Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 pounds! Thats awesome! Figure the cast is about .5 pounds...if its more than thats just a bonus!

179.8-

Just saying' date=' what a difference a .2 pound makes!

6 pounds to lowest, 5 more to "normal" BMI

I have been looking for some specific pants.... I was even willing to shell out the big bucks (non thrift store prices!!) to get them.... well out looking for shoes (mind you I wear a size 12... as a shoe store manager once reminded me "nothing bigger than that shoe than the box!") anyway, I found the very pants I wanted at Ross... for 13! I didn't try them on.... they were in the Junior 11s.... and I figured for 13, I might stand a chance of losing into them (old story). I got them home, tried them on, looked pretty much like they were painted on, but I got the zipper and button done! And my husband, he went crazy, he kept making me look at my butt in the mirror! I even found three pairs of womens shoes... I usually wear mens! Im giving credit to all these things to the last .2 pounds! Girls, I am a little afraid of vacation....its going to be full of my foodie friends , LA restaurants, and a big after party where food is the name of the game..... I guess all I can really do is enjoy, and hit the damage control when I get back....[/quote']

And that's what I'm saying!! The 170s!!!!!!!! Whoop whoop! Love Ross and your bargains. I'm thinking ill be in over my head a little too on vacay but I know now what to do when I get back!!!!!

179.8-

Just saying, what a difference a .2 pound makes!

6 pounds to lowest, 5 more to "normal" BMI

I have been looking for some specific pants.... I was even willing to shell out the big bucks (non thrift store prices!!) to get them.... well out looking for shoes (mind you I wear a size 12... as a shoe store manager once reminded me "nothing bigger than that shoe than the box!") anyway, I found the very pants I wanted at Ross... for $13! I didn't try them on.... they were in the Junior 11s.... and I figured for $13, I might stand a chance of losing into them (old story). I got them home, tried them on, looked pretty much like they were painted on, but I got the zipper and button done! And my husband, he went crazy, he kept making me look at my butt in the mirror! I even found three pairs of womens shoes... I usually wear mens! Im giving credit to all these things to the last .2 pounds! Girls, I am a little afraid of vacation....its going to be full of my foodie friends , LA restaurants, and a big after party where food is the name of the game..... I guess all I can really do is enjoy, and hit the damage control when I get back....

JUNIORS SIZE? Awesome! I have a daughter who wears juniors sizes and they ARE cut small! WTG!

Just do the best you can while on vacation and get back to it when you are home. I found that I lost a lb while up visiting my mom for 5 days. That NEVER happens. But I wasn't going to argue with my scale. ;)

Hey, OD, I think you need to go to eat something nutritious while you are taking pain meds! You will wind up nauseous and sick. Need to baby yourself right now.

Don't worry about Laura. We will beat up anybody that messes with her! We have kick boxers And everything in this group. :)

FYE, thanks! Hope you have a great time too!

Totally second this post Georgia!

Ok the weirdest thing...

Oh first fast day yesterday, I did good 450 calories! Until I made fresh guacamole for the family :(

Yep just a few chips and guacamole and there went my fast up to 551 0_o

But, the weird thing I stepped on the scale a little while ago and I saw a number that confused me? I must admit I was kind of day dreaming when I stepped on it and not really concentrating on what I was doing.

160? I really didn't understand what that number meant..Was I up? was I down? I had to step off and regroup and step on again. 160! OMG I'm down Laura that's down! :D

So I guess I stuck that one pound and added another

Sorry for the long post for 2 pounds but.... Well you guys know :)

Ok the weirdest thing...

Oh first fast day yesterday, I did good 450 calories! Until I made fresh guacamole for the family :(

Yep just a few chips and guacamole and there went my fast up to 551 0_o

But, the weird thing I stepped on the scale a little while ago and I saw a number that confused me? I must admit I was kind of day dreaming when I stepped on it and not really concentrating on what I was doing.

160? I really didn't understand what that number meant..Was I up? was I down? I had to step off and regroup and step on again. 160! OMG I'm down Laura that's down! :D

So I guess I stuck that one pound and added another

Sorry for the long post for 2 pounds but.... Well you guys know :)

Blessed be the 5:2! For Guacamole is not my enemy any more! 2 pounds!!!??? I would have to wax poetic for about a page for that! Good going girl! I have been going over on fast days a little too, really Its been working fine for me. I try not to go over 550 though...

