Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

Well if your psychologist doesn't end up supporting you there's always Mexico. I cannot say enough good things about my experience there two weeks ago. Excellent surgeon and surgical team, awesome medical staff, really nice hospital (small but very clean and efficient). $4500 for the entire experience, including 3 nights in a luxurious room at the Tijuana Marriott. only other thing I paid for was $258 sun country flight into San Diego, where I was picked up by hospital staff and taken over the border with no issues...not a single issue coming back either. Drivers for the hospital can use a special lane reserved for medical vehicles. The entire experience was wonderful and I would genuinely recommend this route to anyone!

Hello Everyone,

Did you know that there is a chapter group that can be found at:

MN - Minneapolis/St.Paul

in USA BariatricPal Local Chapters
Started by GardenLady, June 04, 2014

We are meeting this Saturday at the Perkins in Fridley because that is a fairly central location to the metro area at large.

We're meeting at 10am under the name "B Pal".

We are trying to meet monthly at various locations, but have only managed to have our last meeting at the Olive Garden in Maple Grove in July.

Hope one or all of you an join us. Shoot me a note if you think you'd like to come...just so I get a big enough table.

My name is Marybeth Reed.

I can be called or texted at 651-231-2465 or emailed at mbrinmn@gmail.com

Would love to meet you and hear about your success!

Did anyone join the BariatricPal Chapter for Minneapolis/St. Paul? It also includes outlying areas like Redwingers, Hudsonites, and northerners.

Just trying to get all this Minnesota support under one roof so we can all benefit from the support.

MN - Minneapolis/St.Paul

If anyone is interested, having an informal little get-together on Friday, 10:00 a.m., at the Starbucks in the Mall of America. I know a lot of people work that day, or might be too far out of the metro to join us, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I would love to meet up with new folks on this journey, however, Friday does not work out for me with work...bummer. I am sure there will be more upcoming events to meet you all, enjoy the Starbucks!

Hello! I am scheduled for surgery (just got the date) on November 10th and am in MN. Looking to connect with other MN folks that have or about to go through the same thing. Only a couple of days away from starting the liquid diet. Getting nervous about all aspects of it - will I get tired/crabby/sick on the liquid diet? What sort of complications might happen? Just keep swirling and really having to tell myself to focus on one thing at a time, Anyone else in MN scheduled for Nov? Or recently had it?

Hi Darci! Welcome!

There are some of us that meet here and there once a month or so. We would welcome you whole heartedly! Linda had her surgery 2 days ago and should be going home today. She is in great spirits!

We have people who are a couple years out from surgery to pr surgery

We would love to meet you. Where in the city are you from?

Just an FYI...I have a really hard time trying to post on this site, not sure why, but you can always message me. I am always up to meeting new people and I will always help if I can. ;)

Thanks Fawn for coming up to the hospital and for all the goodies I will put them to good use. Well I am finally home. Doctor said it was a blood clot in my stomach but feeling much better today. Wasn't as bad as I thought not really sore and did not get sick. Today I finally get broth and Jello after just being on Water for 3 days.

I'm at Abbott Northwestern. I didn't know they did the surgery at Methodist - I work not too far from there at all in Eden Prairie.

Hi Darci! Welcome! There are some of us that meet here and there once a month or so. We would welcome you whole heartedly! Linda had her surgery 2 days ago and should be going home today. She is in great spirits! We have people who are a couple years out from surgery to pr surgery We would love to meet you. Where in the city are you from?

Hi Fawn, I'm in South Saint Paul. That would be so wonderful to meet up with others who have done or are going through this journey. This website has been a lifesaver as I get closer and closer. Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

Did you know that there is a chapter group that can be found at:

MN - Minneapolis/St.Paul

We are meeting this Saturday at the Perkins in Fridley because that is a fairly central location to the metro area at large.

We're meeting at 10am under the name "B Pal".

We are trying to meet monthly at various locations, but have only managed to have our last meeting at the Olive Garden in Maple Grove in July.

Hope one or all of you an join us. Shoot me a note if you think you'd like to come...just so I get a big enough table.

My name is Marybeth Reed.

I can be called or texted at 651-231-2465 or emailed at mbrinmn@gmail.com

Would love to meet you and hear about your success!

Hello MBrinMN - is this group still going on and still meeting? I am right in the cities but I don't mind venturing to the suburbs now and then. Would love to meet others. I am now on my liquid diet and surgery is November 10th - creeping up fast, getting nervous!

Hey there,

My primary care doc recommended a sleeve gastrectomy, so I've started the paperwork and research. I'm in the Twin Cities. Does anyone have advice on how to narrow down the list of surgeons?

Thanks!