Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought the Premier shakes from Sams Club that everybody raves about. They are pretty average tasting and 30 grams of Protein. Fairly inexpensive too compared to other shakes with higher amounts of protein. Muscle milk isn't bad but I'd watch the sugar on those. Last I checked it was fairly high in sugar and carbs.

Anyone started regular food ? I was supposed to start today, but dont even feel like it or a bit excited..anyone gone through this?

I was SO sick of sweet Protein Shakes I started experimenting with "real" food on week 3! So far I've had success with cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, veggie hamburger patties (lots of Protein in those), milk and cheerios and even Peanut Butter on toast! Small amounts of each like half a piece of toast, half the veggie patty, 1/4 c of egg and cottage cheese. NOT so successful: lobster bisque, gelato and a few bites of some particularly rich appetizers! I had 4 sips of wine on my birthday yesterday and did ok. I listen carefully to what my sleeve is saying, if she says stop...I stop! (Mostly because I learned the hard way on the gelato!)

I have also been experimenting. I have had hard boiled eggs, Soups with chunks, non-pureed meat, saltines, melon and a few other items. I have been struggling with eating, no desire, nothing tastes good, so I really just needed to find stuff to eat. Thinner1Day said it best, listen to your sleeve. I find that I stop as soon as I start to feel full or uncomfortable. Also, eat slow! I had one incident that made me think about that more when eating. :huh:

Please say Yes!!! Can we drink muscle milk Protein shakes. I drunk this shake with no problem :) first since surgery!!

I had one today yummy!

I was SO sick of sweet Protein shakes I started experimenting with "real" food on week 3! So far I've had success with cottage cheese' date=' scrambled eggs, veggie hamburger patties (lots of Protein in those), milk and cheerios and even Peanut Butter on toast! Small amounts of each like half a piece of toast, half the veggie patty, 1/4 c of egg and cottage cheese. NOT so successful: lobster bisque, gelato and a few bites of some particularly rich appetizers! I had 4 sips of wine on my birthday yesterday and did ok. I listen carefully to what my sleeve is saying, if she says stop...I stop! (Mostly because I learned the hard way on the gelato!)[/quote']

Thanks for the tips..I tried some bread products..just.want to get things moving if you know what I mean!! Cheerios might work:)

I was SO sick of sweet Protein Shakes I started experimenting with "real" food on week 3! So far I've had success with cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, veggie hamburger patties (lots of Protein in those), milk and cheerios and even Peanut Butter on toast! Small amounts of each like half a piece of toast, half the veggie patty, 1/4 c of egg and cottage cheese. NOT so successful: lobster bisque, gelato and a few bites of some particularly rich appetizers! I had 4 sips of wine on my birthday yesterday and did ok. I listen carefully to what my sleeve is saying, if she says stop...I stop! (Mostly because I learned the hard way on the gelato!)

OMG same thing happened to me with gelato! I ate maybe 1/4 of a cup and was SOOOO sick to my stomach. I puked big time, my heart was racing out of my chest, I was dizzy. They don't lie about dumping, it is a scary thing! It was a blessing in disguise though cause I haven't touch gelato since. lol.

I'm not really supposed to start solids for another week but I started experimenting after week 3 with small things but now I'm 5 wks out and am able to eat quite a variety of things but can't do sweets which is a blessing because sweets are my downfall. They make me physically ill now so I don't bother. I've tried a few pita chips w/ hummus and they were fine, Soups, eggs, corned beef hash, I tried a very small amount of Pasta with meat sauce and that was fine, beef doesn't sit too well, chicken is easy. It's a learning experience and I'm liking how full I feel. Before I could eat a ridiculous amount and never really feel satisfied. This sleeve was definitely the best decision I've made. I'm also down 42 lbs which I'm super happy about.

Did you all tell your NUTs and PA's about experimenting? I did today at my 4 week follow up and you would think I told the world about Fight Club (sorry movie reference: rule #1 do NOT talk about Fight Club)! I have been eating to high of carbs and we discussed it but they acted like I broke all 10 commandments on Easter Sunday. It was a little dramatic. And I haven't had an issue with anything I have tried (haven't tried gelato lol) so if I have beenfine what is the big deal? I have been careful and listened to my sleeve. I never feel uncomfortable or bloated or full even. Ugh!!! I get to "satisfied" like I could be done and I just stop.

Did you all tell your NUTs and PA's about experimenting? I did today at my 4 week follow up and you would think I told the world about Fight Club (sorry movie reference: rule #1 do NOT talk about Fight Club)! I have been eating to high of carbs and we discussed it but they acted like I broke all 10 commandments on Easter Sunday. It was a little dramatic. And I haven't had an issue with anything I have tried (haven't tried gelato lol) so if I have beenfine what is the big deal? I have been careful and listened to my sleeve. I never feel uncomfortable or bloated or full even. Ugh!!! I get to "satisfied" like I could be done and I just stop.

