Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Tuesday will be three weeks post op. I am so depressed, all I do is sleep. I am so sick of the puréed/soft foods. I am so sick of it that sometimes I don't eat anything at all. People keep saying it will get better. BUT WHEN?!!! I am regretting getting this done and wish I could just eat. :(

This Tuesday will be three weeks post op. I am so depressed' date=' all I do is sleep. I am so sick of the puréed/soft foods. I am so sick of it that sometimes I don't eat anything at all. People keep saying it will get better. BUT WHEN?!!! I am regretting getting this done and wish I could just eat. :([/quote']

It gets better. Don't be depressed. You have to eat...that might help get you more energy to get out of bed. We all go through rough Patches but it is so worth it. I am down 125 pounds in 7 months.

Are you or have you started the B12 yet? If not, and your Dr. approves you should start taking this. It will help with your energy levels and hopefully will lift your spirits a little.

Personally, right at 1 month.

For me, it was about 4-6 weeks. The first few weeks are really rough, you are not alone. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how things do turn around. Just hang in there a little longer.

I am not post-op yet, but my doctors and dietician have all mentioned depression being very common in the first few months, so don't beat yourself up for feeling that way. Let your surgeon, dietician, etc. know how you're feeling.

I don't really have anything else to add, except that my thoughts are with you and I hope that things get better soon! Kulita is right about B12, and once you have more energy you might find walking or fresh air makes you feel good.

Hang in there!

I'm 3 1/2 wks post op, and I don't feel that way at all... what else is going on in your life? Were you depressed pre-op? Is it just depression about food?

It might be helpful to be on a mild anti-depressant or see a therapist, or both.

B12 is just an amazing Vitamin. I'm pre-op, but have been taking it for about three weeks now. I didn't notice any change at all in my energy levels until I started taking 3 sublingual lozenges a day instead of just 1 per day. Now I sleep better, and actually wake up feeling...well, awake! This hasn't happened for me since before puberty--it's a real game changer! My mood has improved, too, probably because I don't fee exhausted and grumpy all the time. Give it a try, it's definitely worth it.

Meanwhile, don't be hard on yourself, you've been through major surgery, and it takes time to feel like "you" again. Hang in there!

I am absolutely certain that my attitude has played a huge roll in my post-op weight-loss success.

I left the depression in the biohazard bag in the operating room with my old stomach.

I choose to be happy, or at the least hopeful, with my new healthier life where I am in control of how I deal with things without food being involved. Is it always easy? No. Rainbows, unicorns and glitter? No, well, maybe a little glitter ;)

I know this sounds very simplistic - but give it a try... YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

I am absolutely certain that my attitude has played a huge roll in my post-op weight-loss success.

I left the depression in the biohazard bag in the operating room with my old stomach.

I choose to be happy' date=' or at the least hopeful, with my new healthier life where I am in control of how I deal with things without food being involved. Is it always easy? No. Rainbows, unicorns and glitter? No, well, maybe a little glitter ;)

I know this sounds very simplistic - but give it a try... YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO![/quote']

Great advice, right here.

I left my depression behind also, so much so I went off anti depressants a few months post OP after almost a decade on the things. My biggest learning has not been about diet but about attitude and about the power being with me, in my choices and my decisions.

Actively choose to be happy. Actively choose to be healthy. Actively choose to be present in your own life and in control of your decisions. Even the teeny little ones like what to have for Breakfast and what mood to put on :-)

It sounds simplistic because it is simplistic. But f**k me, it works.

During my depressions in the old days I sometimes just rode it out. I wrote some dark poetry that I wouldn't impose on my worst enemy.

It's better to lighten up and choose the happiness.

There is a lot to be grateful for if you look for it.

You've gone through a major change. Since most of us have focused on food most of our lives, not being able to eat as we used to is frustrating. Plus hormones are flooding your body. As soon as you can have a bit of soft food, you'll feel better. The tiny bit of baked potato I had was amazing! Hang in there, find a support group in your area, and keep connected here. We've all been there and know how you feel. Take care!