Wow, everyone is doing so well! Congrats to FYE and Laura for breaking new territory! That is so exciting!

Fast day yesterday was going well, then went bust and ended up at 650 calories, but I am still going to count it. I got a little sabotaged by my husband. He wanted to go out for a drive with the kids to check our a new bridge that was just completed and then wanted a treat. I wanted to go to Dairy Queen because their fudge bars and orange bars are low calorie and would have kept me within my limit. But we decided on McDonald's because it is a lot cheaper. I got a small cone, which clocked in at 230 calories. Yeesh! I knew it would be high, but I didn't think that high. Oh well. My weight is still staying down at the moment, 4 lbs down total now. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks because that is when I always lose.

Today has been a normal day for me and so far so good. Maybe fairly healthy choices and haven't been craving anything crazy!

I just got back from my vacation. And you know what, I just threw caution to the wind and decided to enjoy it. I ate so much everyday it was ridiculous. I was scared to weigh when we got back, but I actually had lost a pound while on vacation and it has stayed off. Who knows, maybe my body just needed the break (it sometimes is like that).

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are going to a parade tomorrow and then fishing the next day with the kids! And we will roast hot dogs and marshmallows, and I will enjoy them!

Thanks guys :) sweetums pretty new picture!

See we all stress about vacation but we've all so far have come through them unscathed.

So FYE and Georgia you girls have a good time too and all will work out!

Well the relatives have gone now so hopefully I can have a fast day today. Water and coffee so far but it is only 10:10am. I just got to stay focused and fight the carb devil because I have had a few of them over the last few days.

It looks like it might be a bit quiet on here next week as a few go away. Enjoy your holidays ladies, forget about the scales. Those of us who are left will have to log on more to offer encouragement and support.

You lot are doing sooooo well.... this is really encouraging and puts a lil smile on my face!

I'm really proud to be a member of this group!

Busy day for me yesterday, went shopping for some holiday stuff - all the family got bits, but not me (sad face) still, that is just how it goes!

Fast day went well yesterday...not rewarded on the scale though, still at the top of my bounce and I don't get why this is happening - unless it is just my pattern? Might be that I lose, regain a few, stay there and lose again! Arghhhh! Just when I thought things were working out nice and neatly! I am wondering whether, after my holidays, I will have to start logging.... just when I thought I had sussed it out enough not to log!

I go away Friday for 2 weeks - all inclusive - and there is a part of me that is dreading the food side of things. Last year I gained but I really don't want to do that again, but I also realise that it is a massive likely hood! Oh well, we only go away once a year...lol!

Yes, everyone is doing a great job! I was down another .7 pounds this morning after NOLA day yesterday. So I'm counting that as almost a pound! Lol. That's 1.7 for week. 20.7 in all.

Yes, Coops, getting gear together for Bach to pull out about 4am Mon morning. Good thing is that we have a condo with full kitchen so I can eat mostly clean. :). Hopefully. And that's a BIG hope!!

Wishing everyone a grand weekend! Eat healthy!!!!!

Does anyone else try to hide their "dieting" habits from young to pre-teen to teen girls living in their house? I have two girls (ages 11 and 12.5) and I do not tell them "oh gee, today I'm eating 500 cals and I'm fasting" I worry about what that does to them and their own eating habits and behaviors. My 12 yo is already over 5'4" and probably 125-130lbs (I don't see her weight except at the dr. visits each year) so there is NO WAY IN HE)) that I need her thinking she should fast.

Thanks for your reply (and Coops and Laura-Ven too!) I mention this mostly because my 12 yo has been feeling "fat" and she is mostly taller and larger than other girls her age. She is very athletic and she is the kind of kid who eats enough at one sitting (like a full 'adult' size meal) and then totally forgets about food for hours! My 11 yo is quite a bit shorter (not quite 5' yet, in fact I think she is about 4'9") and she is my grazer. She has horrible eating habits and we definitely have to remind her about sugar intake, etc. But she eats a tiny little amount (still can't finish a kid size meal in one sitting) and then an hour later she is looking for food again. Sigh. So I just don't want them thinking that 500 cals a day is NORMAL. They know all about my surgery (they were 8 and 9 when I had it) and my youngest even gives me a hard time sometimes because I can be the "food police" and she calls my stomach my bananna or my "squirrel" stomach. Hahah.

