Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brown...DO NOT GIVE UP! We are here for you! I was wondering if you have ever had your thyroid checked?

Susan, at one point, when this group was "open" we started moving to another private site. That privacy was so important. I believe it is helpful to others to make our wisdom available... but this group is more than that. The general crowd does not need to see naked pics or deepest secrets or private troubles. Most people in this group do post in the other areas... I know these days I'm mostly in the vets forum, but other places too now and then... and have been here contributing for over 3 years. Vets helped me out early on, and I am forever grateful. I am open to letting in a few more folks, but really it needs to be vetted by the group... if we lose one of our regular friends here, because it has turned into just a another corner of the regular forum, then that would defeat its purpose. You sound like you just might be a great fit here. In the past we have asked that members already have a commitment to the 5:2... and once in, you are in if you participate, we are loyal to our group...even if the 5:2 is not working that well for you... and I think this is good for MyBariatricPal even if we are closed. We really wanted to stop the flow of people who just wanted to jump in, ask the million questions that have already been asked a million times, and bring no long term experience with the sleeve, we also have really tried not to lure in people in their first year... thats their Doc/Nuts job, not ours... also, as you know, there are some aggressive, mean, short sighted, disagreeable people on this forum, its bound to happen, and we didn't want any of them crashing our happy home. I am a social worker in my "day job" as are others here... I know full well that helping others can burn you out if not paced. Some really great people are not here any more. They took on so much, helped so many, and are gone. I know I am trying to hold the long line here, to be here as much as I can for others without making it my full time job and burning out. This private group really helps me to stay on track personally and not burn out.

Hi ladies, I'm still here. Not doing well at all. Haven't made the app with my Nut, thought about stopping 5:2. haven't fasted all week. HO! HO! HO!.. this holiday season is bringing all the Cookies, cakes, candies and pies to the office is killing me. We are having 12 days of Christmas at the office and one day ( i'm losing track ) was cookie day . Everyone in the building received a cookie. Well there were extra's and my boss suggested I take one home for my grandson. I laughed and said.. "it wouldn't make it home I would eat it in the car".. he said " well take two ", I laughed and said not sure that would get to my grand son either".. then he said " well how many would I have to give you to make at least one home to your grandson". I suggested he just not give me any.. That's a shame.. I'm not even capable of not eating a delicious melt in your mouth cookie for my grandson. I'm in a really bad place. I've gained the few pounds back I started with on 5:2. The science of the plan makes sense. Weight loss shouldn't be this difficult. Eat less calories then your body needs to function and you should lose weight. Simple right?? Then it must be me.. I've gotta be doing something wrong!!.. URGH!!.. BTW.. Hi Susan Welcome to the group. Sounds like you already know many of the others. I read your profile, is there a blog I can read that will help me get to know you? Re-Sleeve is that a real thing? I haven't had good success on 5:2 in the weight loss dept but it has helped with the restriction. Once I got past the first few fast days, fasting was really easy for me. I fast on Monday and Thursday. On non fast days the desire to eat is less and the restriction when I do it is more than before starting 5:2. Even thought 5:2 hasn't seemed to work for me, I'm going to give it another shot, this group has helped me. I don't feel so alone on top of feeling like a failure, desperate, frustrated and confused. K. I'm making some modifications ( there I go again ), but don't give up on me. I need the wisdom of you ladies that have made this work. That have obviously made your sleeve work for your. Since I can't go back in time and loose more weight during my first year.. I'm here moving in to year 3 having hit my 2 year anniversary in Nov 2013 with so much more weight to lose. Unlike you guys I'm not in wonderland. Actually that was never my goal and honestly at this point in my life, I'm fine with that. Just not fine with where I am right now.. I'm not giving up, so don't give up on me. If I can't do this with all the successful ladies of this group, then I really am an epic failure!!.. URGH.. Its Thursday and I'm starting my Thursday fast day. Shakey in my resolve.. but gotta start again somewhere.

Who knows what it is that makes something work for one and not another!? Its a freaking mystery Brown! Just keep in mind, I did not get to goal until the end of year 3! It took trying a few things, giving them a good long try, keeping track of WAY too much information.... Its still a work in progress at 3 years... your not done, until you give up. We are here for you!

