Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on april 3rd I am 4 weeks post op. My starting weight was 228 and as of today I am 201. I have been stalled since week 3..I got my cycle on 3rd week..I sure that doesn't help.. my doctor had me on a clear liquid diet for the first 2 week no protien. Now I'm on all liquids with protien and I'm not sure how much protien to consume.. my doctor really dosnt have many guidelines and my NUT only really talks to me about my relationship with food which is fine but I'm trying to as much weight as possible. How many grams of protiens, carbs, and calories should I be consuming. I'm supposed to move to puree this week and I'm scared because I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks.. oh and I really don't exercise could that be the reason..I walk but not much..Any advice would help..

You've lost quite a bit of weight fast. This is just a "stall" period that your body is going through. Completely normal :)

As for Protein goals 60 grams of protein a day is a good target to hit.

And yes walking at this point everyday is great.

You've lost quite a bit of weight fast. This is just a "stall" period that your body is going through. Completely normal :)

As for Protein goals 60 grams of Protein a day is a good target to hit.

Thank you I'm hoping this stall breaks soon..I'm deff gonna add walking into the mix..:) let see what happens..

60 gr of Protein and 64 floz of Water a day..and walk walk walk.. your body is just taking a break and going whoaaaaa what just happened.. break time.. protein is so very important. you will be ok.. you are doing great.. in a few months.. poof a new you. Im post op dec 20th and im down 87lbs.. and im happy as all get out to shop in normal stores and NOT in the plus size section either.. its a fabulous feeling when you see what size you are wearing and holding up.. I hold it up and im like.. nope I cant fit into that.. but I try it on and omg I do fit in it.. so good things go come.. be strong and keep at it.. you will get there.. best of luck to you in your new journey.. :)

My dr wants me to get in 60-80 grams of Protein. She was not to concerned about carbs. I was eating about 400-600 calories at week 4 but I was already on solids with the exception of no grains whatsoever. I'm thinking you should be around that tho if you're doing Protein shakes. Exercising helps but to be honest at 4 weeks I was only walking and it wasn't til about week 6 that I started going to the gym on a regular basis.

Everyone goes thru stalls. Probably moving to purées will kick start your weight loss again. Just follow your NUTs food progression plan and trust the process. It will come off. Good luck!

I was sleeved on april 3rd I am 4 weeks post op. My starting weight was 228 and as of today I am 201. I have been stalled since week 3..I got my cycle on 3rd week..I sure that doesn't help.. my doctor had me on a clear liquid diet for the first 2 week no protien. Now I'm on all liquids with protien and I'm not sure how much protien to consume.. my doctor really dosnt have many guidelines and my NUT only really talks to me about my relationship with food which is fine but I'm trying to as much weight as possible. How many grams of protiens' date=' carbs, and calories should I be consuming. I'm supposed to move to puree this week and I'm scared because I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks.. oh and I really don't exercise could that be the reason..I walk but not much..Any advice would help..[/quote']

You have hit the "dreaded 3 week stall" it happens to a lot of people me included. The stalls will come but they will also go I am in one now at nearly 6 mos but they all pass with time as long as you continue to do what you are supposed to :) No worries Lady you are doing GREAT!!!

When I first started Protein I was told to get in AT LEAST 30 gms but shoot for 60 gms or more, as tolerated. My first few days it was hard to hit 30.

Do you know about double milk? Mix 1 cup skim milk with 1/3 cup powdered non-fat milk. I mix up a pitcher at a time (4 cups milk + 1 1/3 cup powdered non-fat milk). It doubles the Protein content of your milk. Use it in any preparations calling for milk. Cream Soups, for example. 1 cup skim milk is 8.4 gms of protein. Double milk makes it 16.8 gms!

I drink Atkins Advantage Milk chocolate Delight protein shakes. At first, it took me a whole day to finish one, but I got in 15 gms of protein with it. The rest was filled in with cream of chicken Soup or broth.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone I will continue the liquids and and protien and just wait..lol

As for Protein goals 60 grams of Protein a day is a good target to hit.

I also am an Apr 3rd sleever, my Dr. And Nut sais 60 to 80 grams of protien, 800 calories,and 64 oz of fluid/water, I did have a 6 day stall but am back to losing again. I am down 29lbs. Good luck

I'm April 3rd also and I've hit the dreaded stall too. I'm 5'8", started at 202 and down to 181. I'm happy with 21 pounds but I just wish it was more. I guess I'll just keep sipping:)

Hi... I'm Brian and I am a 2 Apr sleever .. Started at 247 now 220 or 27 lbs list .. I'm in that stall too... I do about 1000 caps and 25 prot... As well as 40oz of h2o .. No exercise other then taking care of my horses... Plan to start walking and/or riding bike in a week or so... Brian

It's crucial to get Protein, it's how our muscles function. If you don't get 60-80 grams a day your body will "eat" it's own muscle to use making you tired, and you can get ill. Hydrating and Protein is your job now..protein first. Jay Robb has egg Protein powder that has no nasty taste. For one scoop it's 24 gr of protein and you most definitely need to keep it up. That's scary that you had no protein for that long...my nut and Dr push protein, hydration and soft veggies and soft foods (applesauce consistency)

Good luck everyone and please don't ever be afraid to research your new lifestyle..because its your health at stake!!

Hi all. My op was April 16 and I've lost 22lbs since the surgery. I started solids this week and is having difficulty. I no protien is important and has started drinking my shakes & smoothies. Actually the Dairy Queen smoothie with added Protein is really good and goes down smooth. It's a lot better than my at home blended Protein Shakes.

I tried egg & chicken salad my mom makes without the extra fixings and that appears to b tolerable. Tried baked Talapia tonight and had the chest issue, which is my issue. I hate this part. What's the best way to handle this?

I don't want to lose too much weight and have that drained older look. I actually like how I look now and only want to lose about 30lbs more. I'm 5'11 with a large frame and believe a size 18 Misses would be nice.

Really afraid of losing too much weight and want to know how do I get thru the solids successfully.

Hi all. My op was April 16 and I've lost 22lbs since the surgery. I started solids this week and is having difficulty. I no protien is important and has started drinking my shakes & smoothies. Actually the Dairy Queen smoothie with added Protein is really good and goes down smooth. It's a lot better than my at home blended Protein Shakes.

I tried egg & chicken salad my mom makes without the extra fixings and that appears to b tolerable. Tried baked Talapia tonight and had the chest issue' date=' which is my issue. I hate this part. What's the best way to handle this?

I don't want to lose too much weight and have that drained older look. I actually like how I look now and only want to lose about 30lbs more. I'm 5'11 with a large frame and believe a size 18 Misses would be nice.

Really afraid of losing too much weight and want to know how do I get thru the solids successfully.[/quote']

Hello, I had my surgery on April 3rd and I can't have solids for 2mnths, maybe its just to early for you to start. I have only just started puree.

Hey Angelbabys ..... I purchased a magic bullet blender and I too am at the mush phase but I've eaten allot of diferent food...for instance... I brought home chicken bryan ...green beans... and garlic mashed potatoes ... on monday and for lunch on tues I took 1/4 of all the stuff I brought home and put it into the blender with a little sour cream and that made two meals... lunch and dinner ... so you can eat other stuff.... as well as the food we're suppose to eat (and I do eat that too) but its nice to have a little flavor ...know what I mean.... and I continue to drop weight too.... so don't stress out ... its all do-able.... best wishes Brian