So, I have talked about this on other threads. Full time I only have my three (5 year old twins and 4 month old) at home but I have four stepdaughters (and one stepson) that have lived with us off an on over the years and visit for ten weeks a year. My stepdaughters are all VERY petite - I mean, they range in age from 13 to 23 and none of them weighs more than 115 pounds. One of them, 19 years old, is anorexic (5'5" and barely holding 99-102) - she has a number of very serious issues and all the girls grew up in a house where their mom was either in full out binge or deprivation diet mode. There has never been a happy medium or healthy standard set for them. Complicating matters is that she's one of those "I'm fat, I'm ugly, I need to diet" people and is constantly vocalizing her insecurities and issues to the girls. So, the first time I heard my youngest stepdaughters say they were fat, they were five and six, respectively.

When I got sleeved, nobody knew but my husband and my mom. I told two friends that happened to call me while I was in Mexico. I was very private about it - more because of my husband than my own feelings about the matter. I didn't see the kids until I was about four months post op and by then I was down fifty pounds or so. But I think that because it was the holidays and I was cooking for fifteen (again, endless stream of guests) nobody really paid any attention to my food intake. I noticed the first summer visit after surgery that the girls were emulating my eating habits. At that point, I was roughly a year out and could hardly eat more than a scrambled egg in a sitting. So I had to sit down and talk food with the girls - to explain my surgery and to explain my eating habits. I showed them MFP and how much I eat in the course of a day. It did not help that their mom was feeling very competitive with me and because she didn't know about my surgery, was attempting to live on five Protein Shakes and hours of exercise each day to shed weight at the same time I was going over this with the girls. I noticed that from that point, while all the girls are still not fully healthy about their habits or the way they talk about their bodies, they do seem to eat a more balanced way. Excepting my anorexic stepdaughter, of course. When I fast, they don't even notice. They simply assume that I'm drinking Protein coffee and getting in my calories. They no longer try to skip meals to be thinner after a night of overindulging.

I'm sorry to be so long winded about this (as if you'd expect anything else from me?!) but it's really important to me. Watching their mom totally screw with their heads because she's so preoccupied with herself has been a serious wake up call. My kids - all of them - never hear me talk badly about my body or my weight. I do talk about calories sometimes but for the most part, they see me eat whatever I want, in moderation, without crazy diets or self hatred. No matter how angry I get at the scale, my kids don't know it and I never talk about it. It's really changed how I treat myself, by extension, because I don't want them growing up with the idea that being thin and pretty is the most important and valuable thing a woman can be. They will hear me say, "let's make a healthier choice" rather than "don't eat that food" when it comes to picking something to eat. And because I bake so much, they're actually unimpressed by cakes, Cookies, candies and freshly baked breads. It's nothing special to them, and thankfully, they'd rather have homemade than anything you can buy in the store, so I don't have kids clamoring for Twinkies or Oreos because they'll just ask me to make what they like best, anyway. Then they'll eat one or two of whatever it is and be on their way and done with it, while I give the rest away to other folks. :)

However, it only takes ONE comment to damage them! My youngest stepdaughter (all of 110 pounds) pinched her stomach in front of my then four year old last summer and called her tiny fold of skin "ugly and gross" in her hearing. My little girl is obese. Not due to poor eating habits - I've watched the whole "nature vs. nurture" thing on her weight from birth - she's just bigger than other kids and not for lack of exercise or because she chugs soda and eats candy all day. In any case, I now have a five year old that "hates" her number on the scale - something I've NEVER attached any significance to - because she's old enough and smart enough to do the math to realize she outweighs her twin brother by 17 pounds. Well, she's grown each year and he's only gained six pounds since he turned two. I can't help that! Now I have this kid that without really understanding what it means is unhappy about her weight and who pinches her stomach and says it's ugly.