I havent told my NUT yet but I'm sure they'd react the same if they knew I started experimenting with solids at week 3 lol. I personally think I'm doing fine and I feel I can handle solids. I make good food choices and never go overboard and the weight is now falling off quickly. I haven't tried bread and that's probably the only thing I'm scared since I reacted so poorly to a very very little amount of brown rice. I think I'll wait for the 6 month mark for that.

I meet with my nut on Friday. I'll have to go in with my armor on.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but this makes me want to cry!! I do not cheat, I am not eating over 800 calories a day, I get in all my Protein, I stay as far away from carbs as I can and fat is the devil!! But yet I'm only down now 31 lbs!!! I was down 38 lbs but it went up and now I've stopped loosing completely! I was 333 lbs day of surgery and was told people over 300 lbs loose really fast the first 3-6 months, evidently not me! I have no clue what to do, I can't even eat 3 oz at any meal time! I I have to repeat I never cheat and this is just horrible!

My surgery date was July 13, 2013

As of September 13th it will be two months!!! I should be down 60 lbs by then but it sure doesn't look good!

What's my point of all this your probably asking?? Well it really upsets me severely when I read about people eating slider foods, and high carb foods and complaining about their NUT going crazy! See there's a reason, you must learn to eat differently in order for this to work!! You MUST change your lifestyle and eating habits FOREVER!! If not you will end up like the lady that goes to church with my aunt... All weight gained back plus some!! Yep it can happen, she started gaining it back within a year of her surgery!! PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU EAT!! I mean some people may not care but if not why have the surgery to begin with??

I paid for my surgery completely 100% out of my pocket and I'm certainly not rich, really I couldn't afford it but I needed this for myself and my kids!!!

Anyway now that I've probably made everyone mad on here I guess I will apologize, I rally am only trying to help but yes I had to rant too! I guess what bothers me most is the fact that I was told I'd loose fast bc I needed to loose more and I took it literally! I was hoping to be down 100+ lbs before Christmas this year :( maybe something will turn around for me and I'll suddenly see the major loss I'm waiting for!

I think you're being a bit too judgy, IMO. Besides me and another girl who said that we gave into a weakness and tried gelato, got sick and learned our lesson, I don't see where anybody is talking about living off of Doritos and pizza and dropping weight like crazy. I re-read and most of us are making okay choices and losing weight. Not all of us are on a carb free diet either. Yes Protein does come first but some of us can have a limited amount of carbs if we can fit them in. My NUT may be annoyed that I started experimenting with solids earlier than suggested but she would not be pissed off if she found out I indulged in 3 pita chips and hummus (which is a HEALTHY choice) after fulfilling my protein requirements for the day. Carbs are NOT a horrible thing and maybe that is your problem and why you aren't losing weight. I'm not a NUT but I've done enough research to know that when your body get's used to a certain kind of diet sometimes you need to switch it up to reset your system. I stalled at 3 weeks and the week that I started to switch up my diet a bit early and try more solids and healthy carbs, I started dropping like nuts. I'd talk to your NUT instead of being so bitter towards people that are having more success than you at this stage. Also, not everybody loses the same. Some people are SLOW losers. Your doc and NUT should've told you this, mine sure did. They made sure that we knew that some of us may be slow losers and that it is OKAY as long as you stick to plan and work out. This isn't a pissing contest, it's a support board. Perhaps counseling would help you get through this tough time because it sure sounds like you may need some. And by the way, fat is NOT the devil. You need certain amounts of fat in your diet to lose weight and keep healthy.

I was told carbs and fat are bad by my dr! I have a list of foods that I should always avoid, crackers, Pasta and several other items people are talking about eating are all on the No list.. Maybe my dr has a different diet but I've even read it online about these foods. I'm not bitter toward people who are loosing weight, I've never been bitter in my life. I don't have a NUT I talk to my Dr who preformed my surgery, I usually talk to him twice a week. I was told that I should be able to drop weight pretty fast, I guess my dr has high expectations of his patients.

I don't need to go to counseling, I deal with that on a daily basis considering that is my profession. I am a child psychologist and I know all about human behavior lol

I'm not trying to win a pissing contest, I'm trying to help people understand why the nut or dr would get upset with them, I was told not to eat those things, I've asked many questions and my dr has answered them all! The last email I sent him he said I've lost a lot in such little time, I don't agree but maybe I'm expecting too much from myself. I workout everyday for an hour total, usually two 30 min sessions. I use a treadmill, Elliptical, bowflex, total gym and free weights. Yes I'm a tad irritated that I'm busting my guts doing everything right plus some and yet I see people complaining about their dr or nut getting upset with them.. And I just noticed some of what I'm referring to is on another July 2013 sleevers post not just this one, there are three different ones labeled almost or exactly the same.

And I did Apologize in my previous post!!