Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all slowish losers--please post your losses so far!

So I've been at this for 5 months now. I am the one doing the work and I am the one working hard and eating well and sucking down Water so, pardon me.. I get to to express what I feel because they are my feelings and I won't have them discounted. if VST is not the ONE place a person can speak openly without judgement about their weight loss, then there must not be that place in existence. Not one person said they'd stopped living life and had given up on WLS working for them. if anything, we are extra vigilant and work VERY hard to make sure WE aren't the cause of our slow(er than expected) loss.

I am snappy, yep. Cause I am tired of being told how to feel about this. I will freely emote about how I feel because it's either going to come out in words or I am going to shove some chips into my mouth. If that's an issue, then maybe the Slowish losers thread isn't a place to hang out.

So I've been at this for 5 months now. I am the one doing the work and I am the one working hard and eating well and sucking down Water so, pardon me.. I get to to express what I feel because they are my feelings and I won't have them discounted. if VST is not the ONE place a person can speak openly without judgement about their weight loss, then there must not be that place in existence. Not one person said they'd stopped living life and had given up on WLS working for them. if anything, we are extra vigilant and work VERY hard to make sure WE aren't the cause of our slow(er than expected) loss.

I am snappy, yep. Cause I am tired of being told how to feel about this. I will freely emote about how I feel because it's either going to come out in words or I am going to shove some chips into my mouth. If that's an issue, then maybe the Slowish losers thread isn't a place to hang out.

Goodness, Curvy, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't express your feelings here! I'm sorry if I'v offended you. I was just trying to say that we have a choice in how we view things. Our feelings often FOLLOW our thoughts, so if I step on the scales and think "Damn, only lost 2 lbs this week" I'm going to feel worse about it than if I said "Whoo-hoo, I lost 2 lbs!" And really, I think ANY loss should be celebrated.

I also didn't mean to imply that you (or anyone else here) aren't living life. But when we "mark" our days by our pounds lost, it makes our size/weight the focus of our lives...and isn't that why we choose WLS? So that our weight can become a "non-issue?" Yes, in the beginning, we have to focus on it so that we follow guidelines and stay healthy...but eventually, I think we ALL want to live our lives without having to think about every pound.

I didnt keep track other than on my ticker, but I have a little to report. I lost my first 20lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing. It's been 5 months and I sneakily lose a pound here and there without even knowing until I happen to weigh myself. I've had up to a 7 week stall and many others, but I'm completely fine with my loss. I guess my stats are

1st 2 weeks = 20 pounds

4 1/2 months = 20 some pounds (can't remember without looking at my ticker)

Highest weight: 260/ BMI 40

Surgery weight: 240/ BMI 36.5

Today's weight @ ~3 weeks post op: 225/ BMI 34

Right now my only exercise is walking. But I love working out so I'm impatiently waiting to start back up. I take boot camp and kickboxing classes and am also going to start the couch to 5K with my sister.

I eat ~1000 calories a day right now with 65-75g of Protein, low carb and fat. Try to get at least 8 glasses of fluids a day.

I've been stalled at the 15lb weight loss for over a week now! Just waiting it out...

I totally get you! I was in that same place not too long ago. You've been busting it hard for 5 months, and to be honest, you look great. I know you want to see more progress, but the progress you have gotten here is awesome. I know that it is hard, when you see folks that have dropped 100lbs or more in the same time or less than you have been sleeved. That really got to me. But then, with the help of a few of my buds here on the board, I started to realize that I can't compare myself to others. I also started to really understand that I didn't get this way overnight and as much as I wanted to be at my goal weight, if it comes off slow, then the chances of it coming back are greatly reduced. Do I want to wake up tomorrow and be all slim and trim and hot looking, you bet I do, but I wouldn't trade that for building a better, more healthy self. I'm not about to tell you how you should feel. But from where I sit you've done a great job and if you stay with it, you will get to where you want to be. It may take us a little longer, but each day, we get just that much better than we were, and to me, that is what really counts in the end. Stay with it, you are really doing great!

