Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 30th is the day! Who is with me?

Hey everyone! I'm still on soft/purred as well. Tried Peanut Butter yesterday and I'm still suffering the effects :( wont be doing that again anytime soon. Sticking to my Protein Shakes, babybel's, cottage cheese, applesauce and egg salad.< /p>

I'm back at work this week full days. The biggest concern is drinking fluids and 70-80 grams of Protein. Really struggling, barely getting 56 grams. For dinner I had 2tps. cream potatoes 2tps. meatloaf could eat it all. Great taste.

Its good to hear updates. I am doing pretty good. I went back to work today and am kind of soar. I've had to take Tylenol 3 times today and I was down to once a day and sometimes not at all. I have a desk job so certainly don't overdo anything so not sure why the pain was up today. I did get sick after eating tonight. I think it was because I ate too fast. Overall though I can't complain, I am feeling pretty ok. 3 weeks down! Great job everyone!

I'm feeling fine. Back to work full time (started back on day 6) and only one day of struggles when I just went home and slept all day. No nausea, no pain, no discomfort, unless I take OBTM (one bite too many). I've eaten out several times now and thoroughly enjoyed the broth, some chicken bites, and some very soft avocado in a lovely cup of chicken tortilla Soup. I avoided the tortillas, rice, corn, etc. but got all the flavor in just by what I did take in. Although I'm not having trouble getting my Protein or Water in, I am losing slower than I expected. But then again...today is only the end of week 3. Still have high hopes for some good 1 month measures soon. Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing relatively well!

Hi everyone. Good to hear and compare how everyone is doing. This is my second week back full-time at work. Last week I was really tired after work, but seems a little better today. I am still on full liquids through tomorrow. Get to start trying soft foods for three weeks on Wednesday. I am a little nervous to see how that goes. I have not thrown up at all and hate that feeling. I really want to avoid doing that. I think I will still have to be doing a couple of Protein Shakes a day to get in my Protein grams. The dr said my energy should go up some once I start eating some more regular food. The weight is coming off slowly. Thirteen pounds since surgery and twenty total. I am pleased with that. I'll send a little report once I start on soft foods. Hoping to start the treadmill soon when my energy is up. Happy three weeks to all. Was good to hear from everyone!!!!

I'm feeling great. I have never really had a problem with drinking or eating. Now that I'm eating more solid meals, I am struggling a bit with drinking enough because of the timing issues though. I would say my energy level is at least what it was pre-surgery, maybe a bit better. I'm a stay-at home mom and have been performing all my regular household duties since the second half of the first week probably. Hubby and I painted our living room last weekend. I had been doing a step aerobics video before surgery and I started back to that a week ago. I was doing warm up, beginner's, intermediate, and cool down prior to surgery. I haven't tried the intermediate section yet, but I'll probably add it next week.

I am not losing as fast as I think I should be though. I lost 12 pounds the first week, and about 4 in the two weeks since. I don't know if I'm eating too much or not enough. My calories are between 550-650. My Protein is supposed to be 55%, but is usually around 45%, 60-70 grams. I typically have one Protein Shake a day and get the rest from food. I'm already pretty sick of the shakes. I'm ordering myself a big tub of Syntrax Nectars Cappucino flavor though. I think I could have that every day and not get sick of it. Anyone have thoughts on what I should do differently?

I stopped checking the scale because I was making myself nuts. I lost 20 pounds last I checked, which thrills me to no end. I wish I could get some more food in, though. I feel like I won't really start to lose until my body realizes that I'm not starving. I ate a whole yogurt in one sitting today, but I feel like yogurt and pudding just slides right down. I tried to eat a scrambled egg with cottage cheese tonight..got in maybe two bites before I felt like it was all lodged in my throat. I know this is temporary and my stomach is still swollen. When you all eat, do you feel like it is in your chest and throat? Frankly, it's kind of great to not be hungry. Man, I couldn't go five hours without a meal before...and my dog is totally digging eating my leftovers. She got almost a whole egg tonight. Score! :)

Barbie, can you have one more Protein Drink a day or maybe make a pudding or frozen treat with the Cappuccino mix? That would be an easy way to get your Protein grams in. Even if you only have half of a full serving of the protein, it's boosting your grams per day. I try to get 60 grams from two Premier Protein drinks a day since I can't eat much yet.

I get that same feeling when I drink/eat to fast. Ive decided to stop weighing myself. We got new scales and every time I weigh it's different. Last week it showed 25lb loss this week it's showing 20lb loss.

Hi my friends!! I was just thinking about you all. Time is definitely going by fast!

I'm doing pretty well I think. I'm walking 2 miles a night on my treadmill and seem to have good energy. I've been back to work since day 8 and I too enjoy not feeling hungry :) My full feeling is definitely in my chest. I seem to have a 5-6 oz limit. Water is difficult to time- I was way better at it before I started eating yogurt and Soups. Now I seem to spend a lot of time eating lol. I ate a bite of pureed steak with mashed potatoes tonight- oh my yummy!

Happy week 3- keep rockin that sleeve!

I wonder if any of the July 30 peeps would like to share on my fitness pal? If so, friend Taels2013. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I also was sleeved on 7/30! I'm new here, just made an account today! Even before signing up I would browse around and it's very informative. At my 2 wk follow up appt I was down 28 lbs. Haven't weighed myself since but hey it's nice to know we can go through this new journey of ours together so add me. I'm still trying to figure it all out so can't do that yet lol

Hello,

I was sleeved on the 30th too. I lost 24.5 pounds two week post op. I've been stalled for a week. Looking for suggestions???

I am in my first stall as well. Trying to tell myself that this is normal. Just switched to soft foods and can eat a little more. Hope this doesn't last too long. I'm down twenty pounds total.

Hello,

I was sleeved on the 30th too. I lost 24.5 pounds two week post op. I've been stalled for a week. Looking for suggestions???

24.5 is really good! I hear the 3 week stall just is. Happens to all I hear