Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you Coops! I can't tell you what a big smile you gave me the time you posted that phrase! :D

I just went over to calorie count to check and the last time I lost -9lbs it took me over 3 months! I was eating about 1200-1400 cals a day and that is how long it took me. WOW!

Talk about inspiration to stick with it! :wub:

YAY!!! I can't believe you've lost 9lb, that is AWESOME!

Congrats on losing nine pounds!

Globe, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable with my post! I know I'm not fat, and I also know I should be thankful that I'm so close to my goal again, or that I even reached it once. I didn't mean to be insensitive - I guess it's all perspective. I'm frustrated by my slow pace and by the fact that my clothes don't fit me well again. Crazy as it sounds, even if it's not the same, it reminds me of those slow creeps upward I had prior to surgery. You know, when you outgrow an entire size of clothes and nothing fits right? Ugh. I'm lucky to be where I am, I know that. And I only wish I were still breastfeeding! I had three back to back infections and the third round of antibiotics put the wee one off my milk. Now I'm paying for the privilege to feed her corn Syrup. :(

So, the talk about the license reminded me. My military ID still shows me at 200 pounds. But they're strict! Even though I'm technically supposed to change it once my weight changes more than 20 pounds, they still don't want to make me a new one in the ID office. So every dang time I go on post they hassle me about my photo because I'm sixty pounds lighter (close to it, anyway)! I never lied on my IDs about my weight, but it was so nice to be able to write that number on the paperwork and not be ashamed of it. I even remember getting that new ID and being thrilled that the number on the back was less than 250 pounds. :)

I'm doing a normal day today. Hubs' birthday is late August so I'm making a cake for him today. I'm not even in the mood to do anything and don't even like cake, but the kids wanted to give him the cards/gifts they brought and asked if I'd make his favorite. Stepkids leave tomorrow and I'm in a bit of a funk. We don't get to see them nearly enough, though the long visits are taxing. It would be nice to live closer to them, if that didn't mean being closer to their mom, too!

Thanks to everyone for the reassuring words yesterday. I'm fine, just a moody little person. And yesterday was my mom's birthday (50th) and her health is poor and she hasn't seen the baby yet because we're not prepared for the long trip (22 hours!) and she can't fly right now. It just puts me in a mood when I have things to worry about. But never mind that, if I didn't have real things to worry about, I'd probably invent them!

Hope everyone has a great day - I'm glad everyone is doing so well and is so positive. I need to adjust my attitude, I know. It's definitely that my weight is an easy target, just like prior to surgery. "This is the ONE thing making me unhappy." And it's complete and utter BS and I know that - but it should be easier to shed seven pounds than it is to deal with ex-wives or a troubled stepdaughter or all the other nonsense we have going on all day, every day! And my hubs went back to work today after eleven days home. Boo hoo. Now I'm on solo kid duty again. ;)

~Cheri

And hello, DEE! I won't call you Swizzly anymore.

M2G, that is amazing, congrats on that fantastic loss!

And that is great too, Coops! And I agree with Globe, give yourself a little compassion. I actually think there are a lot of us that need to do that, myself included! I also hate that stupid BMI chart because I am also in the overweight category, and it drives me a little batty!

Cheri, I am so happy to hear about your hubby being home for a bit longer. I cannot fathom how difficult it must be to be a military wife. The longest my husband has been gone for any stretch was a week, and that was difficult...and I know that he is safe, not fighting wars.

Yesterday was my fast day and it went well, I came in at around 525 calories. My weight is still sitting around the same, so I am hoping for some loss in the next while.

Have a great day all of you Tuesday fasters!

I will post this over in our 'stats' thread (really can't remember the name so I'm just calling it that for now) but today marks 3 weeks since I began my 5:2 way of eating and I'm down -9lbs.

Congrats! This plan has a little magic in it. And for those that are not losing, it still has properties that put you in a lower risk category health wise! Now THAT is the real magic!

Congrats! This plan has a little magic in it. And for those that are not losing, it still has properties that put you in a lower risk category health wise! Now THAT is the real magic!

Yes, THIS. Totally!! This is what keeps me going!! It would be nice to lose down to my ultimate 65kg goal, but in the meantime, all my clothes fit and all is well. But the fasting benefits are what I'm in it for, for now. Thanks!!

Words for the day "pork scratchings"

And "gacking" :D love it!

Oh and "chuffed to beans" :P

Globe hang in there, I read your other post in the vets section 1600 calories on a feed day? I don't think that's cringe worthy.

Dee (swizzly) I will try and remember to call you that, but my memory is shot so forgive if I forget?

Mg2? Nine pounds?

Awesome

Coops husband took a picture?

Better show us! :D

Ok fast day for me.. I'm still at 160!

After all of my feast days, a little magic is right!

i did really well today. I haven't weighed yet though. I hate not knowing my accurate weight bc of the cast.

