Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did your insurance take to approve ?!

My paperwork was just submitted to Aetna on Friday...praying to have an answer sometime before mid-week!

Who has or know anyone that has GEHA insurance??

Who has or know anyone that has GEHA insurance??

I think they require a 6 month supervised diet before approval. But I would call them and check. They might have changed their policy much like BCBS who also had the same diet stipulation, but has since cut it down to 3 consecutive months of doctor's visits period.

I think they require a 6 month supervised diet before approval. But I would call them and check. They might have changed their policy much like BCBS who also had the same diet stipulation' date=' but has since cut it down to 3 consecutive months of doctor's visits period.[/quote']

I called today and they said 6 mos proof of doctor supervised weight loss program. I'm going to start weight watchers this week and start counting down, psych eval is Monday so my 6 mos proof will be all I need.

Good morning anyone have Cigna? Our plan admin said its not covered. He said he asked for an exception but Cigna wouldn't. Has anyone been thru that & still yet got approved?

I called today and they said 6 mos proof of doctor supervised weight loss program. I'm going to start weight watchers this week and start counting down, psych eval is Monday so my 6 mos proof will be all I need.

You need to check with them to make sure Weight Watchers is acceptable. Some insurance companies really want you to seed a doctor like your PCP or a NUT for it to be considered 6 months...in addition, make sure it's 6 consecutive months too...if you break...you have to start all over. I did read a few post from people that were heart broken because their insurance companies would not accept WW as a valid "supervised" plan to approve surgery. Make sure you don't get caught off guard...check, double check and triple check if necessary.

Good luck.

\

Good morning anyone have Cigna? Our plan admin said its not covered. He said he asked for an exception but Cigna wouldn't. Has anyone been thru that & still yet got approved?

Cigna has paid for WLS, the gentleman that joined with me, has it and he's been approved. But if your employer has a "bariatric exclusion" clause in its policy.not much you can do, but go self-pay or finance.

I have CIGNA, and even though I haven't been approved yet, I know they cover the surgery. It depends on the package/exclusions that your employer chose.

thank you sooo much, you're correct my employer explicitly made sure none of it would be covered :// oh well God will provide :) thank you all so much.

I have BCBS IL and it took roughly 2 weeks for my approval. My Surgeon office took care off everything regarding the insurance approval. The Kane Center is Awesome fir those located near Chicago-Burbs!!

I have Anthem BCBS and the insurance approval took just over 48 hours. I completed all the testing requirements on Friday, August 23 at 4:30 pm.The surgeon's office submitted my claim on Monday, August 25 at 9 am and Wednesday, August 27 at 5pm I received my confirmation that I was APPROVED. I was really impressed with my insurance company. They have even assigned me a case management nurse that is familiar with bariatric surgery to coach me through recovery.