Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You alive today???? Just wondering how your big night out went!

I'm alive!! So throughout the night I had about 8 shots of baileys & Midori (melon liquor) I was expecting to be way more effected then I was? I think it's a fairly soft alcohol ... So my cheap date idea didn't pan out hahaha .... I can't drink vodka & sprite (carbonation) I don't like beer & wine ... I'll see how I feel the next few days and try another kind of shot next time. You aren't supposed to drink because of stomach mucus still repairing itself (not sure what that does) ... So I'll just see how I feel the next few days before I venture out again - thanks for caring! x

WooHoo, you're alive! So glad to hear!

One drink became well enough for me more than that and then it's unreasonable drunk hard to see the limit early on

Had my first glass of moscato at 5-6 weeks, took me forever to finish it felt pretty tipsy with one. I tried alcohol again for my birthday a month later I had 2 crown and orange juice and I think because I sipped on it so slow I didn't feel anything at all didn't get tipsy or anything. I am now 4 months out and once in a while I'll have a sip of my husband's margarita or beer I never get a drink of my own I can never finish it and I really only need a little to feel good..... lol

Well I was 9 months out and I had a shot if tequila... I vomited within mins ..... Oh well !

That sucks. That would be my luck :-/

I went to this health food store at 3 weeks and I had a little dixie cup sample of what I thought was tea because it was in a tea infuser...turns out it was wine. I'm still alive. Drank the whole cup too.

When I asked my doctor about alcohol, he said, "I'd wait 2 or 3 weeks". I am over 3 weeks out and haven't had any wine yet, but I hope to for 4th of July. While I am not a lush, the past few weeks sure have made me recognize how much eating and drinking plays a role in social events. Because I chose not to tell anybody about this surgery, I pretty much have isolated myself for the past couple of weeks. I can not wait to rejoin the world where I can sip on a glass of wine and dine with my friends again! (In moderation) Cheers!

Last night I drank a whole glass of apple juice in about 20 min ... I don't seem to have a problem w the volume of liquids .. I find it very easy to drink ... I might have to learn to like wine! I hadn't eaten that much food (obviously) that day either. Before surgery if I'd eaten a decent sized dinner I couldn't get drunk - another reason I thought it would happen easier ...

My doctor says I have to wait 2 years before drinking again!! I think that is excessive and will more than likely be breaking that rule...

My surgeon didn't seem to think alcohol was a big deal after about a month, but my NUT's paperwork said to wait at least a year or year 1/2! Ummm... I'm gonna shoot for the holiday season later this year and see what happens!

How weird we have a range of a few weeks to a few years?!?! That's not consistent lol ... I sure it's not great to become a full on alcoholic after surgery but a few drinks here and there should be ok .. It's prob a lot to do w empty calories too ?