Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks all for the great advice and words of encouragement. Today is a new day. I'm going to tackle it one hour at a time! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks all for the great advice and words of encouragement. Today is a new day. I'm going to tackle it one hour at a time! Have a wonderful day!

That's the spirit!! i got on the scale this morning and i saw that i lost 4.5lbs even though i cheated. I started trying a bit more since Sunday so i'm not going to fall off the wagon now. Keep going Kell! have a good day. :-)

That's the spirit!! i got on the scale this morning and i saw that i lost 4.5lbs even though i cheated. I started trying a bit more since Sunday so i'm not going to fall off the wagon now. Keep going Kell! have a good day. :-)

update your ticker, girl! you're already on the road to success!! ;)

Lol i know! i wanted to wait till Friday morning to weigh in just to be certain that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me lol

i mean scale.

Hi,

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but if you cant follow the 2 week diet your not ready for surgery. It has been 10 weeks for me now and i am definetly happy my process took a year. I had 6 month program required that i drug out for a year. Not eating is hard it was 5-6 weeks before i got anything to chew on. Im hoping to be released for all foods tomarrow at 2 month post op. i have lost 40 lbs 10 inches on my waist alone... Good luck to you. Be ready it will make it so much easier ...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi' date='

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but if you cant follow the 2 week diet your not ready for surgery. It has been 10 weeks for me now and i am definetly happy my process took a year. I had 6 month program required that i drug out for a year. Not eating is hard it was 5-6 weeks before i got anything to chew on. Im hoping to be released for all foods tomarrow at 2 month post op. i have lost 40 lbs 10 inches on my waist alone... Good luck to you. Be ready it will make it so much easier ...

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Not saying you shouldnt try to comply but many many people slip up during the pre op diet and they are not doomed. I am not encouraging anyone to not follow their docs orders but to say now that she is not ready for surgery just because she hasn't had the same process is just wrong. My doc says no pre op diet for me because the amount that it will shrink the liver is not worth the extra two weeks of misery before you are on forced liquids post op. BTW he is chief of bariatric surgery at a prestigious hospital with a very long pre op and post op process.

I've been working towards my surgery date for the past nine months. I've taken the classes, meet weekly with the nutritionist, started exercising (zumba – love it!), the complete check list, and yes, I am struggling with the two-week pre-op diet. The reality is I have struggled with diets my entire life – up and down, over and over.

I think it is terrific, pnkhart, that you have been so successful on your pre-op diet – and there have been many who have celebrated this pre-op success … I’m just not one among you.

Fixerupper – thank you for “fixerupping” my courage by reminding me that I am not, indeed, doomed. I have a lot of work to do – but I can do it and I am not doomed, and the time is right, for me.

One hour at a time ….

I've been working towards my surgery date for the past nine months. I've taken the classes' date=' meet weekly with the nutritionist, started exercising (zumba – love it!), the complete check list, and yes, I am struggling with the two-week pre-op diet. The reality is I have struggled with diets my entire life – up and down, over and over.

I think it is terrific, pnkhart, that you have been so successful on your pre-op diet – and there have been many who have celebrated this pre-op success … I’m just not one among you.

Fixerupper – thank you for “fixerupping” my courage by reminding me that I am not, indeed, doomed. I have a lot of work to do – but I can do it and I am not doomed, and the time is right, for me.

One hour at a time ….[/quote']

You absolutely aren't doomed! You've been trying and that's what really matters... how have you been doing the past couple of days?

I'll agree with previous posters, slip ups happen. But if you're struggling a tremendous amount pre op you WILL have a lot of mental struggling post op. Of course we all do :) but shrinking the liver no matter your size is very important. If they can't maneuver around it during surgery they will stop the laparoscopic procedure and do it the old way. A big old incision down your abdomen so they have the room to work.

Aside from shrinking the liver, most pre op diets are designed to prep you for what lies ahead post op. It's hard for those who do the pre op diet just as instructed, even harder for those who ignored the pre op instructions. Slip ups happen, don't get me wrong! But the more they happen pre op the more they happen post op and the success rate drops tremendously. Possible regain, slow loss, and other complications.

You have to do some deep searching to find the will power. The sleeve won't work if you don't COMPLETELY change your lifestyle.

Cmon, this is Psych 101...... You're about to give up all the foods you luv.........You know the nice....big.....stomach is still there and can handle any amount you cram in there. And the food probably taste better than ever before cause you're savoring each bite.........and of course the ole stomach hormones are pumping out the "foooood".....give me fooood signals.

But no worries......in a few short hours.......your brain will be warning....no .....telling you.......NO no no.....if you eat that, your stomach will EXPLODE!!!!!! and you'll die.......And I have a feeling you'll listen. After all, that IS why we are all doing this. It's forcing us to NOT eat cause we have no choice!!!! And choice is what got us into this mess.

Relax, you'll be fine. The Docs are used to it and can handle tons worse. Keep your head on the goal......The skinnier you.

Hey Kelly! How have been doing since you posted this?

Nicolanz! Well, I really am taking it one hour at a time. I did great yesterday - stuck to the plan - nothing but Protein shakes - though I forgot about the Water. Today I've had a ton of Water and a cup of broth. Hopefully the rest of the day will go just as well.

How are you?

Doomed? Of course not! However, I don't think you're truly ready for this, and you may continue to struggle after the surgery if you don't fully commit to what it's going to mean in the short term and long term.

What I would be concerned about is the inability to stick to the diet at all. I know it's tough. I struggle with the modified version of the pre op diet that I've put myself on right now. But seriously, it does sound as if you haven't fully committed to the surgery if you can't find it in you to get through even one day.

I urge you to consider postponing and think this through. It would probably be helpful to work with a counselor to focus your commitment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

Nicolanz! Well' date=' I really N taking it one hour at a time. I did great yesterday - stuck to the plan - nothing but Protein shakes - though I forgot about the Water. Today I've had a tin of Water and a cup of broth. Hopefully the rest of the day will go just as well.

How are you?[/quote']kelly,

We're close in size I started at 235 or 240 and was 255 at surgery. I sorta followed the prediet and had my surgery on 4/22. So 9 days ago.

You are going to be fine. You can do this and you will. You sound a bit like me, I do things when I have to. And once you have the surgery you have to follow it. And you'll want to, because it hurts not to and the results are encouraging.

I've now lost 10 pounds. I found a Protein Drink I like, I'm doing okay on puddings and Jello. The first few days I was in so much pain and I hurt and it hurt to drink water and I thought "what the hell have I done? I've ruined my life-I just want to be at home and eat Italian food". A week later I feel really good. I've made sure to take in Protein, and i let myself have things if I want them(i'm currently on things that go through straws-obviously don't vary from the liquid/puree rules after surgery) went to Wendy's yesterday and I ate a frosty. I was able to eat 1/3 of the tiny Jr. frosty-so like and ounce...And I wasn't sad I couldn't eat more. I was satisfied. It's a really good feeling.

Don't worry-you are going to be just fine!!