That being said,

Hey Susan, so whats the story... You said you feel like you might need to be re-sleaved... so how long have you been sleeved, who did it, what was your experience? You feel like you have lost your restriction? (5:2 can help with that...) Do you think it is the sleeve size- stretched out... or was your original sleeve made larger in the first place....what else have you tried? Give us a way to support you! Thats what we are hear for. Bouncing and regain are a bitch! Did you ever get to goal? 

Susan, at one point, when this group was "open" we started moving to another private site. That privacy was so important. I believe it is helpful to others to make our wisdom available... but this group is more than that. The general crowd does not need to see naked pics or deepest secrets or private troubles. Most people in this group do post in the other areas... I know these days I'm mostly in the vets forum, but other places too now and then... and have been here contributing for over 3 years. Vets helped me out early on, and I am forever grateful. I am open to letting in a few more folks, but really it needs to be vetted by the group... if we lose one of our regular friends here, because it has turned into just a another corner of the regular forum, then that would defeat its purpose. You sound like you just might be a great fit here. In the past we have asked that members already have a commitment to the 5:2... and once in, you are in if you participate, we are loyal to our group...even if the 5:2 is not working that well for you... and I think this is good for MyBariatricPal even if we are closed. We really wanted to stop the flow of people who just wanted to jump in, ask the million questions that have already been asked a million times, and bring no long term experience with the sleeve, we also have really tried not to lure in people in their first year... thats their Doc/Nuts job, not ours... also, as you know, there are some aggressive, mean, short sighted, disagreeable people on this forum, its bound to happen, and we didn't want any of them crashing our happy home. I am a social worker in my "day job" as are others here... I know full well that helping others can burn you out if not paced. Some really great people are not here any more. They took on so much, helped so many, and are gone. I know I am trying to hold the long line here, to be here as much as I can for others without making it my full time job and burning out. This private group really helps me to stay on track personally and not burn out. Who knows what it is that makes something work for one and not another!? Its a freaking mystery Brown! Just keep in mind, I did not get to goal until the end of year 3! It took trying a few things, giving them a good long try, keeping track of WAY too much information.... Its still a work in progress at 3 years... your not done, until you give up. We are here for you! That being said,

Susan, I am in full agreement with Kim and Daisy. We, a group of truly dedicated longer term sleevers, began this group because we desperately needed to find something that worked for us and that was 5:2. In doing that, we became fast friends and confidants. In every way imaginable! :). Knowing that I could "bare my soul" to this group whom I've never met face to face but linked heartbeats with has been life changing for me physically and I will say, sometimes emotionally.

Yes, there are others who need help and we willingly offer it On Other Threads And will continue. This place has become sacred to us. I would hate for that to change. I, personally, hope that we maintain the integrity of our group as it is.

Hey Susan, so whats the story... You said you feel like you might need to be re-sleaved... so how long have you been sleeved, who did it, what was your experience? You feel like you have lost your restriction? (5:2 can help with that...) Do you think it is the sleeve size- stretched out... or was your original sleeve made larger in the first place....what else have you tried? Give us a way to support you! Thats what we are hear for. Bouncing and regain are a b***h! Did you ever get to goal?

Susan, again, I agree with Kim. I regained almost 30 pounds and was on the point of totally losing it. You CAN re lose that weight. I did and many others here have and are still doing it. I would def give 5:2 a real shot and track, track, track what goes in your mouth.

I know, fore, I had to finally realize that I COULDNOT and never would be able to eat higher calories in a day and/or junk (believe me I was eating whole bags of mini powdered donuts in one sitting!) without gaining.

Now that I've refocused and am really WORKING It, I find it much easier to maintain and keep the weight off. I believe you can too!!!!!!! Go, Girl! We will help you!!!!

