Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for what to tell people?

Yes, you need to add that you are also over sensitive and a bit overly dramatic on the topic. It makes me wonder if perhaps you don't question your own level of comfort about this topic? Why else would you get so overly dramatic about someone else's opinion if you did not perhaps question your own position on the topic?

Protesting too much perhaps?

It isn't too late, you can choose honesty too yanno.

;-)

This is cracking me up now. You need to chill.

I'm not being overly dramatic. You have called ALL of us liars.dishonest, and said that we lack the integrity that you have. You said these things. I'm just wondering how much more you plan to say about how perfect you are. Like I said a million times on this thread, I am being honest when I say that I'm eating smaller portions and exercising. It may not be what YOU want me to say but that's fine.

ETA: plenty of people on here have also said that you act holier than thou.

To the OP.. I apologize for the nay sayers demanding that they should be put on a pedestal .. Yanno.. Waaaay above us human failures? What they have to say has nothing to do with your question and contributes very little other than trying to make others feel less than them.

You asked what others tell people in regards to their surgery without going into the wls details. Responding answer should have been kept to that subject alone. My apologies .. For their disrespect to you

People never cease to amaze me.

They advocate lying then attack people who simply say "honesty is the best policy".

One simple question. Why attack someone for recommending the exact thing that we were all taught as children?

Damn straight.

I am ashamed of myself for scanning as much of this thread as I have. It makes IQ points drain right out of your ear.

People never cease to amaze me.

They advocate lying then attack people who simply say "honesty is the best policy".

One simple question. Why attack someone for recommending the exact thing that we were all taught as children?

We feel attacked also! We're being told that we're liars, dishonest, and lack integrity because we choose to keep our medical history private! If anything us people who choose to keep our surgery quiet, we've mostly said "to each their own" or "do what's right for you. How hard is it to respect that?

But see you yourself keep putting it into only two categories.

It's really not that black and white? is it?

I tell some people and I don't tell some people' date='

What does that make me?

Can't put me into those boxes! I don't "fit" :P

Oh and on a side note this argument is as old as the hills and it goes this way every time.. Nowhere

[/quote']

This.

I am not ashamed or embarrassed about making this decision - I'm much more embarrassed for letting myself get to this point. There are several people in my life that know I've made this choice, and I'm very comfortable talking about it when I decide to. However, there are some more who don't know yet, and many more who may never hear about it. Why? Because I am somewhat private about this sort of thing.

Example: I had corrective surgery on my nose a few years ago. I did let my family and some friends know, but it wasn't something I shared generally. However, when I heard that a coworker was having sinus issues and was looking at options, I volunteered info about my surgery, why I chose to do it and the results with her.

The point is I'm not hiding. I just don't choose to share with everyone I know. I'm hanging out in the gray area with Laura :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Omg, no one cares if you all keep it a secret. It's all the cover stories and lying about how you are losing the weight.

Omg, no one cares if you all keep it a secret. It's all the cover stories and lying about how you are losing the weight.

Why do you "care" about that? Does it affect you in some kind of way? Live and let live, maybe?

We feel attacked also! We're being told that we're liars' date=' dishonest, and lack integrity because we choose to keep our medical history private! If anything us people who choose to keep our surgery quiet, we've mostly said "to each their own" or "do what's right for you. How hard is it to respect that?[/quote']

No. You are being told you are a liar and dishonest for lying. No one has said that keeping your medical history private is lying. But lying about it? That IS lying. You can dress that lie up all you want but it is still a lie. This includes lies of omission by deliberately misleading people as to how you are losing weight.

Tell lies and you are a liar. It really is that simple. I am laughing at the craziness of telling people you lie, recommend to others that they lie and then get all shades of upset when you are called a liar as a consequence. Can you not see the obvious here?

Subject of this thread:- IDEAS OF WHAT TO TELL PEOPLE??? NOT. IS IT OK TO LIE OR NOT!??? ????

No. You are being told you are a liar and dishonest for lying. No one has said that keeping your medical history private is lying. But lying about it? That IS lying. You can dress that lie up all you want but it is still a lie. This includes lies of omission by deliberately misleading people as to how you are losing weight.

Tell lies and you are a liar. It really is that simple. I am laughing at the craziness of telling people you lie, recommend to others that they lie and then get all shades of upset when you are called a liar as a consequence. Can you not see the obvious here?

That is YOUR OPINION! It is not a lie to say that I am watching what I eat and exercising. I never recommended for anyone to say what I say. I'm not upset, I said I felt like I was being attacked also. You're reading way too much into things if you think that some randoms persons opinion over the internet is affecting my life. I'm having a discussion with you and you are taking part in it. If you want to call me a liar, that's fine. Are you happy now? How does it feel up on that high horse?

Why do you "care" about that? Does it affect you in some kind of way? Live and let live' date=' maybe?[/quote']

I care because I care about humanity. I care about society and I don't like to see people hurting. As I said earlier, I remember what it was like to be obese and feel like a total failure at losing weight or maintaining weight loss. Every time someone told me they lost with diet and exercise my own sense of failure was pretty real and not pleasant. If I tell someone now that I lost the weight through Portion Control and exercise then technically those statements are truth, however it misses out a really important part, that I have had the surgery which makes portion control and food choices so much easier.

I don't want to leave someone else who may be struggling with their own sense of failure with a half truth about how I have achieved what I have achieved. Because I care how others feel.