Anyway, you could probably find this information online. Did you get my PM?

Sheryl, I am glad you're enjoying skiing, I wish I could do it again. It was so much fun once I got the hang of it.

How is everything going with you Coops?

I am going to change the name of our group and redo our main page. Alex told me I could and then we will stop getting requests to join. If you go to where it says groups, read what I wrote and someone please proof it over, and  if it needs to be rewritten so it flows better,  let me know and I will change it.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Happy *belated* Birthday Cathy!

Globe...OMG OMG OMG! I'll be excited for you, how's that? ;) Wish I knew something about worker's comp. Could you hire a lawyer? Although hiring a lawyer doesn't sound fun, you might need to in order to get everything paid.

Glad skiing was fun instead of anxiety filled, Sheryl.

Coops, hiya...good to see you. Totally understand the busy thing! :)

Dorrie, I wish I could just give you a hug. I hope things are better and sort out soon. You have such great analytical skills to be able to step back and "view" your life. Come here and have your woe is me moment anytime. It think this place plays a part in keeping us all sane.

Denise, that wording sounds fine. Sorry about the fight with Bill. That CPAP has been an issue since the beginning, ugh. I hope you guys can have a dialogue about it and maybe other things too? Good idea to calm down before talking...things said during the heat of an argument are usually not good things. :wacko:

As for me, my status update is: I FINALLY HAD A FAST DAY!!! OMG! :D

Happy Belated Birthday Cathy - hope you had a great day!

I need to scoot off to work in a sec - but I wanted to ask you Denise - I have a state of the art CPAP machine that was about $4k that I no longer use - Bill would need to use his own mask, tubes, etc (obviously) I would be more than happy to send it to you if you are interested - it is pretty much silent - I am not sure where the noise is coming from with his - is it the machine itself or air escaping from an ill fitting mask perhaps?

Please let me know and I will send it - maybe his machine is old?

I believe this is the model I have:

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/support/devices/s9-autoset-with-h5i.html

Yeesh I just looked at the cost - man they really jack up the price when insurance is handling stuff don't they - by thousands of dollars!

Edited by Chimera

I posted via my phone, wearing my contacts (hard to see close up with them in) and that post is GONE. Let me know if I accidently put it somewhere else..haha.. in my blind state.

Denise, I read the changed wording and I think it looks fine. I was wondering though about members when I went to that title page, i saw a new member from Sept 2013 that I don't ever remember reading posts. I really am uncomfortable with the idea of lurkers here that don't (or haven't ever) participated - I am not talking about LV who is taking a break - i am talking about the people we don't even know. Sorry, but in my book that would include Susan too even though I know she is an admin. This is a very private space and it bothers me that there are people that can read here that I have never heard of. That is my 2 cents.

also sorry also to hear about the tiff with Bill - hope it leads to better things. I know how important using a CPAP is medically, but I feel like he is very inconsiderate to your concerns on this particular topic anyway. I suspect that how this is resolved may reveal a great deal about him. Anyway, I am the last person to give relationship advice as my "give a damn is busted" - I have zero tolerance at the moment for meeting someone part way. Even Steven - he bought yet another car (one of his many expensive hobbies) - and I am so close to saying I never ever wanna hear about his money woes again...LOL... there is a limit to being an ear to listen to woes that you cause yourself buddy!

More on the skiing... wow, what a difference.

first, I admit I had 3 left over Xanax from before and I took one about an hour before the lesson. Even with that I was feeling terrified and I was really worried I would just hit freak out again once we went up the ski lift.

I knew that the classes would be less crowded in the spring and I went down and chatted up the instructors before the 10 am start time. I know this sounds manipulative, but I was intentionally very charming while explaining my fears and what had happened to me back in December. The instructor I got was a man about my age who was lobbying to have just me in his class but at the last minute two ladies showed up that were deemed at my level so it was 3 of us. It worked out great. One of the girls actually already knew how to ski pretty well and so half way through she was taken into another group. This instructor was very patient and he recognized that my skills were better than the other lady remaining but that I just needed to do things over and over to feel safe.

Another thing he explained to me was how different the snow conditions are now versus December. Due to deeper snow the beginner run is much easier/less steep AND the snow is slower. And, he actually taught me how to get on and off the lift without getting killed - that was a stress reliever too.

Anyway, we did two runs together down the beginner run (which is steeper at this particular resort versus the one closer to Seattle but they have more snow and longer season is why I wound up at Stevens Pass). I did great - maybe fell twice or something - not bad at all. The other lady did a little skiing backwards (not intentionally) and overall had alot more problems then I did which gave me time to stop, pause, think which really helped with the anxiety.

then, after the two hour lesson I had lunch with my son and went back out for another 3 hours and just did that same run over and over again. By the end, I could do the whole thing without stopping, without falling. I felt like I was really actually skiing even though clearly still a beginner, it was actually fun!

One of the things this instructor had us do is ski down this road where we practiced going "all out" - which wasn't that fast as it wasn't super steep - and then slowing down. At the bottom there was a big section where there was nothing to hit and he told us to just go as fast as we felt safe doing. That helped so much because later, as I was practicing on my own, I could identify sections of the ski hill where I could do that and just knowing I could slow or stop myself - using various techniques - gave me the courage to let myself pick up speed.

My son mentioned back in December that skiing was going to be a great way to meet guys my age...haha... because there are so many of them out there skiing or snowboarding by themselves. (course who knows, right?) One such guy tried to strike things up with me as he was maybe a tiny bit more experienced then me but was also a begginner. Anyway, that was kind of entertaining I guess but my main focus was learning to ski.

There is maybe another month of snow left at Stevens Pass so I hope to go 1-2 more times so that starting next season I can actually take a class and get to the intermediate level and then I will be content with just knowing how to ski.

As for me, my status update is: I FINALLY HAD A FAST DAY!!! OMG! :D

Hurray for you girl! I'm sure it feels so good to get over that hump and feel some success. Congrats!

The problem was Bill had not put the Cpap mask on and fell asleep. I tried to wake him up when he started snoring and told him to put it on. I don't think he was really awake but he got really angry so I just got dressed and left.

He was a mess the next day. He thought for sure I was going to break up with him.

H agreed that he needs to put it on as soon as he kisses me good night. We had several long talks after this about other stuff too that was very helpful so things are going great again.

Sheryl I posted in the NSV thread how happy I am that you had fun skiing. I knew you would once you had some lessons. Lessons are definitely the key. I wish I could go with you! I haven't skiied in years, but I rememeber how free I felt going down and how beautiful everything looks from so high up. I was actually amazed that I was able to pick it up after awhile and then it just became so much fun.

Don't worry about people reading in here. I am going to delete anyone who hasn't posted in awhile. I will pm them if they have posted but not in a long time, and just delete anyone who has not posted. I deleted Butter a long time ago. Alex told me nobody can read anything in here.

Yeah Globe on your new low! Way to stick with it and get results. TL sounds like a lot of responsibility. The warrior in you will prevail. You'll do a great job. Have u heard anything from the skype interview?

Yeah Globe on your new low! Way to stick with it and get results. TL sounds like a lot of responsibility. The warrior in you will prevail. You'll do a great job. Have u heard anything from the skype interview?