Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

Sleeved July 29th by Dr. Rupp at united hospital. Was home by Tuesday evening and working on getting my liquids in!

Anyone else with Rupp recently?

Almost! I had initially intended to choose him, but something happened with his seminar and it got cancelled, so there wouldn't be another one until a month or so later. I was too impatient because I knew I'd be waiting six months already as it was, so I went to the first available seminar for St. Paul Surgeons and it happened to be Dr. Kelly. I knew about ten minutes after he started talking that it must have been fate, cause I can't imagine a better fit for me. I got sleeved on July 24th at United and went home the next day. I'm having serious troubles with getting my liquids in right now though!

Minnesotan who just received recommendation for sleeve. I have finished the day long educational, labs, met my surgeon, and have my second nutrition appointment this week. I thought about the band but it seems like the sleeve is more of a natural choice for me.

Minnesotan who just received recommendation for sleeve. I have finished the day long educational' date=' labs, met my surgeon, and have my second nutrition appointment this week. I thought about the band but it seems like the sleeve is more of a natural choice for me.[/quote']

I have the sleeve, it's the best thing I have ever done!

Minnesotan who just received recommendation for sleeve. I have finished the day long educational, labs, met my surgeon, and have my second nutrition appointment this week. I thought about the band but it seems like the sleeve is more of a natural choice for me.

I too went in thinking band instead. I did not know about vertical Sleeve and when they explained it at my initial meeting it took me just a day or so to change my mind. I was sleeved 7/30 so am fairly new but I am liking it so far. For the results I needed and wanted the sleeve was a much better choice for me. Best of luck to you!

I go next week to Park Nicolet for my first 4 appts! Super excited too. They were booked a month out.

I see another poster also went there. How was their process?

I'm in the twin cities btw.

I go next week to Park Nicolet for my first 4 appts! Super excited too. They were booked a month out.

I see another poster also went there. How was their process?

I'm in the twin cities btw.

I went to Park Nic. I have been very happy with the program. The appts may vary some depending on you insurance but it took me about 3 months to get through. I had to go for the sleep study so it would have gone quicker if I didn't have to do that. Let me know how the appts go.

Next week can't get here fast enough! According to my ins., I qualify alone with just my BMI of 42%. I am really hoping that the process goes fairly fast. I'm thinking that with the following done all next week that it just may..labs, psyh eval, bariatric nurse clinician, and then bariatric doctor. All in a 4 hour chunk.

The nurse at the info meeting said nearly everyone has to do a sleep study, was that booked out pretty far?

Thanks for responding! I'm obviously excited but also trying to keep a realistic set of expectations about this whole thing!

:)

I'm excited for you! The sleep study gets scheduled quickly. I think they bump you up since its part of the bariatric program. What slowed me up is if you do have signs of apnea and get a Cpap of Apap machine you need 3-4 weeks of data and then you meet to go over that. Overall though, even with the sleep stuff, it still seemed to go quickly. If you don't need the study you'll zip through pretty quickly. Let me know how it goes next week. Yea, so excited to have another sleeve buddy.

Seems like I've been waiting forever for tomorrow. But it's here and I see the pshyc, Dorothy, and Dr Memattia.

I'm getting nervous now! Will update after I get home tomorrow afternoon!

Blood work back says I have hpilori infection, two weeks of antibiotics should clear it up. Ick! No wonder I have heartburn! I have my third nutrition appointment in a week, scheduling my psychological exam, but nothing seems to be coming forth from docs office regarding requirements. I wonder when they send to get approval from insurance? Any idea?

Blood work back says I have hpilori infection' date=' two weeks of antibiotics should clear it up. Ick! No wonder I have heartburn! I have my third nutrition appointment in a week, scheduling my psychological exam, but nothing seems to be coming forth from docs office regarding requirements. I wonder when they send to get approval from insurance? Any idea?[/quote']

They usually do no send it in until you get all the requirement stuff done! Then it's another waiting game. Insurance has like a month to get it approved.

7 vials of blood given, passed the psyc eval, and saw both the nurse clinician and dr.

The nurse smiled and said, "your half way through!".

I see the physical therapist, nut, and dr next time and then they submit to ins.

I'm very grateful to have an ins company that has very few requirements for this.

It's real now!

Almost there! I saw you met with Dorothy. I have had her too, liked her. She is very straight to the point and helpful. I go back Friday for my 1 month follow up but I'm not scheduled with her this time.

So you don't stay with the same nurse clinician then through out the process?

How are you doing post op? Did they give you a pain pump in the hospital? I'm nervous about that part.

I had Dorothy for my other visits and I'm sure you could ask to stay with her with her when you schedule.

I'm doing well. I struggle some with eating. I just have no desire and nothing sounds good. Otherwise I'm doing great. I did not have a pain pump at the hospital. They have meds via IV and the later started me on liquid oxycodone. I was lucky and had minimal pain. I had some nausea but minimal pain. I'm sure you'll do great.