Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have several friends who live in Texas and NONE of them behave like you. You've made general, sweeping insults of Mexico, Wisconsin and Texas. Anyone else you would like to group together and trash? :)

The overwhelming majority of Texans do not behave like this, you are right about that. No matter if they were born here or not. Most are very nice people. Most. Having lived here for 23 years, my friends, neighbors and acquaintances that are Texas born are for the very most part, humble and respectful people.

Its the ones who think and speak like this that gives Texas the reputation that most of the country has of it. It's not good. Everyone sees it except the ones who are responsible for it. They are not always the sharpest tool in the shed, bless their hearts. I do get asked about "those" Texans from family and friends that don't live here. They ask me how I can stand it. I tell them in all honesty, "those" ones are few and far between.

Arrogance and obnoxious are not attributes that most Texans and people in general aspire to, except the Baptist bible thumpers who preach it in church every Wednesday and Sunday but then conveniently forget what they just learned as soon as they are out of the parking lot.

So please folks, don't let the very few give you the wrong impression.

23 years of observation.

I see you went to Mexico.

And...?

Wow. Judgmental much? Considering some of your other threads/comments this would be par for the course tho, huh?

Boy' date=' mention south of the border and everyone's panties get in a wad. All I said was, well, you know what I said. If someone looks at my stats, and says, I see you went to Dallas. It's an observation, a statement, that's all. I wouldn't choose to take it as a jab, but boy, are those folks sensitive and boy do they promote their doctors. I'm pretty convinced some of those patients aren't patients at all, but employees, paid to come on here, post, participate and advertise. If you'll notice, I don't think I have ever, in the past three years seen a patient that has had anything go wrong. I mean seriously, everything done in Mexico is perfect, 100% of the time??!!!! Give me a break!! Anyway, I traveled from Wisconsin to Dallas because I trust the doctors here, it was way less expensive and....well, Texas is home, and we're a pretty arrogant bunch. As far as I was concerned, I wouldn't have dreamed about going anywhere but Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Austin. [/quote']

Yeah. Right.

OK' date=' I think NtvTxn - is a snob about everything - it's like talking to a reformed smoker, There are some people, that once they are able to control the vice that they lost control of, become holier than though. Have mercy because they don't know how obnoxious they are[/quote']

Don't go attacking former smokers! I didn't do anything to you!!! ;-)

The overwhelming majority of Texans do not behave like this, you are right about that. No matter if they were born here or not. Most are very nice people. Most. I Having lived here for 23 years, my friends, neighbors and acquaintances that are Texas born are for the very most part, humble and respectful people.

Its the ones who think and speak like this that gives Texas the reputation that most of the country has of it. It's not good. Everyone sees it except the ones who are responsible for it. They are not always the sharpest tool in the shed, bless their hearts. I do get asked about "those" Texans from family and friends that don't live here. They ask me how I can stand it. I tell them in all honesty, "those" ones are few and far between.

Arrogance and obnoxious are not attributes that most Texans and people in general aspire to, except the Baptist bible thumpers who preach it in church every Wednesday and Sunday but then conveniently forget what they just learned as soon as they are out of the parking lot.

So please folks, don't let the very few give you the wrong impression.

23 years of observation.

I'm actually a greeter at one of those Bible thumping Baptist churches. Believe it or not, I love greeting people and making them feel welcome. I love it and I'm good at it. A church, any church, any denomination is full of sinners, not a soul in there is perfect or without sin. If the preacher isn't stepping on MY toes, I know he's not doing his job, I know me! I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I recognize stupidity when I see it and I'm not bashful about throwing down the bull**** flag. If that is offends some and steps on THEIR toes....sorry about that. It sure does bring everyone out of the woodwork or maybe just lets them slip right into the gutter, those opinions will differ as well.

So ur bored basically??? Smh ummm listen obviously she gets joy outta getting everyone hype so just stop putting so much energy into this guys the thread is about soda who cares where ur from or where u got surgury IGNORE HER IF SHE MAKES U MAD BC THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT SHES NOT WORTH IT

Are you kidding. I am not bored at all, this is entertaining and funny as can be, surely you see that!!!! ;) If I was bored, I'd clean out a closet!!

Are you kidding. I am not bored at all' date=' this is entertaining and funny as can be, surely you see that!!!! ;) If I was bored, I'd clean out a closet!![/quote']

Can you do me a personal favor?? Can you just stop please?

This thread is doing no one any good and I am personally finding it really hard to see.

This thread is doing no one any good and I am personally finding it really hard to see.

I agree. I commented and then made it through the rest of the thread and really regretted engaging myself and pointed others in this thread.

It's an exercise in futility. :-/

Consider it done and seriously, have a great day.

Who still refers to people from the North as "Yankees"? I thought only Civil War re-enactors used that term. We "Yankees" prefer to think of everyone in the US as "Americans".

Who still refers to people from the North as "Yankees"? I thought only Civil War re-enactors used that term. We "Yankees" prefer to think of everyone in the US as "Americans".

I'm sorry but most people here agreed to stop this thread....

Can you please consider doing the same?

Sure thing. Although I think everyone should consider it magical that they're hearing from me at all, since apparently I live in a third-world country ;)

Sure thing. Although I think everyone should consider it magical that they're hearing from me at all' date=' since apparently I live in a third-world country ;)[/quote']

Ok we get it :D

I am 4 months post op and I would love a drink of cold soda anyone tried soda yet?

I drink soda a 20 oz will last me a day or two but I also drink other things in between. I like soda BC it makes me burp and I feel better after. Plus I put on miles a day working and sweating so its just useless calories I know... but its something I enjoy! And not every day!

You can't gulp it and you can't drink it fast. But every person is dif.

I almost died from this surgery. It still gives me control, but since I stopped all the crystal light and fake sweetners I feel 100% better.

Each body and person to their own! And I'm 2 months out and I'm down 50# and 80 since last summer when I started this whole thing....

I am 4 months post op and I would love a drink of cold soda anyone tried soda yet?

I drink soda a 20 oz will last me a day or two but I also drink other things in between. I like soda BC it makes me burp and I feel better after. Plus I put on miles a day working and sweating so its just useless calories I know... but its something I enjoy! And not every day!

You can't gulp it and you can't drink it fast. But every person is dif.

I almost died from this surgery. It still gives me control, but since I stopped all the crystal light and fake sweetners I feel 100% better.

Each body and person to their own! And I'm 2 months out and I'm down 50# and 80 since last summer when I started this whole thing....