Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

Fawnb27, that sounds just like me. I was sleeved by Dr. Svendson in October 2013 and live in the north metro. Would be great to have someone to talk to and compare notes.

Seems like I've been sleeved forever and yet it was just done May 20th!!!

I feel like I should be shedding pounds....I'm down about 16 pounds since surgery plus 9 before so 25. When I write it I guess it isn't too bad. I just think I should see pounds gone everyday! I have to put that scale away!

I'm having a really hard time getting the Protein in. Seems like the 1 percent milk is all that really likes my tummy. And Soup made with milk. I can't get those shakes down. Trying to just sip and get one down during the day. I know I need to start exercising more as well.

My perfectionist is coming out for sure. I keep telling myself it's only been 3 weeks but feel like I should have it all down, be running marathons, lifting weights, eating perfectly etc. In reality......I'm kind of in a funk.

Tomorrow starts the pureed stage.....trying to find some things to eat. Any suggestions? I can't remember if I can have some fruit or not....like peaches, strawberries? Chese melted?

Fawnb27, that sounds just like me. I was sleeved by Dr. Svendson in October 2013 and live in the north metro. Would be great to have someone to talk to and compare notes.

When I got to puree stage I made my shakes. fruit vanilla Protein Powder and Greek yogurt. Add milk to thin it... Our ice. Blend it up... Yum.. Also Jello worth Protein powder in the cold Water. Sf pudding with powder. Homemade Soups too. Protein can be added.

When I got to puree stage I made my shakes. fruit vanilla Protein powder and Greek yogurt. Add milk to thin it... Our ice. Blend it up... Yum.. Also Jello worth protein powder in the cold Water. Sf pudding with powder. Homemade Soups too. Protein can be added.

Dear fellow Minnesotans I am from the frozen tundra of northern Minnesota also. I was so glad to find you all on line. I hope to be approved for surgery in October. I have a question: I am using Target's "Pure Protein" powder. Is there a brand that really tastes pretty good. Does the taste improve with cost or is more money just a waste of money? I get 21 grams of Protein and 180 calories for around $18.00. But I'd spring for the expensive stuff if I really thought it would be better. I'm a recent widow and on a tight budget. Thanks for being here. Morningsunbay

I usually drink Premier Protein ready to drink from costco but I started on EAS lean from Target. I still use the powder in baking and like the taste.

I like the Premier Protein as well but for powder, my favorite so far is the Syntrax Nectar chocolate Truffle. It's not quite as thick tasting as the Premier ones. What I did was order samples from a variety of places so that I knew what I liked before buying a tub. The tub works out to about a $1 a shake. I'd wait until after your surgery before stocking up too much, though, as lots of people report that their tastes changed so you might not still like what you do now.

Dear fellow Minnesotans I am from the frozen tundra of northern Minnesota also. I was so glad to find you all on line. I hope to be approved for surgery in October. I have a question: I am using Target's "Pure Protein" powder. Is there a brand that really tastes pretty good. Does the taste improve with cost or is more money just a waste of money? I get 21 grams of Protein and 180 calories for around $18.00. But I'd spring for the expensive stuff if I really thought it would be better. I'm a recent widow and on a tight budget. Thanks for being here. Morningsunbay

Hi, price has nothing to do with it. I used SMART brand and got it at complete nutrition. They let you try them before you buy them. I say that I used, because since I had the surgery my stomach does not tolerate the protein powders or Protein Drinks. Milk is about the only Protein Drink that does my stomach no harm.

No... Not in my opinion.... Sorry

I mix it up between Body Fortress chocolate Peanut Butter (30 grams of Protein per scoop) and Matrix mint cookie (my all time favorite). Body Fortress is about 17.99 online and at Walmart....Matrix is a tad more expensive.

I am just plain upset. All the people I have been working with are ready to recommend me for surgery EXCEPT my shrink I'm hiring to help me through it. She could blow this for me. We are going to have a serious talk next week when I see her. She has seen me 6 hours of my total life and she thinks she knows me. But she has never walked a mile in my shoes and has no idea what I have gone through. I know, you think if she doesn't support me I shouldn't have the surgery. But that is not the case. I am ready, willing, and able. She and I have just had a miss communication somewhere along the path. I hope to fix it. I was shocked when she said she didn't support me. And it's time for her to write her report. Crumb!

Frustrated in Minnesota

Did you pick her? Does she have bariatric experience? What reasons has she given for not wanting to approve you? Maybe you could speak with so done else?

I am having my final appointment with the physiologist on Thursday and I hope it all goes well if it does should get my surgery date hoping for October any one having or had surgery at unity hospital in Fridley