Susan, at one point, when this group was "open" we started moving to another private site. That privacy was so important. I believe it is helpful to others to make our wisdom available... but this group is more than that. The general crowd does not need to see naked pics or deepest secrets or private troubles. Most people in this group do post in the other areas... I know these days I'm mostly in the vets forum, but other places too now and then... and have been here contributing for over 3 years. Vets helped me out early on, and I am forever grateful. I am open to letting in a few more folks, but really it needs to be vetted by the group... if we lose one of our regular friends here, because it has turned into just a another corner of the regular forum, then that would defeat its purpose. You sound like you just might be a great fit here. In the past we have asked that members already have a commitment to the 5:2... and once in, you are in if you participate, we are loyal to our group...even if the 5:2 is not working that well for you... and I think this is good for MyBariatricPal even if we are closed. We really wanted to stop the flow of people who just wanted to jump in, ask the million questions that have already been asked a million times, and bring no long term experience with the sleeve, we also have really tried not to lure in people in their first year... thats their Doc/Nuts job, not ours... also, as you know, there are some aggressive, mean, short sighted, disagreeable people on this forum, its bound to happen, and we didn't want any of them crashing our happy home. I am a social worker in my "day job" as are others here... I know full well that helping others can burn you out if not paced. Some really great people are not here any more. They took on so much, helped so many, and are gone. I know I am trying to hold the long line here, to be here as much as I can for others without making it my full time job and burning out. This private group really helps me to stay on track personally and not burn out.

Susan, I am in full agreement with Kim and Daisy. We, a group of truly dedicated longer term sleevers, began this group because we desperately needed to find something that worked for us and that was 5:2. In doing that, we became fast friends and confidants. In every way imaginable! :). Knowing that I could "bare my soul" to this group whom I've never met face to face but linked heartbeats with has been life changing for me physically and I will say, sometimes emotionally.

Yes, there are others who need help and we willingly offer it On Other Threads And will continue. This place has become sacred to us. I would hate for that to change. I, personally, hope that we maintain the integrity of our group as it is.

I could not have said it better myself...I feel the same as Kim, Georgia and Daisy. I can see both sides of it but I really do love the closeness of this group. We have all formed a bond here, it is something special. I am thankful I was able to get in when I did!

I also understand that nothing is private on the internet. Anybody in this group could copy and paste and put any of the pictures or anything that is written anywhere for the whole world to see. I hope that will never happen.

Fast day for me today. I need to go out in the cold and finish my xmas shopping. I am FREEZING! Seriously I have so many layers on and I'm still cold.

Ok, on the privacy thing - I think we are all saying the same thing basically. What we don't want is people dropping in and lack of privacy. In the future, we may decide to admit someone new, because lets be honest things change, right? It would be a decision that factors in both their desire for 5:2 support but more importantly, the groups "feeling" about allowing that person. This group is about 5:2 but it is more about "days of our lives" and a deep sharing of the joys and tribulations of life. There are so few "safe" feeling places to do that.

Brown, don't give up at the holidays. I am going to guess you are a carb addict like me. That means that not only does the junkie crap tempt you unreasonably so BUT also once you start eating it you feel like hell. It isn't a rational time to make big decisions about weight/eating etc. I also think that you should have your thyroid checked and really discuss this situation with a NUT/physician. Holidays aside, you eat little enough you should be losing. If you use MFP that seems like good evidence/history to bring to them.

Susan, that part that is weird for me is to be the fit, attractive woman in dating. I am still not really used to it. The guy I had drinks and dinner with last night is from this area but lived in Australia for a long time and he is just kind of a character anyway. Well, a couple of hours into our date he says to me "I would love to unhook your bra"...I start to get offended and puzzled because he had been very gentlemanly and this seemed very out of the blue, and then he finishes the sentence "but I am worried the eyes will pop right out of that Indian guy's head, he has been checking you out." It was actually very funny the way he said it. And then he told me I had a rocking hot body. It feels good to be appreciated and noticed considering all the effort that has gone into getting to this point, but my whole life I have been "valued" by my intellect and personality and I guess I still think those things are more important even now.

Globe - I have much to say about Seattle, but that question was very wide open. Job hunting here is 100% online just like anywhere else. Many high tech employers, many companies in the under 1,000 employees range. Are you on Monster.com or anything like that? Where to live depends alot on your work/school schedule. Due to the major bodies of Water, commuting can be hell so you need to sort of plan location relative to your daily life to avoid the worst of it. If you ever want to talk things over directly I would be happy to. If you ever come here to check things out I would love to have you stay with me and I can show you around but remember I live 25 miles from downtown Seattle so not exactly a city dweller.

