Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do you wear anything on the surgery table

I didn't even want to wear a bra home because of my huge boobs and the incision placement. I did and regretted it. If you have a great cammy with a built in bra, use that instead. They don't provide much support, but who is going to judge you on the ride home. F 'em if they don't like it.

In the surgery prep cubicle I was asked to completely disrobe and then put on a surgical gown-thing, and non-slip socks.

Just a paper gown..... Forget about the under garments....

I wore something VERY comfortable and loose so I could wear it home. I also brought lots of clean underwear for when I could take showers. Once you get there you put on a gown and maybe some non skid socks.

In the Or. Your gown is lifted way up to your neck and your arms are strapped down. The Dr and nurses see everything.. ;)

I never had a catheter.

I was worried about the being naked too, but now after the fact it's such a minor thing. They've seen it all :)

Not all surgeons cath for this surgery, mine didn't.

My fiance says they cover everything else with blankets...he said they dont want any distractions...I guess that was a compliment saying my body would be a distraction haha

I never had a catheter.

I was worried about the being naked too' date=' but now after the fact it's such a minor thing. They've seen it all :)[/quote']

Yeah my doctor said I dont need a catheter

even better

Well, you will be under GA so you will not notice weather or not your stuff is covered up. When you awake you will be covered again :)

No jewelry either. Leave your earrings, rings, watch, etc at home.

And yes, doctors and nurses have seen it all. I worked in a hospital for almost 20 yrs and it really is "no big deal."

I wore a big muu muu type dress to the hospital, took it off and put on a hospital gown. When I was discharged, I put the same muu muu dress on. The only clothes I took otherwise were big undies and a sports bra. I did, however, take a heavy cape that I used as a robe, blanket, and (rolled up) a prop for my arms when I was sleeping.< /p>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches