Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three weeks out today and at Friday weigh in I am up 2.5 lbs! Reversing my weight loss from 10 to 7 lbs total since surgery! I have been super good about my puréed diet, Protein and Vitamins, plus I work on my feet 9 hrs all day. Discouraged, as I was hoping to see at least a 1lb loss/ week ????

Are you getting enough Water in and could any of it be swelling?

Nobody sustains a 10#/week loss over time. Relax, stick with the program and you'll melt away! You are in this for the long haul; one week doesn't matter in the grand scheme of thisgs.

No! My weight loss was 10lbs over 2 weeks (not 10/week). Yes- I am drinking lots of Water between meals.... Just having a bad week I guess. I feel like as soon as I started puréed foods (4oz 3xday) I am gaining weight!

Nobody sustains a 10#/week loss over time. Relax, stick with the program and you'll melt away! You are in this for the long haul; one week doesn't matter in the grand scheme of thisgs.

Great advice, I agree. You will be just fine. I always say...Let your body "do it's thing".

you'll be fine - most everyone goes up and down - after 3 weeks it's pretty much down!

Ive heard people talking about the 3 week stall...is this it? I lost a lot my first week (well at least I think its a lot, 20lbs) but I know I'm not gonna lose 20lbs every week and I might gain some back...who knows...I'm 8 days out.

I know it's hard, but try not to be discouraged. Your body is going through a ton of changes right now. Being sleeved is a big shock to the system. You also are contending with issues like internal swelling. My liquid phase was 3 weeks. As soon as I went on soft foods I gained 4 lbs. in 4 days. I was totally freaking out! I then didn't lose anything for 2 weeks & then dropped 10 lbs. the week after that.

Being sleeved doesn't mean that you lose weight consistently every week. Sometimes you lose inches & sometimes it's just a matter of powering through. Make sure that you get in your Protein, Water & activity & you will be just fine. Hang in there & you'll see!

It's totally normal but hard to watch. Remember this is one of the points when dieting alone that we would give up and go have a cupcake/donut/pick your own favorite food.....

Our bodies are freaking out. We have been limiting calories for weeks and now we incorporate soft foods and it thinks it needs to hold on to the calories incase we try to starve it again.

Thank goodness that I had my lapband and have charted my weight in the past so I can see that's how weight loss seems to happen. Lose weight, plateau, gain weight and then lose again. Or whatever your particular pattern is. AND even though I know this is how my body works I am having a lot of trouble, up 2 lbs over a week ago!

It will happen it can't possibly not, but it's still hard! Good luck!

Too bad the docs can't hand out prescriptions for patience :D

Seriously, I promise it will work with a little patience and of course commitment. Try to go about your life as normal and dont focus so much on your weight loss (or a little gain). I use to say I was a slow loser, but I think I'm more of a normal loser and the few who lose rapidly are rare. I don't know if I ever gained any since my surgery because I don't weigh myself very often.. Maybe once a week to begin with and now every couple.. Three weeks. I know it's working and that's alI need to know.

Hang in there ;)

I'm one month tomorrow. About 10 days ago I stepped in the scale and had gained 2 pounds. A couple days later I was up another. Then for a week + was up and down a half. Finally today I'm back down those three. Just be patient and follow your plan and it will work.

Now to lose 6 pounds to reach my target of 235 by my niece's graduation next Friday ????

That's why I am frustrated at only a 7 lb TOTAL weight loss in the whole 3 weeks since surgery. I just think my body wants to stay this way.

Yes, it is the dreaded three week stall (or third week, since it doesn't necessarily last for three weeks!) Here is a good article explaining the physiology of what's happening now -

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

As noted in the article, there is around ten pounds of Water and glycogen in play here, so it is not unusual for there to be some small amount of gain happening while you restore your glycogen reserves and switch into fat burning mode, so don't beat yourself up over any perceived dietary sins - it's just nature at work and can happens to most when they go thru this phase.

For the maximum benefit of this procedure, I'd take advantage of doing a liquid diet for the next 2 weeks. That will give you a great jump start in weight loss, focusing on drinking your Water and using Protein Shakes too. You can do this. Oh and when you switch stages in food, you do go up a lb or so.....You've got this, now it just has to happen.......and it will............ :)

That's why I am frustrated at only a 7 lb TOTAL weight loss in the whole 3 weeks since surgery. I just think my body wants to stay this way.

Your body doesn't get to make any decisions. LOL Seriously! I know we tend to say "our body wants this, our body wants that," but, in most cases, WE choose. Our minds have a much bigger impact on what we do and what we feel than our bodies do.

There have been studies that show it's harder to lose weight when we're stressed...whether it's due to serotonin or cortisol levels or other hormones, what we THINK (and then feel) CAN impact how our body's work.

So first, take a look at what you're eating. Are your pureed foods on the lower calorie range? How much salt is in them (you might be retaining fluids if they're too salty)? How many calories/day are you eating? Are you drinking enough Water?

I know you said you stand on your feet all day, but if that's normal for you, then you still need to find a way to add in some exercise. 30 minutes of strength work, some cardio, etc.

If all that is where it should be, then put away the scales and try to relax. ~2.5 lbs/week STILL means 60 lbs in 6 months. Nothing to sneeze at there.