Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on the 12th... Home now... Really sore stomach but getting up n walking as much as possible n drinking as many sips of Water as I can! Gained 16 lbs in hospital' date=' and cried, but they said will easily come off when fluids are released and such so I hope they are right :([/quote']

Don't worry, from everything I have read on these threads, that is normal....of course when my time comes I will probably freak out too....but they all say it is gone within a week..

Hello all,

I hope that all is well with u all, I had surgery on Wednesday whick went over by an hour due I had a lot of scare tissue. I ended up being in recovery for 3hrs because I was sick to the stomach.

When I finally got in my room I slept it off until midnight. Then I took mt first walk. I started drinking about 8am yesterday.

I woke up this morning deathly ill and throwing up. I haven't been able to take much in today only about 11oz in total today. The Protein I have not been able to keep down yet.

I wish u all the best. Ttu soon

Dana

(((DANA)))- Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you!!

DISCHARGED.......

So, today is the day! Getting ready to head home still a little nausea going on but much better than it has been. After 4 nights away from home can't wait to get home to my family.

Then I have my follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Ok June sleevers we can do this.

Hi everyone!

My surgery was June 10th and I have to admit it was pretty rough! My Dr. said the surgery went really well except that they had trouble getting the camera scope down my esphogaus. Apparently, I have a little curve in it so they had to do a lot of wiggling. This led to a lot of chest pain afterwards!

I was in recovery for 3 hours because I could not stop vomiting. And it was blue vomit- tmi, I know but did you know the dye they use in surgery was blue?

The nausea did not stop there- I threw up and dry-heaved several times the next 2 days, including the barium swallow and the first dose of liquid pain meds. It REALLY hurt every time! I was definitely questioning my decision to have the surgery.

BUT, now 6 days out, I am feeling so much better. I've only been on liquid tylenol so I was able to drive yesterday, go to church today and start feeling normal again. And I slept on my side last night!

I am excited for this journey and to get to the mushy stage- I'm really having trouble getting in the Protein.< /p>

Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing!

Hello all

I see you are all getting ready or just had the surgery. Wanted to share my story to ease fears and return the favor of how this site helped me. I am now 46 and had my sleeve done in 8/10 at that time I was about 400 pounds 54 waist 5 xl shirt. I decided it was time for many reasons including health. I did all the hoops and jumps required before surgery as you all are. Big difference I wanted to quit something 3 months prior that was near and dear to me which was soda to see if I could do it and to prove this was for life. July 2010 was my last soda and still haven't touched one. I do recommend getting different types of post surgery shakes I had banana and to this day will not even smell one. Dumping get used to it I'm by far not a diet super model freak but won't eat pork or beef and ANYTHING greasy. My worse enemies. I stick to a decent diet that has nothing bad in it. Well here I am today weighing 220 pounds w a waist of 36 and shirt l-xl area. Bottom line put your heart and soul into this and one day you can help like I hope I did. The one thing I had a lot of issues with was severe dehydration so if married make a commitment to a water bottle at all times touching that ring. I mean all day long constant Water. I like crystal light myself as well. I did lose 150 the first year and have since lost the rest and have leveled off now. I do hope this inspires and eases some worries. I will check in on this thread to answer any questions. I can go on all day about my new found happiness. Now I'm headed out to Breakfast and sit in the booth without fear of not fitting. Been married 19 years before telling my wife no booth I like tables because of it. Bet someone can relate. Good day all from San Jose ca

OK June Bugs...

Sleeved on 6-4 and have been amazed at my easy path. Little pain, no nausea, stopped pain RX after 5 days, up and about a lot. Am tired and I DO sleep a lot.

BUT, last night I did not pay enough attention and had a 2 and 1/2 bout with the SLIMIES. I guarantee you that "once bitten twice shy", and I DO NOT want to go through that any more!!!

Follow the plan and don't push it!

Love & kumquats all.

I have a question. I was sleeved 6/10 and I am not having any problems getting my fluids down. Like i cannot gulp, buy i can already take regular sized drinks of Water. I have never felt pressure of pain. I guess it just scares me that I can do this already and maybe my sleeve is larger than it should be? I have lost 8 pounds since surgery. But I nervous since I am not having the tightness others are.

I have a question. I was sleeved 6/10 and I am not having any problems getting my fluids down. Like i cannot gulp' date=' buy i can already take regular sized drinks of Water. I have never felt pressure of pain. I guess it just scares me that I can do this already and maybe my sleeve is larger than it should be? I have lost 8 pounds since surgery. But I nervous since I am not having the tightness others are.[/quote']

I was sleeved on June 10th as well. I am with you. I haven't had any issues. I can keep everything down. I have had not one bit of nausea or gas. I can get in all my liquids and Protein. I just keep sip sip sipping. My sleeve is also not temperature sensitive. I can drink both hot and cold. I consider myself LUCKY!!!!!!! As long as I am losing I am not going to worry about it. :) I came home from the hospital pumped up with IV Fluid at 242 lbs. I weighed myself today and I am 229 lbs. I am however setting sick of Protein Shakes. I get to move to pureed on Wednesday. I can't freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sleeved on June 10th as well. I am with you. I haven't had any issues. I can keep everything down. I have had not one bit of nausea or gas. I can get in all my liquids and Protein. I just keep sip sip sipping. My sleeve is also not temperature sensitive. I can drink both hot and cold. I consider myself LUCKY!!!!!!! As long as I am losing I am not going to worry about it. :) I came home from the hospital pumped up with IV Fluid at 242 lbs. I weighed myself today and I am 229 lbs. I am however setting sick of Protein Shakes. I get to move to pureed on Wednesday. I can't freaking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just consider yourself lucky! Don't push it though, your tiny stomach will "snap" at you if you do!

Tomorrow at 7:30!! Getting excited but nervous. Im not sure it has hit me yet!!

Sick of the pre-op diet. Surgery is on the 19th. I have multiple friends who have had this surgery and they all say the pre-op is the hardest. How are you guys feeling who just had the procedure?

I started my liquid diet on June 13, ends on the 26th, surgery on the 27th. Honestly, today is by far the hardest because I started my period so I'm HUNGRY. Chewing gum like crazy and drinking Water to get me through. :(

I started my period during the pre-op diet and on birth control. Just shows that Healthy eating makes your body change. I've also had to decrease my blood pressure meds to only once a day. Good luck!