Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

regreting this whole thing

I lost 30lbs my first three weeks and now have stalled completely. Everyone who says they have stalled says they lose inches during their stall and I'm not. I have been going to the gym since one week out and hate every minute of it (note:I used to love to exercise). Nothing is fitting me right any more and I look like I don't take care of myself. Any suggestions? I dont have money to buy new clothes every month. I am also losing any confidence I might have because I am starting to look funny. I know I know health is the most important thing but so is mental health. I look like a fat pre pubescent boy. I mustve had 30lbs of curves because they are gone but the rest of my fat is there. And I had a thread similar to this but I mustve accidently unsubscribed and I cant find it. I know everyone says patience but I swear if when this is all through if I look like a man I wont be able to live...oh boy and I can't wait for my hair to start falling out. Upset. Sorry for the rant.

I remember a Pre surgery thread with you, you were saying that you liked your body and didn't want to be thin. You thought I was being judgmental by saying reconsider doing the surgery if you do not like the expected outcomes.

Please keep the faith, this is irreversible and I'm sure you will be pleased once the stall goes. I am 2 months 2 weeks out and have stalled twice for a total of 6 weeks.

Every little thing is going to be alright. I also lost my curves, but I can't wait to see what is to come.

About the clothes....try consignment shops or thrift stores, that is, if second-hand shopping suits you. I've found them to be helpful during this transiiton and rapid weight loss. Sometimes just a few "new" pieces can perk up a wardrobe and ones outlook on the day.

As for the stalls? Well, they end.

I said the same thing to you too!

(About reconsidering the surgery)

But it's done and you have gone through a lot in the last month. I want you to know that all of us went through some depressed times in the first month or so about many things. Be good to yourself and know that at the end of the day you did this for health.

Hello,

I had surgery on June 10th. I understand your feeling. It's hard when nothing fits right. I see this as a sign of progress. I am constantly looking forward to the day when I can go in a store and buy whatever I like to fit my body without having to worry about it being available in my size. My mom has the gastric bypass 9 years ago and my best friend had the sleeve last year. They both look great and says it is the best thing that has happened to them and don't regret a moment. Hang in there. If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

Don't give up! Trust that the weigh will start falling again! Your body is in shock and holding on to the weight for survival, I'm in the same boat right now. And yes you need to get some clothes to help with your confidence. Bag up a bunch of things that don't fit and take them to Savers and donate them. Savers will then give you a coupon for 20 to 30 percent off to go in and buy some gently used clothing. With prices from $3 to $10 per item, plus the discount coupon, you can buy a bag full of clothes for very little money. And your helping Big Brothers Big Sisters too. Hang in there, you are not alone

I remember a Pre surgery thread with you' date=' you were saying that you liked your body and didn't want to be thin. You thought I was being judgmental by saying reconsider doing the surgery if you do not like the expected outcomes.

Please keep the faith, this is irreversible and I'm sure you will be pleased once the stall goes. I am 2 months 2 weeks out and have stalled twice for a total of 6 weeks.

Every little thing is going to be alright. I also lost my curves, but I can't wait to see what is to come.[/quote']

I listened to everyone else who said health is more important than looks.

I am a little bit taller than you (5'11"), but started around the same weight. I had a really awkward body shape going on from 240 down to 220, but it's now starting to look a lot better. I am right at 5 months and am down to 204. Patience and perseverance!

(((Janice)))- you have been doing so well!! You got this & YOU know it!

I listened to everyone else who said health is more important than looks.

you need to listen to your self. Those people don't know you. But what's been done is done and you need to make the best of it. Maybe if you work hard your end result will be better then what you looked like before surgery?

I am a little bit taller than you (5'11")' date=' but started around the same weight. I had a really awkward body shape going on from 240 down to 220, but it's now starting to look a lot better. I am right at 5 months and am down to 204. Patience and perseverance![/quote']

OMG your tall! When we meet tonight I will be the short (still fat girl) in flats :D

It's normal to stall for a little while after losing an average of 10 lbs a week in 3 weeks. If you didn't, you would lose 100 lbs in 10 weeks, and that's basically impossible. It sounds like you could benefit from a support group and/or therapy to help you wrap your head around all of this--the good changes, what's seemingly holding you back from truly wanting success, the fears of what lies ahead, etc. You probably will lose some hair but it's not the end of the world and it doesn't last forever. I am losing mine now but it's a trade-off for good health.

OMG your tall! When we meet tonight I will be the short (still fat girl) in flats :D

Laura, I really don't think you can call yourself the still fat girl anymore--you are doing awesome!!!!

Our BMIs are almost the same, so I'll be the tall (still a bit fat and still over 200!) girl in flats (I don't wear heels ever!

My "thinspiration" is khloe kardashian because she probably weighs my goal weight but that's not gonna happen with my curves gone lol