Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for what to tell people?

So if someone who you arent that close to said "wow your pregnant' date=' you look wonderful" you would reply with "i used in vitro"?...if that is the case you must be somewhat socially awkward to be around[/quote']

Not really. Socially, I mix with people who also value honesty and integrity. Professionally, I do not mix with people who would comment on my appearance unless we were close enough to connect socially.......

Again I won't say who this one belongs to also' date='

But you know who you are ( or do you? :P)

I see so many threads about "I don't want anybody to know". Have tou ever stopped to think about the other side of the coin? When people are secretive about things if you enquire, don't you then assume the worst case scenario? In an office environment the rumors are always so much worse than what is really going on.

My suggestion is to tell them what is going on. You don't have to go so far as to disclose everything. But give them enough to relax their curiosity or concern.

For example. Do you have diabetes? Tell them you are undergoing a procedure that will hopefully cure your diabetes.

Do you have sleep apnea, heart issues? Tell them you are getting a procedure that will cure ore minimize these conditions.

All of these would be true, and once you've had the surgery, you can go back and tell the rest of the story if you so chose.[/quote']

Laura, I am really flattered that you took the time to search all my old posts. Adorable!

Now work on your comprehension skills. My PA never lied, we took the option initially of not telling people. People try to get things out of my PA all the time. One of the reasons I value him is his discretion. You need that in a PA in my job. Not sharing your business, keeping the surgery quiet, is notifying or is it a lie by omission. Saying " that is none of your business" is a very valid response and I have never said otherwise.

Because you go straight to the extreme ends of response in your discourse, you are the only one to go to the name calling place. I haven't. You also do the whole "who are you" thing which is known in debating circles to be a bit of an attempt at a derail using emotion, sometimes false, to steer a conversation in a different direction rather than admit failure.

I find it hilarious that you cannot imagine an other human can exist without lying. I really do. I know plenty who chose honesty.

When did I name call? Please show me. You've called me a liar, dishonest, etc. I was unaware that this was a formal debate group. I'm not derailing the discussion. I'm merely trying to understand who you are and why you are so judgmental of those who don't live the same way as you. Admit failure about what? I don't even think you know what you're talking about. I personally don't understand how a person could be so judgmental. You are extremely defensive and hell bent on telling people how much you disapprove of the way they live. Do you feel better about yourself?

Laura' date=' I am really flattered that you took the time to search all my old posts. Adorable!

Now work on your comprehension skills. My PA never lied, we took the option initially of not telling people. People try to get things out of my PA all the time. One of the reasons I value him is his discretion. You need that in a PA in my job. Not sharing your business, keeping the surgery quiet, is notifying or is it a lie by omission. Saying " that is none of your business" is a very valid response and I have never said otherwise.

[/quote']

Don't be to flattered it wasn't that hard to find!

Oh and there are more gems out there..

Spin it how you will.. Who am I to judge you and your semantics.

I will now officially ban myself!

Laura, I am really flattered that you took the time to search all my old posts. Adorable!

This is good to know because we soooooo need your approval on what we should and shouldn't say to others lol

And why is it that whenever someone makes a point you try and question their intelligence?

Surely that doesn't work in the court of law does it?

+1. It makes her feel better

Again.. I say this topic is a train wreck, it has colored everyone of us in a very bad light.

I am human and for that I apologize, I try to stay out but I get passionate about people judging others here....

None of us are in a position to do that!

Holy hell. The black void that has occurred here has been seen from space. It's a person choice to disclose or not disclose. It DOESN'T MATTER. IT EFFECTS NO ONE. NOT ONE MOLECULE. And why would anyone judge any one on their choice of Discretion. My god the egos in this place are massive we must be all famous or something.

I mean holy ****. Really I can not believe the crap I'm reading. It's a massive **** storm.

Whether or not you 'agree' with it is irrelevant. It is like saying you do not agree with the legally accepted definition of jaywalking. It is what it is until someone successfully and legally challenges it and creates a precedent. I can't see you being too successful in pursuit of that.

Every day in life is the same. The definition applies as does the requirement of social mores.

Let's put it into something that perhaps you can understand and relate to.

1. Your husband comes home late and you ask where he has been. He tells you he visited his mother after work. Later you find out that after he visited his mother he went to a strip bar with his friends. Do you feel he was honest with you about where he went?

2. Your teenager comes home late from a party and seems a bit drunk. You ask if she has been drinking and tells you she had two beers as you had agreed she could have two beers. The next day you find out in fact she also had 6 tequila shots. Are you happy with her?

These are examples of everyday lies of omission that occur well outside the court room and that challenge our accepted social mores.

Your husband and daughter are completely different than choosing not to tell people you are not close with. My husband going to a strip club may hurt my feelings and me getting surgery should hurt anyones feelings so it shouldnt matter. Once again we can agree to disagree, everyone is not as candid as you and that doesn't mean they are liars..maybe according to your legal term they are but not according to their morals.

How about u just stop speaking down to me and everyone else on this thread and go live your perfect little life.

The only person besides yourself you need to be completely honest with about your health is your doctor.

We all have different situations in our lives. We deal with different people and have different social and location situations.

Sometimes you already have enough to deal with, you do t want to deal with the local gossip monger about your digestive tract. You might get to the point where you don't care, but sometimes it's just none of anyone's damn business.

Do what you are comfortable with. Just make sure 1000000000% truth goes to your doc!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How about u just stop speaking down to me and everyone else on this thread and go live your perfect little life.

Good idea. My life is pretty damn perfect and I should go on and enjoy it rather than hang around here and continue what has started to feel like trying to bang my head against what feels like a wall full of ignorance.

I have had a good laugh or two though, so thanks for that. Because I am not perfect, I do have flaws, one of which is clearly laughing at those who are just not the sharpest tool in the shed but try and play regardless.

A lie of omission is still a lie.

So if you go to the doctor and someone asks you why, you don't have a problem telling a coworker that it "burns when you pee" and you have a "smelly discharge from your genitals"?

Instead of just saying you weren't feeling well?

Not everyone needs to know everything. People have an actual RIGHT to privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using VST