Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

regreting this whole thing

Context is everything' date=' CoreyCan. The OP here is one who has told people on this site that they look better in their before pictures than their after pictures and that kind of message sticks with people and does not encourage people to fall over themselves to support her as a consequence.

Janice is certainly free to post what she likes, as she did with her comment in her earlier thread about the before photos, just as Deez and others are free to post what they like. There is no requirement for support and also sometimes the harsh truth is support, sometimes blunt honesty is just what people need to knock them out of their denial and self destruct mode.[/quote']

First of all I didn't go around telling people that. ..I just prefer that. ..just as one prefers a blonde girl or a short girl...why is it so odd to have a preference. I just said I (wish I could caps I) like the way a lot of people look in before shots. I think people were beautiful before as they are after. I think its a shame that most don't.

@Deez - this is not how we deal with people. I understand what you are driving at, but she is human. Lets look over what we are writing before we post.

I know for sure if I post something and I get a response saying "stop posting" that person would never stop hearing it from me. Lets all play nice and support each other. If you feel someone is posting madness that you can't stand-do not reply. They will get the message.

I'm pretty sure maybe 10 posts out of my 650-so of them we re me being sad about the way I look. Or my opinions of my preferences how others look

Regardless, good luck n God Bless you Janice. Ik prayer works n u R sincerely in mine. That's all I can give nd I'm glad to do so. Gn

I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings by saying my preference. ..I hope no one was trying to date me so this shouldn't be an issue. That was what originally made me have doubts was looking at before and after pics. .. but I don't think I ever posted on a before and after thread that a specific person looked better before. ..I would never do that

Janice, Im sorry that you are having a crappy time esp since this is something you cant undo. Im also sorry that some of the people on here have been so unnecessarily rude to you about your feelings. I can understand what you are saying. I am pre- op but I have no desire to be skinny either, I want to be a healthy weight that I will feel comfortable at. I am 5"7' and my goal weight is 180. That is not based on my bmi, or my drs goals, that is just what i personally would like to achieve. Perhaps after I am sleeved and I get there I will reevaluate, but right now, at 292 that is a more than big enough goal. I havent looked at any of your pictures but I appreciate the value of curves, under all of these rolls I have accumulated I have an hour glass shape and although I am hoping the sleeve will help me be healthier, I cant pretend that I am not excited to take a look at it. I have lost 40 lbs so far on medifast preparing for my surgery date, and I have no idea why but a lot of that weight is coming from my butt and boobs. The weight loss has not resulted in me feeling better about my body, but worse. What used to be full and filled out is getting saggy and stretchy. I just tell myself that I have such a long way to go that I can work on tightening it up, and if not theres always mexico. I have nursed two kids for a year a piece so I know somebodies going to have to help me pull these boobs out of a coma when its all said and done, if this is only the first step in liking my body more than at least for once im walking in the right direction. I am also my own worst critic, try not to be too hard on yourself, it has taken me over two months to lose this 40 lbs and you have done it in 3 weeks. Just keep exercising and Im sure it will get better. If you are looking for something to do, I highly recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is intense and it will make 5 lbs feel like the biggest heaviest thing you have ever held in your life, I also think it really helps with tightening up. Try to give yourself some time to see if this is really something you regret, or just something that is really sucking right now, sometimes when your in the middle of it they both look the same.

Regardless of her previous posts, if you're concerned for her well being a private message would've been more appropriate.

It's okay to feel what you are feeling...you are not alone. I am sure many people feel the same, or similar, and some just would never admit it. Read the positive support; ignore the rude people. Hang in there. Give it time. Have patience. (I know - it is hard to do). It is summer - walk, walk, walk outside...it is serene & fresh air helps everybody! It is summer - try a new color to wear (and I agree with some posters above - Goodwill, thrift shops are good choices right now, if you don't want to invest alot of $ right now in clothes - I've bought brand new Lane Bryant stuff for a couple of bucks!)...try a bright color on your toes/nails...fix your hair differently...every day - say 3 good things to yourself about your body...focus on you. Khloe Kardashian does NOT wake up looking like Khloe Kardashian....I spent years at 5'10" at 150 lbs (perfect at that time with my age then) thinking I had to be 115-120 lbs like a model named Cindy Crawford...then, years later, I heard Cindy Crawford say this very thing about herself...best of luck to you!!

