Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Five months out, down ~80 lbs, but getting dizzy...

Anyone get dizzy / lightheaded from time to time? I haven't kept track of my daily intake, although I do make sure I get 80mg Protein...

-Alan

I've heard about this a bit, both times were from men actually. Hopefully they'll chime in

I was almost blacking out. Potassium supplement seems to be helping.

I got a dizzy spell once. I woke up and got out of bed and felt like the room was spinning so fast, I could barely stand. I laid back down and it went away in about 15 minutes. It hasnt happened since, and I'm hoping it never happens again. It was horrible!

I have had them too. Yesterday was a really bad day for them. I took blood pressure and all was good. I get in all my Protein and vitamins- wondering if maybe dehydration. I worked all weekend shooting weddings (photog) and am sure I didn't stay hydrated enough for those.

I had dizzy spells too. I was always careful to drink enough Water, so it wasn't dehydration for me. They went away after a few months. I was on high blood pressure meds and my blood pressure dropped enough I stopped taking all meds. It slowly crept back up and I know take smaller doses of two meds.

I'm no doctor but I'm guessing the rapid weight loss causes them because you body is used to working so hard to haul around the extra weight you no longer have. I mean, you basically were hauling an extra 80 lbs around all the time and now you are not. Body is like, whoa nellie! Seriously, I could not pick up 80 lbs and carry it around for 1 minute.

Lynda

Anyone get dizzy / lightheaded from time to time? I haven't kept track of my daily intake' date=' although I do make sure I get 80mg Protein...

-Alan[/quote']

Yes, I get the dizziness occasionally--I have to sit down or I will fall down and because I am also in a cast and can put no weight on that leg at all. So I just sit down.

I'm almost 8 months out, and I still have dizzy spells when I stand up from sitting. I've never passed out or fallen down. It's usually just about 30-60 seconds of dizziness, then it clears itself up.

Congrats on your great weight loss! I get this when I'm dehydrated. Also my NUT said it can happen if you're not getting enough Calcium. I would ask your dr. especially if you've been on any medications. After losing 80 lbs so rapidly there are definitely adjustments that need to be made.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274