Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post op and miserable

Today is my 6 week post op mark. I have lost around 29 pounds but have gained 4 of that back. I think I have lost that same 4 pounds about 5 times already. I am feeling very frustrated and as much as I hate to say it, I regret having the surgery. I feel exhausted all the time, I can't get enough fluids in me so I tend to stay a little dehydrated, and regardless of what I eat every time I eat my stomach hurts. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it ever get better? Will I ever not regret having the surgery?

Oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling very good. I can understand how you'd feel this way though, but I'm only three days out - but it has been a challenging three days I hope we both look back on this time and are able to say (like most others) how we're so happy we had it done and the only regret is not doing it sooner. Can you talk to your nutritionist/or doctor about your pain when eating and discuss options?

Today is my 6 week post op mark. I have lost around 29 pounds but have gained 4 of that back. I think I have lost that same 4 pounds about 5 times already. I am feeling very frustrated and as much as I hate to say it' date=' I regret having the surgery. I feel exhausted all the time, I can't get enough fluids in me so I tend to stay a little dehydrated, and regardless of what I eat every time I eat my stomach hurts. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it ever get better? Will I ever not regret having the surgery?[/quote']

Yes it gets better. I felt the same way. I was thinking what have I done. But I would come to this site to get encouragement. I had to start drinking Gatorade because I was becoming dehydrated. I would plan my meals and made sure I ate something every 2-3 hours. Even if I wasn't hungry. My surgery was January. So I'm about 4 months out and feel really good. I couldn't understand how some people was doing so much exercise when I was just so exhausted. Now I'm exercising with no problem. Yes. Yes. It gets better every day. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm sorry you are having a time of it right now. It will get better. Hang in for a bit longer. Sometime it just takes some folks longer for their new tummy to find its way. Do your very best to stay hydrated, that will help so much.

Wishing you the very best!

Thank you all for your support. I will try the Gatorade and see if that helps. I have been able to go to the gym and work out and it does make me feel better. I guess I'm just feeling overwhelmed right now. Again, thanks for your encouragement. :)

Today is my 6 week post op mark. I have lost around 29 pounds but have gained 4 of that back. I think I have lost that same 4 pounds about 5 times already. I am feeling very frustrated and as much as I hate to say it, I regret having the surgery. I feel exhausted all the time, I can't get enough fluids in me so I tend to stay a little dehydrated, and regardless of what I eat every time I eat my stomach hurts. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it ever get better? Will I ever not regret having the surgery?

You will feel so much better in a week or two and will thank God that you had the sleeve done, I kinda regert the few weeks after I had the sleeve, but now I am almost 3 months out ; I would do it again in a heartbeat, just give yourself a little more time and you will be HAPPY to.

Hey im 6 weeks out also. I also have my good days then I have my bad days where I vomit and dont drink much. All I can say is hopefully it will get better. Good luck

Hey im 6 weeks out also. I also have my good days then I have my bad days where I vomit and dont drink much. All I can say is hopefully it will get better. Good luck

I have felt slightly nauseated but haven't vomited I wonder if I'm not getting enough Protein ?

I am 8 weeks out myself and I felt the same way the first few weeks. I even came to this site and asked if anyone else felt regret like I did. Hang in there. Things will get much better. I still have a hard time getting my Protein in but I find that Protein Shots help with that. Good luck :)

it's good to know what to expect when I have the surgery. I been told that buyers remorse may occur cause so much is going on with recovery and getting back to normal and all.

MAKE yourself get in your Protein.. DRINK your Water....... and you will have to MAKE your self do this.. it is ALL so WORTH what you went thru...... but it is UP TO YOU to do what YOU HAVE TO DO....IF you do not do it.......YOU WILL FAIL!!!!! and it is ONLY YOUR fault......... WORK that sleeve and DRINK that water!!!!!

You MAY be EATING TOO MUCH...... even after 18 months, I can eat 4-6 bites depending on WHAT I am eating.......... you CANNOT eat like you used to...... stomach hurthing is a BIG sign you will strech what you just had done........ you are NOT hungry, so WHY are you trying to eat SOOOOO much???? just a question............

I cant eat anything and when I do I take a few bites and thats when I get the feeling in my chest. I feel like I have to burp and everything just keeps going up and down. I just pray that its stays down lol

After about 2 bites I get that burp feeling too and lots of pressure. I'm not eating a lot, hardly eating anything. But every time I do eat I get that feeling and am miserable for several hours. It makes me want to not eat at all!!!

Also, make sure you are not eating too fast. And are you taking all of your Vitamins? ?