Fasting was easy yesterday, I don't know how people do it with families and poor Cheri with house guests of 7 weeks!

i did really well today. I haven't weighed yet though. I hate not knowing my accurate weight bc of the cast.

Fasting was easy yesterday' date=' I don't know how people do it with families and poor Cheri with house guests of 7 weeks![/quote']

Good job daisy!

My fast on Tuesday falls on family pizza night,

Papa Murphy's has a x large stuffed crust on tues for ten dollars so I routinely pick one up and bake it for the family... Sometimes it really bothers me. The smell beckons me to just take a bite (or ten)

I always make sure to have my chicken ready first so I can dive into SOMETHING quick!

pizza doesn't faze me anymore since I don't eat the crust. I eat the toppings off and enjoy it very much!! (Probably not on a fast day tho...go LV!!)

Yep dee not on a fast day, I'd get what two bites?

I'm all about quantity still even with the "tiny tummy" :P

Daisy you have to love google it said a wrist cast could weigh 2 to THREE pounds!

Cheri, I am so happy to hear about your hubby being home for a bit longer. I cannot fathom how difficult it must be to be a military wife. The longest my husband has been gone for any stretch was a week, and that was difficult...and I know that he is safe, not fighting wars.

While I'm frustrated and sad that he'll go I know we're lucky. This is the job - it's just that the short notice isn't all that great. Now that we have more time to plan I'll be okay with it - still stressed a bit and still worried for him but much better. I have to be able to plan or I don't deal well. :)

Amazing perspective, as usual. Thanks for that - it is good for my insulin, in particular, as someone who is insulin resistant and whose diabetes is in remission. IF is good for our blood sugars, so I can't disregard the benefits even when the scale doesn't obey my every command.

Fasting was easy yesterday, I don't know how people do it with families and poor Cheri with house guests of 7 weeks!

I make the family eat what I'm eating. :) And I say the cast weighs five pounds. Wishful thinking, huh?! How long do you have to wear the darn thing?

Papa Murphy's has a x large stuffed crust on tues for ten dollars so I routinely pick one up and bake it for the family... Sometimes it really bothers me. The smell beckons me to just take a bite (or ten)

I always make sure to have my chicken ready first so I can dive into SOMETHING quick!

Yeah. I found my fast night landed on a pizza night a while back and even though I normally don't get excited much for pizza (how can I get excited when I only eat one slice of a food that remains, in my mind, a quantity dish?) I was kind of a moody crank that night because I was eating tuna while they were eating pizza. Now I plan around them and make them eat what I'm eating. Chicken breasts all around, please!

Today is going well. Actually, I'm low, low, low on calories but whatever. I've only had 580...and it's not a fast day. What's up with that? I mean, really? Because I swear it's a nightmare some days to keep the fast days to 550 or less and on the feast days I'm just fine avoiding food and even do it unintentionally sometimes.

You know why this is bad? Because my body KNOWS I'm low on calories and I start getting super hungry in the evening. Yeah, evening Snacks are a no-no for me because it gets out of control too quickly. Unlike positive habits, it only takes one night of snacking for my body to be like, "Hey, it's 10 pm, time for a snack" every single night after that one slip! Stupid fat person habits...it's like they never, ever go away, no matter how long I spend in a small body.

~Cheri

Fast day today.

I will post this over in our 'stats' thread (really can't remember the name so I'm just calling it that for now) but today marks 3 weeks since I began my 5:2 way of eating and I'm down -9lbs.

Chuffed to Beans as my lovely Brit Coops would say!

9 pounds in 3 weeks! Fab!!!

Oh and all my 5:2 "frands", vacay, um, not so much the fasting but having. Fab time and walking for exercise so hopefully, all will be well. Didn't get to fast today my normal day so go na try to hold it down tomorrow. Averaging about 1000-1100 so far a day. Not too bad.

9 pounds in 3 weeks! Fab!!!

Oh and all my 5:2 "frands"' date=' vacay, um, not so much the fasting but having. Fab time and walking for exercise so hopefully, all will be well. Didn't get to fast today my normal day so go na try to hold it down tomorrow. Averaging about 1000-1100 so far a day. Not too bad.[/quote']

Have fun Georgia!

My fast was ok had several things pop up that made me want to eat.. But I'm holding steady at 540, A bit over I know, but it could of been worse.

Thanks for googling wrist cast I guessed bc I weighed before I had it put on. I get a removable cast 2 weeks from tomorrow!

I am so excited that my pants aren't tight anymore. Honestly, I was afraid I'd never get this regain off. Thanks so much for telling me about 5:2. It really works for me!

CLK, I should remember that all things are relative - and that if I am every so lucky as to actually achieve 150 lbs, I know I won't even enjoy it, I will be focused on wanting to be 130 lbs.

Yesterday was a successful fast day, finally! 600 cals. My energy might be getting better so I may be able to return to the gym soon.