Have a great day!

I don't know how to say it other than just to say it.. Weeks ago I mentioned that we should close the group. I'm happy to have Susan here, and there may be one or two more super vets I see floating around that might be a good fit. But at this point that's about it for me.

Vetted, yes Kim. That's what I'm thinking..

Also when we went private it really "hid" our group so not many people even realize it exists here, for instance PDXman asked me the other day if we still exist because he looked everywhere for us. We do have threads on the vets forum helping out people that think they want to try it. They usually fall away after their first rush of excitement wears off. They lose a few pounds, then two weeks later no weight loss so they move on the the next "miracle".

Brown,

Hang on ok? The cookie thing? You just described me.. But the victory I see there? You not only didn't take them you spoke out loud about your disordered eating... That's a major thing to me, I expose the dirty underbelly of my addiction more and more these days to people and it's giving it less power. Keep talking trust me get it out.

Let's get through the holidays brown. I'm holding on for dear life, it's not pretty it's not perfect, but we will get through it.

Ok fasting today.. Oh and it's grocery day and costco day! Lol I'm a glutton for punishment :P

Jane, I gotta ask...when do you decide to share with the person you are dating or have dated that you used to be heavy? Is it something you share? Is that something that is discussed down the road if it turns into something? Did this guy ask why you were eating so little? Are you open and upfront about your sleeve?

I love asking questions and finding out things like this because I may never experience it being married for 18 years! The whole online dating thing is also fascinating to me. My daughter does it but I think it's different for someone older and more mature.

Edited by sarsar

I weighed 147.0 this morning. That is after two nights of eating dinner at restaurants. Last night even included 2 martinis (oh what was I thinking, on a week night even?) and my weight bounced down. What this tells me is I may be undereating on my normal days. I don't track, as i have shared before and I sometimes feel like I eat too little but it is sort of hard to believe, right? So, I guess my point is that I think 5:2 works best when you actually follow it, undereating on normal days is probably not a good idea. Today IS a fast day - no dates, no work parties.

I do have a work potluck tomorrow and the bitches assigned me to bring dessert. Of course, if I bake something I will have to eat it... grrrr

When I met Steven, I poured my guts out to him basically on our 2-3rd date, before we even kissed. I warned him so much about my extra skin (my main parania) that by the time he saw it, he was like "geez, you had me pretty scared, it isn't THAT bad". Over the following months, we talked about my skin issues from time to time and his main compliment was that i knew how to dress and hide it. I eventually got over my mortification of having tummy and thigh skin....get in the way... if you know what I mean. He taught me a lot about being more confident in my own sexiness and don't apologize for being me. He always tells me that I look way better that most women my age, even with the skin, and I don't have to make excuses or give a care what anybody thinks. One of the great things about him is that he tells me that the only unscarred "perfect" middle aged bodies are the ones that haven't lived and he wants nothing to do with those high maintenance princesses.

So, fast forward to what I am doing now. I don't intend to get physical with anybody until I narrow down who I really want to see. I am still shopping so to speak and think probably 6-8 dates is minimum before I feel the need to tell them anything. I have plastic surgery scars and I also think people deserve to know since it is part of my story, but i don't intend to discuss it unless I am seriously thinking about "picking" one of them to be my new steady. Steven advised me to date several someones for 2-3 months before choosing one to be sexual, and exclusive with. He said he has done that in the past with women and it is a good way to really find out a persons crazy and all that before you leap into bed.

Nobody has asked me about my eating... I keep them busy with my charming smile and apparently enticing bosom. If anybody does ask, I will just tell them the truth, that I eat small portions of high Protein to manage my weight and health. I have been told more than once that men meet women who look good from the breasts up, but are very unfit the rest of the body (and they post their photos in such a way to mislead so i am told). So far, the reaction I have gotten is more that I look better than they expect and so they seem more interested in that then what I am eating. I guess that's guys for you...

If anybody annoys me on the subject of my eating, I won't see him again, but I will definately discuss it in depth if I am thinking to become serious with someone (by serious I mean sexual and planning on an ongoing seeing him)

I'll keep ya posted. :)

Jane, I gotta ask...when do you decide to share with the person you are dating or have dated that you used to be heavy? Is it something you share? Is that something that is discussed down the road if it turns into something? Did this guy ask why you were eating so little? Are you open and upfront about your sleeve?

