Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much time did you take off work?

6 days. But I have a desk job.

I am giving myself 3 weeks, just to be safe. I have a desk job, but I think that the full liquid diet I need to be on for 2 weeks is better managed from home, plus my work/short term disability is going to cover me 100% with job security! I would definitely check if that is something they can do for you, instead of using all your vacation for your recovery time.

I took off for 5 weeks. Didn't have any problems. Just took plenty of time to build up stamina, adjust to different food stages, work in daily walks and made other adjustments. Glad I did.

Hi!

I'm new so I apologize if you have already answered this question somewhere else :)

How much time did you take off before returning to work? I am hoping to return after a week and a half or so. Is that a reasonable expectation?

I had my surgery on a Tuesday and was back to work the following Tuesday!

My surgeon said 2 to 3 weeks depending on how things are going at the 1 week post op visit. I had hoped to be able to go back sooner but it looks like I might lose my job over this. I have a feeling I will appreciate the time off to adjust even if I do have to job hunt again.

I was sleeved June 17th and planned to return to work on July 15th. I have to process payments and sometimes have to lift mail trays and other stuff, though, so that played a HUGE part in my decision, even though I feel I could go back to work now, but on light duty only. These 4 walls are driving me crazy! LoL!

I had surgery on a Monday and felt fine to work again at my desk job by Wednesday or Thursday, but I was not allowed to drive until I had my 1 week post op appt to get the drain removed. 1 week was more than enough, especially since I did not need pain meds after leaving the hospital on Tuesday. But, every experience will be different!

Does everyone have to get a drain and do you go home with it in?

I didn't have a drain, but did have a pain pump (referred as qpain pump on here), which ended up falling out the day I left the hospital.

I'm planning to take 3 weeks off, the first to weeks to adjust and the other to vacation wtih family if all goes well.

I'm scheduled for Sept 25 - I'm really hoping that ill only need 1 week off. I have a desk job. I hope u have a speedy recovery when ur time comes!!!

I took two weeks off. Wish I had taken longer. My 12 hour shifts wore me out. I think working 8 hours is better. But I worked 2 twelves so far and I am working on Saturday. No two days in a row yet. Hopefully next week I will do better.

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited. You have all allayed my fears :)