It's absolutely heartbreaking. So all of this to sum up and say BE MINDFUL. Explain your surgery and eating methods when they're old enough, encourage them to love themselves, shower them with real compliments that have value (not just, "You're so pretty" but also "I love how much you practice your spelling" and "I love that you didn't say mean things when you got frustrated with your twin.") because everyone around your kids is going to expose them to their own personal issues. My little ones start kindergarten in a month and I know my kids are already going to be bigger than the other kids because they have a late birthday (November babies) and my daughter is just plain solid and will likely be the biggest girl in the room. While I do worry, I also want to be 100% sure to make her know that there is so much more to being a good and happy person than our appearance. But other kids? They're mean as hell and I'm definitely worried that she's going to have problems. But I do everything I can to be sure that I fend off as much of that at home as possible. Once they're older, they notice for sure. I didn't say a word and my stepdaughters immediately tried eating like me. It's taken two years of tackling the issue head on to get them to realize that starvation or fad diets are bad for the body and impossible to maintain long term.

So am I the only one who hasn't lost ANY weight doing this? I was, this morning, back up to my highest weight since originally getting to goal (72kg). I'm still keeping on, but wha...?? I have had a few social occasions that were full of food and wine, but I've also been tracking non-fast days and most of them have been quite reasonable 1600-1800 days as usual.

I'm trippin...

Edit: My fast days have ALL been in the 500-cal range and I've never (yet) had to ditch one cos of eating instead. So I've had legit fast days in the double-digits now.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I have lost weight - not nearly as much as I'd like but I've lost a few pounds. I'm at a loss about advice, other than the idea that your normal maintenance calories are low enough that you can maintain but still too high for loss. I hope you figure it out!

Had a rough night.. I woke up today and the first thing I thought was NOT fasting. Then I thought that's a cop out for me and a license to over eat.

So it's 12:24 and I will have my first meal soon. It's funny the last two days I really don't want to drink either, do any of you ever get days where you just don't want copious amounts of Water?

Like, every day? I seriously am so sick of guzzling water that I have entire days where I just don't drink any. Not good, I know. I'm just sick of it. I try to get a minimum of 32 ounces in and I aim for 64 still but it's a challenge at this point. And good point on the "license to over eat" because I have had days (like, every day this past week) where I'm just not in the mood to fast. Now, I'm not eating brownies and pie instead but I just haven't wanted that limitation and I realized with your words that it's just me copping out. Fasting isn't as easy for me right now - it's hard to do when I have a never ending stream of house guests and drama.

~Cheri

So, my update:

No 5:2 for the entire past week. Shame on me. No real MFP tracking, either. That said, I estimate I've been anywhere from 800-1,500 calories each day - not one real overindulging day in there. No fasts, either.

I'll be back on track Monday with a fast. My stepkids leave next week and our final house guest leaves the week after that. I am SO ready for life to be back to normal.

So in the past week I've shed four tenths of a pound.

Sad but true, I think I'll stick with 5:2 for the good habits, but I'm pretty sure it's not affecting my loss at all. I think I'll just pokily shed these last few pounds to goal over the next several months no matter what I do. Unless, of course, I head totally off track and have an ice cream orgy. Which ain't gonna happen, so I'm pretty sure I'm good.

So, fast on Monday, normal day today and tomorrow. I'll get back to MFP but I think I've had far more days below 1,200 calories than above. I'm just doing too much to really eat regular meals. And I've been drinking coffee around the clock, which does nothing good for me (other than preserve my sanity) and definitely reduces my appetite.

Hope all you ladies are doing well. I'm so glad to see some new faces here and welcome back Globe!

I hope that wrist heals quickly, Daisy, and I'm sorry you got hurt. I had a simple fall eight years ago that resulted in permanent screws in my leg/ankle. I'm just clumsy like that. :)

~Cheri

Thank you.

It's been bumming me out to not be able to do the things I'm used to doing. Plus I'm ready for all the pain to be done with!

I hope I can keep off this weekend what I lost fasting during the week.

Peeps, y'all will not believe this!! I weighed this morning. 155.4. Which for the week makes 2.6 I think!!!!! So amazing. Glad to go into vacay at a low so I will have a losing mindset! Lol.