Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Huge difference new mommy! You look amazing.

Thank you so much! So happy with this change!

I can definitely see a change in your face and body! Your meals sound delish!

Anything sounds good right now, I'm on day 9 of my pre op diet!!

I can definitely see a change in your face and body! Your meals sound delish!

Anything sounds good right now' date=' I'm on day 9 of my pre op diet!![/quote']

Thank you! I feel so much better. But, I have a long way to go.

Hey guys!

I had my 6 week check-up today. I was cleared to eat anything I want. That is very exciting but very scary at the same time. I know that it will be a challenge to stay on track. I can see why people gain their weight back or don't lose weight. You have to be in the right frame of mind to do this. It would be easy to eat ice cream, chips, Cookies, junk etc...

I am in it to win it! :)

Funny- when I was cleared for all foods, it never occurred to me that he meant Cookies and ice cream. I thought he meant veggies and different types of Protein. I want to be cleared for chips & dips. When does that happen?

Ann

Funny- when I was cleared for all foods' date=' it never occurred to me that he meant Cookies and ice cream. I thought he meant veggies and different types of Protein. I want to be cleared for chips & dips. When does that happen?

Ann[/quote']

Lol I could care less about eating cookies, chips, any junk it just makes me think that I could have that stuff I wanted. She said my stomach is 100% healed therefore I can eat anything. That is what scares me!!! So, I'm guessing at six weeks we can have chips and dip if we want it!! Lol I would think that if you had four chips and some guacamole you would be okay.

Traveling :)

Feel amazing. It's awesome to not feel the urge to snack the entire trip.

I just found all you guys.. and I can't stop reading..

I am on day 6.. (wow! didn't realize.. haha..) so I'm right in the middle of the pains from the gas, left side, back pains and nausea..

Makes me so happy to read you're traveling and starting to live a new life.. :-)

I am on day 6.. (wow! didn't realize.. haha..) so I'm right in the middle of the pains from the gas' date=' left side, back pains and nausea..

Makes me so happy to read you're traveling and starting to live a new life.. :-)[/quote']

I was good to go by week 3. I feel completely normal as I did before. The only difference is I cannot eat as much. I'm 7 weeks.

That's great to hear.. and exactly what Im looking forward to.. :-)

What's it like going out with friends to eat? Or for a family meal or something..?

That's great to hear.. and exactly what Im looking forward to.. :-)

What's it like going out with friends to eat? Or for a family meal or something..?

I have zero problems going out. There is always something I can eat. The other night I ordered a side salad and grilled chicken. Some people say their doctor doesn't allow salad. I was told at my 6 week appt that I can anything I want.

I will ordered a cup of chili, sandwich and eat the meat, cheese, veggies.

Get a taco and eat the I inside.

You will find people judge on here and tell people to eat only at home. I didn't do this surgery to be a recluse. I eat healthy but enjoy my family.

I'm off all medications for blood pressure.

203 to 160

Size 20 to 12/14 depending on store. I'm short :) 5'1

I was 325 on April 29th, the day of my surgery. Its now August 5th which is just over 3 months and i now weigh 215. I'm writing this message live from the gym... I feel amazing and it's like I was given a whole new life. It really was tough at first and it became an obsession looking At the scale, but if you follow the diet properly, if you respect the rules and get over the "mental" hungers , than its really simple. About 1 month after surgery I started back in the gym and I basically live in there. Remember that everyone's body is different and you only get what you put in. So anyone struggling with it at the beginning just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel....

post-57104-13813668575455_thumb.jpg

post-57104-13813668576073_thumb.jpg

post-57104-13813668576724_thumb.jpg

I am on day 6.. (wow! didn't realize.. haha..) so I'm right in the middle of the pains from the gas' date=' left side, back pains and nausea..

Makes me so happy to read you're traveling andustarting to live a new life.. :-)[/quote']

Try using a heating pad on gas spots and ask your doc for a prescription for the nausea. No need to be in pain if there is a way to feel better! ;)

I was 325 on April 29th' date=' the day of my surgery. Its now August 5th which is just over 3 months and i now weigh 215. I'm writing this message live from the gym... I feel amazing and it's like I was given a whole new life. It really was tough at first and it became an obsession looking At the scale, but if you follow the diet properly, if you respect the rules and get over the "mental" hungers , than its really simple. About 1 month after surgery I started back in the gym and I basically live in there. Remember that everyone's body is different and you only get what you put in. So anyone struggling with it at the beginning just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel....[/quote']

That's AMAZING!!!! in such a short time...

Thanks.. it gives hope that soon everything will be very different..

What else has it changed in your life? Anything you weren't expecting?