Invest in some nice-quality undies and new bras (get fitted). That will make a big difference. Buy the bras so they fit on the loosest hook and as you lose more and the bra stretches a bit, keep tightening it up. Get new ones as soon as those are too big. It makes such a difference in how your clothes fit and how you feel. A nice stretchy pair of undies (not necessarily Spanx or shapewear) helps too.

Invest in some nice-quality undies and new bras (get fitted). That will make a big difference. Buy the bras so they fit on the loosest hook and as you lose more and the bra stretches a bit' date=' keep tightening it up. Get new ones as soon as those are too big. It makes such a difference in how your clothes fit and how you feel. A nice stretchy pair of undies (not necessarily Spanx or shapewear) helps too.[/quote']

I'm waiting til monday to hit up the semi annual sale...its the last day so prices are super cheap. Its the measuring I'm worried about. Thank you.

It's okay to feel what you are feeling...you are not alone. I am sure many people feel the same' date=' or similar, and some just would never admit it. Read the positive support; ignore the rude people. Hang in there. Give it time. Have patience. (I know - it is hard to do). It is summer - walk, walk, walk outside...it is serene & fresh air helps everybody! It is summer - try a new color to wear (and I agree with some posters above - Goodwill, thrift shops are good choices right now, if you don't want to invest alot of right now in clothes - I've bought brand new Lane Bryant stuff for a couple of bucks!)...try a bright color on your toes/nails...fix your hair differently...every day - say 3 good things to yourself about your body...focus on you. Khloe Kardashian does NOT wake up looking like Khloe Kardashian....I spent years at 5'10" at 150 lbs (perfect at that time with my age then) thinking I had to be 115-120 lbs like a model named Cindy Crawford...then, years later, I heard Cindy Crawford say this very thing about herself...best of luck to you!![/quote']

Thank you so much

Janice' date=' Im sorry that you are having a crappy time esp since this is something you cant undo. Im also sorry that some of the people on here have been so unnecessarily rude to you about your feelings. I can understand what you are saying. I am pre- op but I have no desire to be skinny either, I want to be a healthy weight that I will feel comfortable at. I am 5"7' and my goal weight is 180. That is not based on my bmi, or my drs goals, that is just what i personally would like to achieve. Perhaps after I am sleeved and I get there I will reevaluate, but right now, at 292 that is a more than big enough goal. I havent looked at any of your pictures but I appreciate the value of curves, under all of these rolls I have accumulated I have an hour glass shape and although I am hoping the sleeve will help me be healthier, I cant pretend that I am not excited to take a look at it. I have lost 40 lbs so far on medifast preparing for my surgery date, and I have no idea why but a lot of that weight is coming from my butt and boobs. The weight loss has not resulted in me feeling better about my body, but worse. What used to be full and filled out is getting saggy and stretchy. I just tell myself that I have such a long way to go that I can work on tightening it up, and if not theres always mexico. I have nursed two kids for a year a piece so I know somebodies going to have to help me pull these boobs out of a coma when its all said and done, if this is only the first step in liking my body more than at least for once im walking in the right direction. I am also my own worst critic, try not to be too hard on yourself, it has taken me over two months to lose this 40 lbs and you have done it in 3 weeks. Just keep exercising and Im sure it will get better. If you are looking for something to do, I highly recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is intense and it will make 5 lbs feel like the biggest heaviest thing you have ever held in your life, I also think it really helps with tightening up. Try to give yourself some time to see if this is really something you regret, or just something that is really sucking right now, sometimes when your in the middle of it they both look the same.[/quote']

Thank you. I plan on saving for plastics. Is the Jillian Michaels thing something you buy online or is it on youtube or something. I have insanity and loved it pre surgery

Janice I got Jillian at Walmart for $10 I have been able to find it on youtube as well, all you need is that and some 3 or 5 lb weights. It is a series of 3 exercises, you are supposed to do each level for 10 days (I have never made it past level 2) I am a bit bigger than you so maybe that is why Jillian makes me feel like I am going to die/puke when I do it, but after my surgery it is going to be my go to work out (when i can lift more than 10 lbs) because she made everything start to tighten up and I could see the difference after 10 days max. If you did insanity it might be an easier version that you can handle while you have less energy. Also she has you squatting through most of the video so it will give you some help with that booty.

When I'm thin I look like a total boy. I'd rather be a curvy, girly girl but that's just not the way I was made. I think I'd rather be a healthy curveless wonder than an unhealthy curvy gal. That's just me :)