Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello wonderful people!!!!

I fainted Saturday ....(lack of nutrients and hot Florida auditorium for my kindergartners graduation)...and the Dr. who responded along with ems gave me a sprite. I didn't even realize it until i had drank over half. But baby it was good and cold......and I seemed to actually have a little energy after consuming it...i am 4 weeks out and I am having trouble getting in my fluids only 40 oz per day and about 40 grams of Protein. so i have had my first with no problems.....

Soda is a personal choice, at the end of the day it doesn't even matter what your doctors say, there is not even a general consensus of it being bad or neutral. Therefor its your choice.

I do not drink soda. It is not good for me.

That is just me.

I am not a role model :P

Boy, mention south of the border and everyone's panties get in a wad. All I said was, well, you know what I said. If someone looks at my stats, and says, I see you went to Dallas. It's an observation, a statement, that's all. I wouldn't choose to take it as a jab, but boy, are those folks sensitive and boy do they promote their doctors. I'm pretty convinced some of those patients aren't patients at all, but employees, paid to come on here, post, participate and advertise. If you'll notice, I don't think I have ever, in the past three years seen a patient that has had anything go wrong. I mean seriously, everything done in Mexico is perfect, 100% of the time??!!!! Give me a break!! Anyway, I traveled from Wisconsin to Dallas because I trust the doctors here, it was way less expensive and....well, Texas is home, and we're a pretty arrogant bunch. As far as I was concerned, I wouldn't have dreamed about going anywhere but Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Austin.

What's that got to do with anything?

Hmmmm, well, it means 'I see you went to Mexico'

And the point of making the MX remark was what in relationship to drinking soda pop?

And the point of making the MX remark was what in relationship to drinking soda pop?

Does there have to be a point? I tend to have a flight of ideas. LoL I guess it would be a touchy subject to say 'I see you're from Washington' Yikes!

I'm pretty sure we all know what you meant by it and the reasoning behind the snide remark probably is best left unanswered.

*rolls eyes*

Amen. This place is nothing like it was when i joined last year. So many rude people. OP asked for feedback - not a sermon. Maybe she cant handle others kicking her off her soap box.

And so what if she went to MX? Shes still alive i see. No complications from what I can tell. Not everyones insurance will pay the god awful price that US doctors charge. Some have to pay out of pocket. Guess what - most of what you use/wear/drive is probably made in China.

So?

I had no health issues and my BMI wasn't 40, I'm one of those who had to pay out of pocket, just under 13K and worth every single penny. Other than my Ford truck.....I THINK it was made here but all the parts, who knows and I don't care.....you're probably right, most of what I wear and a lot of what I use, was probably made in China....but, not for all the tea in China would I travel out of country to let a foreigner cut on me. That is just me, I really don't care what everyone else does. I also wouldn't let a Yankee in Wisconsin cut on me.....I had just a few rules when choosing a doctor. It had to be a center of excellence facility and he had to be able to say and use y'all in the proper context. :) Jeeeze, lighten up, you'll get your sleeve in a knot.

I had no health issues and my BMI wasn't 40' date=' I'm one of those who had to pay out of pocket, just under 13K and worth every single penny. Other than my Ford truck.....I THINK it was made here but all the parts, who knows and I don't care.....you're probably right, most of what I wear and a lot of what I use, was probably made in China....but, not for all the tea in China would I travel out of country to let a foreigner cut on me. That is just me, I really don't care what everyone else does. I also wouldn't let a Yankee in Wisconsin cut on me.....I had just a few rules when choosing a doctor. It had to be a center of excellence facility and he had to be able to say and use y'all in the proper context. :) Jeeeze, lighten up, you'll get your sleeve in a knot.[/quote']

Those "foreigners" have probably done more surgeries then half of our American doctors lol

I had no health issues and my BMI wasn't 40' date=' I'm one of those who had to pay out of pocket, just under 13K and worth every single penny. Other than my Ford truck.....I THINK it was made here but all the parts, who knows and I don't care.....you're probably right, most of what I wear and a lot of what I use, was probably made in China....but, not for all the tea in China would I travel out of country to let a foreigner cut on me. That is just me, I really don't care what everyone else does. I also wouldn't let a Yankee in Wisconsin cut on me.....I had just a few rules when choosing a doctor. It had to be a center of excellence facility and he had to be able to say and use y'all in the proper context. :) Jeeeze, lighten up, you'll get your sleeve in a knot.[/quote']

I'm from Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm definitely proud to live here, but not when someone so ignorant represents us so badly. You can't just say "lighten up" and blow off the comments you have made. They are rude and offensive with a hint of racism.

I'm pretty sure we all know what you meant by it and the reasoning behind the snide remark probably is best left unanswered.

*rolls eyes*

Snide? Oh man, that was not snide!! ** rolls eyes right back **

Boy, mention south of the border and everyone's panties get in a wad. All I said was, well, you know what I said. If someone looks at my stats, and says, I see you went to Dallas. It's an observation, a statement, that's all. I wouldn't choose to take it as a jab, but boy, are those folks sensitive and boy do they promote their doctors. I'm pretty convinced some of those patients aren't patients at all, but employees, paid to come on here, post, participate and advertise. If you'll notice, I don't think I have ever, in the past three years seen a patient that has had anything go wrong. I mean seriously, everything done in Mexico is perfect, 100% of the time??!!!! Give me a break!! Anyway, I traveled from Wisconsin to Dallas because I trust the doctors here, it was way less expensive and....well, Texas is home, and we're a pretty arrogant bunch. As far as I was concerned, I wouldn't have dreamed about going anywhere but Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Austin.

So wait. You are saying that your comment was merely an observation and you meant nothing derogatory?

But then, in the same breath, you are saying something derogatory about Mexico.

Interesting. ;)

I'm from Texas and have lived here my whole life. I'm definitely proud to live here, but not when someone so ignorant represents us so badly. You can't just say "lighten up" and blow off the comments you have made. They are rude and offensive with a hint of racism.

Rude, a racist and ignorant? LoL My sister in law is Hispanic, and a nurse. She says she would not go to Mexico for surgery. Does it sound racist to say, jeeeze, I wouldn't go to England either....and like I already said, I wouldn't let one of the Yankees up north cut on me either. Actually I CAN say "lighten up" and blow off whatever I choose to. You on the other hand can respond like you did or just be gracious and say "Bless your heart" - if you're from here, you know what that means. BTW, just because you have lived here all your life, that doesn't mean you are FROM here, are you a Native Texan or are you a foreigner?? ....and that means, anywhere outside our border.

I had no health issues and my BMI wasn't 40, I'm one of those who had to pay out of pocket, just under 13K and worth every single penny. Other than my Ford truck.....I THINK it was made here but all the parts, who knows and I don't care.....you're probably right, most of what I wear and a lot of what I use, was probably made in China....but, not for all the tea in China would I travel out of country to let a foreigner cut on me. That is just me, I really don't care what everyone else does. I also wouldn't let a Yankee in Wisconsin cut on me.....I had just a few rules when choosing a doctor. It had to be a center of excellence facility and he had to be able to say and use y'all in the proper context. :) Jeeeze, lighten up, you'll get your sleeve in a knot.

Some feel the need for human contact. They do that much like a 2 year old does. Bad attention is better than none.

Unless you have contacts at the state department, you have no idea if her doctor is a foreigner or not. Its another attention provoking statement.

Time to back up, take time to read your posts, and decide if the statements are what you really want to be known by.

Bigotry isn't pretty.

Thats all my Scots/Irish butt has to say.:-)