I love asking questions and finding out things like this because I may never experience it being married for 18 years! The whole online dating thing is also fascinating to me. My daughter does it but I think it's even different for someone older and more mature.

Alcohol is a diuretic so sometimes I weigh less after drinking.. But maybe you should track for a day or to to make sure you are eating enough.

Shit if I thought I was jipping myself out of food I'd change that in a hurry! :D

Oh yes Jane details on the dates (you too daisy) Like maybe we can see their profile pics so we can live vicariously through you! Lol! you have to give us old married people some thrills :)

Hi ladies, I'm still here. Not doing well at all. Haven't made the app with my Nut, thought about stopping 5:2. haven't fasted all week. HO! HO! HO!.. this holiday season is bringing all the Cookies, cakes, candies and pies to the office is killing me. We are having 12 days of Christmas at the office and one day ( i'm losing track ) was cookie day . Everyone in the building received a cookie. Well there were extra's and my boss suggested I take one home for my grandson. I laughed and said.. "it wouldn't make it home I would eat it in the car".. he said " well take two ", I laughed and said not sure that would get to my grand son either".. then he said " well how many would I have to give you to make at least one home to your grandson". I suggested he just not give me any.. That's a shame.. I'm not even capable of not eating a delicious melt in your mouth cookie for my grandson. I'm in a really bad place. I've gained the few pounds back I started with on 5:2. The science of the plan makes sense. Weight loss shouldn't be this difficult. Eat less calories then your body needs to function and you should lose weight. Simple right?? Then it must be me.. I've gotta be doing something wrong!!.. URGH!!.. BTW.. Hi Susan Welcome to the group. Sounds like you already know many of the others. I read your profile, is there a blog I can read that will help me get to know you? Re-Sleeve is that a real thing? I haven't had good success on 5:2 in the weight loss dept but it has helped with the restriction. Once I got past the first few fast days, fasting was really easy for me. I fast on Monday and Thursday. On non fast days the desire to eat is less and the restriction when I do it is more than before starting 5:2. Even thought 5:2 hasn't seemed to work for me, I'm going to give it another shot, this group has helped me. I don't feel so alone on top of feeling like a failure, desperate, frustrated and confused. K. I'm making some modifications ( there I go again ), but don't give up on me. I need the wisdom of you ladies that have made this work. That have obviously made your sleeve work for your. Since I can't go back in time and loose more weight during my first year.. I'm here moving in to year 3 having hit my 2 year anniversary in Nov 2013 with so much more weight to lose. Unlike you guys I'm not in wonderland. Actually that was never my goal and honestly at this point in my life, I'm fine with that. Just not fine with where I am right now.. I'm not giving up, so don't give up on me. If I can't do this with all the successful ladies of this group, then I really am an epic failure!!.. URGH.. Its Thursday and I'm starting my Thursday fast day. Shakey in my resolve.. but gotta start again somewhere.

Brown don't give up. This is the holiday and it sounds like you were wise to not take any cookies home. Heck I would of ate them before I got to the car... LOL This is a really hard time to resist our old habits of eating but you have insight and recognize it too. Good job and please don't give up on losing the extra.....You will succeed, for Gawn sake's, you already have.....

I agree with FYE. Iknow that if the group has difficult people that are hypersensitive to feedback, then I might not want to partake in sharing personal information about myself..I am comfortable and love everyone on this site right now.. I do miss Cheri though...she will be back soon and she is a very valuable asset to our little family here.....there is another 5:2 posting that others can contribute to as well. So no one will be let out of that posting..... JMHO....

