Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They may not behave like me' date=' but I assure you, if they are Native Texans, they THINK like me. I have trashed WI, but I haven't trashed Mexico and I would never trash Texas, ever. Really, I'm good for now, but thanks for asking. Have a great morning![/quote']

Hmm. That may be a bit over generalized. I assure you, one of my aunts was a native Texan and did not think that way. But hey, I'm also a fan of hyperbole and overstatement and stereotypes as a part of humor.

That said, I now read that we're voluntarily ending this thread, so please don't respond to this post. Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Who still refers to people from the North as "Yankees"? I thought only Civil War re-enactors used that term. We "Yankees" prefer to think of everyone in the US as "Americans".

Texans do. Just for the record, we think of ourselves of Texans first, Americans second. We love America, but we are Texans. Like I said, a different breed. It's like a bumper sticker says, if you're one of us you can't explain it and if you are not, you will not understand. A guy who works on a cruise ship said Texans are the only ones who, when asked 'Where are you from' say Texas, rather than America. Until I moved away, I had no idea how different we are.

Hmm. That may be a bit over generalized. I assure you, one of my aunts was a native Texan and did not think that way. But hey, I'm also a fan of hyperbole and overstatement and stereotypes as a part of humor.

That said, I now read that we're voluntarily ending this thread, so please don't respond to this post. Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

I forgot and responded, forgive me. I lost my memory when I lost my tummy I think!

Texans do. Just for the record' date=' we think of ourselves of Texans first, Americans second. We love America, but we are Texans. Like I said, a different breed. It's like a bumper sticker says, if you're one of us you can't explain it and if you are not, you will not understand. A guy who works on a cruise ship said Texans are the only ones who, when asked 'Where are you from' say Texas, rather than America. Until I moved away, I had no idea how different we are.[/quote']

This is interesting. I live in TX and do not think of myself as a Texan. Nor does anyone I know. Maybe because I'm in the military and most of my friends are too. I heard insults and negative opinions about ppl from different states but never in the context that they're a New Yorker or Texan before American. Now I going to ask my neighbors and other non military friends what comes first. I bet the conversation will get political fast. National pride vs state pride...

How did we go from can we drink soda to Texas? What did I miss? Darn pain medicine making me sleepy and miss things. Lol

laura and leeane. :P kaiser rules forever. :P grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

diana lol

laura and leeane. :P kaiser rules forever. :P grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

Lol tooo funny

http://www.realself....sleeve-surgery1

"Don't drink your calories. Only drink low-calorie drinks such as Water, sugar-free juices and unsweetened ice tea. Don't drink any form of soda -- which can stretch your new pouch because of the gasses -- and never drink alcohol after surgery."

this is interesting, see how each person has differant rules.

I have not drank soda, but Ive had lots of alcchol. lol :o

http://www.realself....sleeve-surgery1

"Don't drink your calories. Only drink low-calorie drinks such as water' date=' sugar-free juices and unsweetened ice tea. Don't drink any form of soda -- which can stretch your new pouch because of the gasses -- and never drink alcohol after surgery."

this is interesting, see how each person has differant rules.

I have not drank soda, but Ive had lots of alcchol. lol :o [/quote']

Wait what no alcohol. Thats just talking CRAZY LOL. NO beer I can understand but what does wine have to do with it.

Wait what no alcohol. Thats just talking CRAZY LOL. NO beer I can understand but what does wine have to do with it.

NOTHING FOR YOU!!!!

:D

Ok a little wine eventually as long as you are over 21 :P

I am a nurse and have had patients drink pop with no problems and others that have alot of reflux after, all you can do is try and see how it helps, I am not craving pop I am craving a beer and tool or no tool will be taking that up again in the near future ;)

Sorry to disagree...and I really am not trying to come off preachy' date=' but yes I do consider it and will always consider it a tool to help me become a more healthy individual. It isn't the cure for obesity that many would like to think, but it is a stepping stone for a better way to live my life. I will be happy also to tell you that I don't have cravings. I have worked terribly hard to put my relationship with food in perspective and deal daily with my obesity. I am no way, shape or means perfect and have as many failings as the next person. But I do not and will not accept food a controller in my world it is only a fuel so that I may live. If soda is it for you, by all means have that soda, as everyone has to follow their own path to their own end. I genuinely wish you all the best.[/quote']

I so agree with you John. The fact is....this tool is not magical. There are cases if people gaining the weight back; maybe not a large percentage but it is definitely possible to slow the weight loss process based on our choices.

We HAVE to retrain ourselves......or live the consequences of bad decision making. Not to sound so gloom and doom but for me this was a life or death surgery and I will have a stronger will than the will for soda. I juice. I'm trying to not even drink "juice" bought at the store but made in my own kitchen within 24hrs. It is definitely not easy. I can only do it on the weekends Bc of my schedule bug I do it. And I have totally eliminated soda and only drink Water or water with lemon.

Get rid of it for the same reasons you had the surgery in the first place.

Wow, I left for a few days and found this thread revived and onto a different subject.

Can you drink soda?

Bottom line: Just ask your Dr, and then decide if you want to follow their guidelines or not. On here... some say yes and others say no. Good luck to you all

I asked my surgeon at 4 months out and his answer was to try it and if I was OK, then diet soda is OK in moderation. I now find that I can drink it if I let it get a little warm and a little flat. It's very uncomfortble when it is really cold and fizzy. I REALLY dislike the aspartame in Crystal Light and I was sick of plain iced tea and Water. I find that I drink about half a can of Coke Zero or Diet A & W a day. I just needed some variety to drink and my surgeon gave it his blessing in moderation, so I see nothing wrong with it.