Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I always laugh and think of my 10th grade Global teacher whenever a Texan calls a Mexican a foreigner lol. Talk about irony lol. Ok that's my irrelevant pseudo-erudite post of the day. Good night, and good luck.

Oh no, you missed the post where I said anyone outside the Republic of Texas is a foreigner. I was in Wisconsin for six years, it was like a third world country.....living there with the Yankees. BTW, good morning, we're having a great thunder/lightening storm! Cup of coffee #2 and enjoying reading yesterday's topics. Have a good one!

OK, I think NtvTxn - is a snob about everything - it's like talking to a reformed smoker, There are some people, that once they are able to control the vice that they lost control of, become holier than though. Have mercy because they don't know how obnoxious they are

I stated early on, we are an arrogant bunch, you know, everything is bigger and better in Texas. Oh....I'm also a former smoker, quit about fifteen years ago. Good Lord, don't get me started on that topic. You're wrong, I DO know how obnoxious I can be, but really, I'm just giving an opinion, just like everyone else, just so happens, I have the spiritual gift of irritation, but alas, I DO know it.

They may not behave like me, but I assure you, if they are Native Texans, they THINK like me. I have trashed WI, but I haven't trashed Mexico and I would never trash Texas, ever. Really, I'm good for now, but thanks for asking. Have a great morning!

No, they don't think like you at all. And by making the statement that everyone from Texas is like you is completely insulting. That said, you are free to believe what you believe and everyone else is free to form their opinions of you based on your words and actions. Just curious, how old are you?

Oh no, you missed the post where I said anyone outside the Republic of Texas is a foreigner. I was in Wisconsin for six years, it was like a third world country.....living there with the Yankees. BTW, good morning, we're having a great thunder/lightening storm! Cup of coffee #2 and enjoying reading yesterday's topics. Have a good one!

My Grandmother moved from Illinois to Massachusetts when she was a young woman ... All the Lithuanian ladies on their street referred to their family as "the foreigners"... My gran was like WTF? I'm in the freaking DAR and I'm a Mayflower descendent .... and I'M the foreigner??? Took her a while to realize that to them a foreigner was anyone not from the BLOCK and not Lithuanian.

Oh no' date=' you missed the post where I said anyone outside the Republic of Texas is a foreigner. I was in Wisconsin for six years, it was like a third world country.....living there with the Yankees. BTW, good morning, we're having a great thunder/lightening storm! Cup of coffee #2 and enjoying reading yesterday's topics. Have a good one![/quote']

I understand being proud of the state or country where you or your ancestors are from. I too am proud of where I was born- that would be Wisconsin so I guess I am part of a third world country. Glad you are aware of your racism and bigotry but that doesn't make it right. You are entitled to your opinion when it is relevant to the conversation. By the way, where exactly is the Republic of Texas?

I have several friends who live in Texas and NONE of them behave like you. You've made general, sweeping insults of Mexico, Wisconsin and Texas. Anyone else you would like to group together and trash? :)

My mother is always fond of quoting George Bernard Shaw who once said something like Never wrestle with a pig, you'll just get dirty and besides, the PIG likes it.

I do disagree with NativeTexan, I also do believe that her bringing up Mexico was an attempt to discredit my opinion and the opinion of my doctor, but I don't think that makes her a bigot.... maybe a little narrow minded. I'd say the majority of Americans.. even Latino-Americans would feel apprehensive about receiving medical care in Mexico. I know I did until I actually researched it and decided to go there myself!

My Grandmother moved from Illinois to Massachusetts when she was a young woman ... All the Lithuanian ladies on their street referred to their family as "the foreigners"... My gran was like WTF? I'm in the freaking DAR and I'm a Mayflower descendent .... and I'M the foreigner??? Took her a while to realize that to them a foreigner was anyone not from the BLOCK and not Lithuanian.

There are small, east Texas towns that think anyone not from that county, even other Texans, are foreigners....actually they call them 'outsiders'. I'm serious!!! We lived in one of those little towns for 20 years, we had friends, had a business all that jazz, but we were ALWAYS outsiders. The one saving grace is, we conceived and had a child in that little town, she was 'one of them'. LOL

I understand being proud of the state or country where you or your ancestors are from. I too am proud of where I was born- that would be Wisconsin so I guess I am part of a third world country. Glad you are aware of your racism and bigotry but that doesn't make it right. You are entitled to your opinion when it is relevant to the conversation. By the way, where exactly is the Republic of Texas?

Bless your heart, you are a Badger fan too I bet. :( I gave you more credit than that - the Republic of Texas, you can't miss it. I have a framed map of the Republic of TX hanging here in my LR, I actually had it framed at Michael's in Wausau!! C'mon down, you'd love shopping at the Galleria in Dallas or Houston. Not even the Mall Of American can compare. I'm serious....or rent a beach house in Padre or Galveston. It's like heaven.

My mother is always fond of quoting George Bernard Shaw who once said something like Never wrestle with a pig, you'll just get dirty and besides, the PIG likes it.

I agree. This was proven implicitly. ;)

No, they don't think like you at all. And by making the statement that everyone from Texas is like you is completely insulting. That said, you are free to believe what you believe and everyone else is free to form their opinions of you based on your words and actions. Just curious, how old are you?

I'm 53 and sadly, I have a lot of fun when by just making one statement, I can get so many involved and admit it or not, it's like a free for all. It's a sick game. On FB I can just post a interesting news story, and say nothing but....."I am speechless" - no comments about agreeing, disagreeing....nothing. Then I sit back and wait for the fun to begin. I've had one or two that will have close to 70 comments of people debating, arguing, call it whatever you want. I know, I should probably shop more or do volunteer work. I'd like to say my tail is tucked, but it's all in fun and makes so many people so passionate about 'whatever'. A friend from HS calls and says, I see you're stirring the pot. ;) Seriously, have a great morning!

So ur bored basically??? Smh ummm listen obviously she gets joy outta getting everyone hype so just stop putting so much energy into this guys the thread is about soda who cares where ur from or where u got surgury IGNORE HER IF SHE MAKES U MAD BC THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT SHES NOT WORTH IT

Ok who the f**k even revived this thread???

The op was 4 months post-op and 4 months pregnant!

Should she be drinking soda?? In my book f**k

No...

Ok the other issue? NtvTxn, is she racist??

I don't know, I don't care. Am I a bad person for not caring? I don't know, I don't care :P

Move on people. This is getting boring.