Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

I live in Carver which isn't far from Bloomington and I'm New Hope almost every weekend at my boyfriends house. I would totally be up for meeting up with people for supporting each other. I have also been doing a lot of 5ks. They are fun. If anyone wants to do them or join a team to do one. You can join my team. I never was able to run and now I can run and keep going. Coming up I'm doing the goldy's run (as long as it's not freezing) runordye, hot chocolate run, the color run. A 5K is 3.1 mile run. I usually try to stick to the fun ones. If you any of you want to do one we could try and train together.

I see that a few of you went to Meadowbrook Park Nicollet Methodist and had Dr. Jones for a surgeon. A couple of questions:

I am wondering about the sleep study. I did it and was found to have sleep apnea. I've been trying to adjust to the mask and have been having trouble using it nighly. If any of you were diagnosed with this how many hours or days did you have to show use of the machine in order to be cleared for surgery? I have an appointment on March 31st and then last appt. with Healthpartners APril 4th.....getting close!

Dr. Jones....what does he require for a pre-op diet if anything?

Thanks!

I don't have Dr. Jones but I have Dr. Svendson... I also have health partners and had my approval in 2 business days!

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea over a year ago and absolutely hate wearing the mask and rip it off when I'm sleeping. They require you wear your mask a minimum of 4 hours a night but for me I can barely get past 2 and my surgeon still gave the ok. I'm not sure tho if it makes a difference that I was diagnosed before I even started this journey and have been struggling with it for a year.

I'm required to do a 10 day pre op diet but started at 2 weeks before so my body could adjust to the lack of food and then I can cheat a little with half a cup of greek yogurt if I'm absolutely starving.

My surgery date is the 7th and at first it seemed so far away and now I feel like I can't get it to slow down!

Edited by chrissy112

I live in the Northern suburbs of the twin cities and had Dr. Svendson as my surgeon. I also have healthpartners and all they required was 2 weeks worth of use. I'd been diagnosed with sleep apnea a year before so I didn't need to redo the study. I don't have much of a problem using my mask I just don't like to. After surgery I haven't used it since.

I see that a few of you went to Meadowbrook Park Nicollet Methodist and had Dr. Jones for a surgeon. A couple of questions: I am wondering about the sleep study. I did it and was found to have sleep apnea. I've been trying to adjust to the mask and have been having trouble using it nighly. If any of you were diagnosed with this how many hours or days did you have to show use of the machine in order to be cleared for surgery? I have an appointment on March 31st and then last appt. with Healthpartners APril 4th.....getting close! Dr. Jones....what does he require for a pre-op diet if anything? Thanks!

I can't answer the sleep apnea question.

I have to remember back, but I think the preop diet was 10 days Protein Drinks. They go through it all with you very thoroughly! It's also in the binder they give you :-)

Found out at my sleep study appointment that I have to have 2 weeks of 4 or more hours a night. I was only at 8 days so have to go back next Wednesday. By then I will have the right amount of days. I DISLIKE this mask BUT....I will wear it four hours even if I have to stay awake to do it ha!

I'll look in the binder again about the pre op diet.

Last Healthpartners call tomorrow and Psych appt. on Friday and I'm finished! Then off to insurance I go. Getting excited! I can see my new life right around the corner!

Hay Everyone,

I was wanting to see if I could get a group of people together. I am intrested in doing some group Physical training sessions. I have a Personal Trainer that is willing to help get us on a exersice program that will have us seeing results. I know that he is good and he is willing to give us a good deal!!! Please let me know if this is something that anyone is intrested in doing?

Thanks

<p>Hay Everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>I was wanting to see if I could get a group of people together. I am intrested in doing some group Physical training sessions. I have a Personal Trainer that is willing to help get us on a exersice program that will have us seeing results. I know that he is good and he is willing to give us a good deal!!! Please let me know if this is something that anyone is intrested in doing?</p> <p> </p> <p>Thanks</p>

I would be interested. Where do you live? I'm in Burnsville.

I live in bloomington. I am really wanting to become healthy with some people that live around me. I belong to the Y, what about you. When did you have surgery. I was 3/6/14

I am also wanting to org a support group. I would like to do it in Bloomington or Burnsville. Would anyone be intrested in attending a meet up group?

New me......I would be interested in support group and possibly workout. I live in Burnsville. Haven't been sleeved yet....hoping for mid May.

I would be interested in both the exercise and support group. That sounds fabulous! I also live in Burnsville and belong to the Y.

Edited by snochick2005

New me......I would be interested in support group and possibly workout. I live in Burnsville. Haven't been sleeved yet....hoping for mid May.

Have you heard back from insurance yet?

I was sleeved on 3/6/14. I have had a great experience but I know I need some support. What are you willing to pay for a personal trainer?

I was sleeved on 3/6/14. I have had a great experience but I know I need some support. What are you willing to pay for a personal trainer?

I was sleeved July 30, 2013. I've also had a great experience. I have excellent support from my family and these boards are great, but it would be nice to actually talk to someone who has been there. How much is the personal trainer? I can pay as long as it's not too expensive :-)