Hi ladies, I'm still here. Not doing well at all. Haven't made the app with my Nut, thought about stopping 5:2. haven't fasted all week. HO! HO! HO!.. this holiday season is bringing all the cookies, cakes, candies and pies to the office is killing me. We are having 12 days of Christmas at the office and one day ( i'm losing track ) was cookie day . Everyone in the building received a cookie. Well there were extra's and my boss suggested I take one home for my grandson. I laughed and said.. "it wouldn't make it home I would eat it in the car".. he said " well take two ", I laughed and said not sure that would get to my grand son either".. then he said " well how many would I have to give you to make at least one home to your grandson". I suggested he just not give me any.. That's a shame.. I'm not even capable of not eating a delicious melt in your mouth cookie for my grandson. I'm in a really bad place. I've gained the few pounds back I started with on 5:2. The science of the plan makes sense. Weight loss shouldn't be this difficult. Eat less calories then your body needs to function and you should lose weight. Simple right?? Then it must be me.. I've gotta be doing something wrong!!.. URGH!!.. BTW.. Hi Susan Welcome to the group. Sounds like you already know many of the others. I read your profile, is there a blog I can read that will help me get to know you? Re-Sleeve is that a real thing? I haven't had good success on 5:2 in the weight loss dept but it has helped with the restriction. Once I got past the first few fast days, fasting was really easy for me. I fast on Monday and Thursday. On non fast days the desire to eat is less and the restriction when I do it is more than before starting 5:2. Even thought 5:2 hasn't seemed to work for me, I'm going to give it another shot, this group has helped me. I don't feel so alone on top of feeling like a failure, desperate, frustrated and confused. K. I'm making some modifications ( there I go again ), but don't give up on me. I need the wisdom of you ladies that have made this work. That have obviously made your sleeve work for your. Since I can't go back in time and loose more weight during my first year.. I'm here moving in to year 3 having hit my 2 year anniversary in Nov 2013 with so much more weight to lose. Unlike you guys I'm not in wonderland. Actually that was never my goal and honestly at this point in my life, I'm fine with that. Just not fine with where I am right now.. I'm not giving up, so don't give up on me. If I can't do this with all the successful ladies of this group, then I really am an epic failure!!.. URGH.. Its Thursday and I'm starting my Thursday fast day. Shakey in my resolve.. but gotta start again somewhere.

Who knows what it is that makes something work for one and not another!? Its a freaking mystery Brown! Just keep in mind, I did not get to goal until the end of year 3! It took trying a few things, giving them a good long try, keeping track of WAY too much information.... Its still a work in progress at 3 years... your not done, until you give up. We are here for you!

That being said,

Yesturday I had to go to an orientation that lasted 4 hours I thought that it was only 1 hour and was totally not prepared. I ended up going to some stupid vending machine and indulging in some cheetos.....then 3 hours later on my way to my friends house, my head told me I was famished and was seeking fast food drive through. I haven't done that for a couple of years. I chose El Pollo Loco and got chicken. That was a good choice. But after eating my thigh, a tablespoon of mac n cheese with a tablespoon for rice, I could of ate a lot more. :( My stomach stretched or my head....A 1/2 hour later walked to the store and bought some M&M peanuts and ate the whole bag. My old habit snuck back in and now I have to stop that sh**...

I weighed this morning and I lost from 147 lbs to 144 lbs. ??????????? So I'm going to contribute that to my scale being low on batteries. I am going to buy and new scale also. One that's not so fancy....On a good note, today i will be fasting to clean the sugars out of my body..........yep, clean eating and low cal today. I got to get my head back into my new life style..... :P

Talking about husbands, my husband is 6.2 and has a large bone frame too. His hands and food are really big and he struggles with buying gloves and shoes that fit him....He is the kindest dearest man I know and strives to provide for his wonderful family...... :P

Edited by Ms skinniness

LV your scale lies to you! You are so skinny and I love your pic! You are also Miss Skinniness too! I will definitely get a pic really soon too... :P

Alcohol is a diuretic so sometimes I weigh less after drinking.. But maybe you should track for a day or to to make sure you are eating enough.

**** if I thought I was jipping myself out of food I'd change that in a hurry! :D

Oh yes Jane details on the dates (you too daisy) Like maybe we can see their profile pics so we can live vicariously through you! Lol! you have to give us old married people some thrills :)

I totally agree! I love reading about these dates! I love seeing the pictures of outfits, too. And I really would love to see their profile pics! Can't you sneak some pics of these guys so we can see what they look like? lol

Thanks for sharing the info, Jane. Congrats on the new low!

I am procrastinating over here. I need to get out of this house before it's time to get the boys from school!