Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

Who was your surgeon and how did it go?

Dr Laguna and you. I was sleeved 3/6/14 recovery is not much fun really board

I would love to get a support group going and a exercise group at the y

I am in the final stages of getting preapproved for the gastric sleeve. I work any Edina and live in New Hope. I am a member at the Y and would love to have a workout partner.

Where are you having surgery

Lori: I am also going to PN Methodist Meadowbrooke and live in Burnsville :-) I have healthpartners/park nicollet insurance. I have had all of my testing done and am now just waiting for my last 2 phone consultations with Healthpartners (they require 5 phone calls 2 weeks apart) This is what has been holding up submission to insurance for approval. If all goes well I will have that completed by first week in April. I haven't met with surgeon yet....I think that's the last step before paperwork goes in for approval. Hoping that will come soon after. If all goes well I am looking or should I say hoping that I can get a mid May surgery date.

I asked Donna at Southdale for other support groups in the twin cities and she gave me a list. There are two places near my neighborhood and even a call in support group when you can't make a meeting. Maybe find people in your hood that way.

Rome, I have HealthPatrners as well and everything goes fast once you complete the calls. Approval comes immediately after the last call. You are near right about having surgery by mid May. Good luck!

Good to know! I'm ready and waiting!

I would love to have some workout buddies and create a support group. I am also a member of the Y. I was going with a friend (not a wls person), but she was able to get a better deal at a gym through her work. I would be game for meeting up to support one another and work out :-)

I am looking for the same thing. I would love to have a person that is going through the same process as me. Where are you located. I go to the y in Burnsville?

I am looking for the same thing. I would love to have a person that is going through the same process as me. Where are you located. I go to the y in Burnsville?

I live in Burnsville, so I usually go to the Burnsville Y. I work in Minneapolis, so I've been to a few others too. I haven't been in a few weeks because I had gallbladder issues that made me really sick. Now I'm recovering from having it removed.

I live in Eagan and go to the Eagan Y. I am also in the final stages of approval for surgery. Hope to get the ok to see the Surgeon next month after seeing the dietician. I am going to Southdale for surgery and will have Dr. Laguna also. I will be attending the southdale support group this Wed night. Scared but need the extra support.

I live in Eagan and go to the Eagan Y. I am also in the final stages of approval for surgery. Hope to get the ok to see the Surgeon next month after seeing the dietician. I am going to Southdale for surgery and will have Dr. Laguna also. I will be attending the southdale support group this Wed night. Scared but need the extra support.

Eagan is really close. If you guys wanna meet up for coffee or something, I would be game :-) we are all at different stages, but can still totally support each other.