Ok' date=' time for a reality check people! :) And I mean this with all kindness and support, but some of you need to put the disappointment and negativity in the closet and lock it away. Think of this...how many times in your life have your consistently lost even ONE pound/week without feeling like it was the hardest thing to do? And as soon as you let up just a little, that 1lb/week weight loss was right back!!!

I know pre-op and post-op eating phases aren't easy, but the weight loss IS happening and faster than anything pre-WLS. So ENJOY!

I'm only 1 day post-op, but I had the LapBand in 2006. With the band, it can take more than 6 weeks for ANY real loss because you have to wait for the first adjustment. Then it really is 1-2 lbs per week for most people. I lost 85 lb in 1 YEAR and was thrilled because it wasn't "that" hard to do, it was relatively consistent and it stayed off for over 5 years.

Now that I have the sleeve, I plan on going home and following my NUT's instructions and staying OFF the scales. Because I know that if I follow the guidelines, eat right, and exercise (at least some), the weight WILL come off. And since the past 2 years I've consistently fought an UPHILL battle again with the scale numbers slowing creeping UP, any DOWN movement will be wonderful.

So I understand the desire to get the weight off fast...but just LIVE YOUR LIFE, people! :) Just enjoying doing things you couldn't do at your highest weight, adventure, etc....as long as you're happy while you're losing weight, you're already a winner![/quote']

I completely agree with you.

SW-260ish (10/2/12)

CW-207.2

Weight loss is definitely slow but the scale keeps moving in the right direction. I'm losing about 1 pound a week, so about 4 pounds a month. I haven't really stalled but I have had a week or 2 of the scale not moving. At this pace it will probably take me a little over a year to reach goal. I expected to lose faster but nope. During this time I've been focusing on making life long changes and not just quick changes that I can't do for the rest of my life. The good thing about this surgery is that I now crave Protein, whereas before I craved sweets. Sticking to a high Protein diet is very simple now. My body has decided to let go of the weight at a slow pace and I've tried different things to make it speed up but nothing works. The only thing us slow losers can do is to keep moving forward 1 pound at a time. The benefits of being a slow loser is that by the time we reach goal, our good eating habits should be a well engrained by the time we reach goal.

Oh yes and you know what I think too is a positive thing about beinf alow looser that less sagy skin.

Heya. I am coming up on 21 weeks post surgery, this Friday. I have lost 39lbs. Averages to fewer than 2lbs/week. My loss has slowed to 1lb a week and I haven't hit 5 months yet. I was 250 day of surgery. I lost very little pre op, about 6 lbs on a 10 day liquid diet. I lost 8 lbs the first week and then settled into a 1-2 lbs loss weekly thereafter.

I started at a BMI of 48.4 from my highest weight. Day of surgery 44.3, currently at 211 lbs I have a BMI of 37.4. To be at a normal, healthy BMI I will have to lose 70 more lbs. So in about 5 more lbs I will be halfway there.

I started in 20/22 jeans and pants, size 18 dresses, XL tops. Currently in size 16/18 jeans, size 14 pants (mostly, some 14's are small) and size L tops, size XL or 12 dresses.

tumblr_mmotdc6Mtx1rl7taoo1_1280.jpg

If it wasn't for inch loss and being able to wear smaller clothes I'd be way more depressed about my slow loss.

Your pictures are AWESOME! I know it feels like it is coming off slow, but at least it is coming off! The proof are these pictures. Your butt/arms/legs all look fantastic. At times, I too feel it's coming off slowly. When I get discouraged, I try to remind myself that during no time of my 20 years of fatness have I ever lost 43 lbs (let alone 43 lbs in 3 months). When I look at it that way, I feel pretty excited. AND I am completely motivated by your pictures....thank you for posting! You are almost half way to your weight loss goal in less than 6 months....it is inspirational/motivating for me to see.

Surgery: 12-5-2012

Starting weight 2 wks before surgery: 371

Day of surgery: 358

Current weight: 301

Loss since surgery: 57 lbs

Total Loss: 70 lbs

I too get caught up in reading others posts who are losing faster and I obsess over the number but we all have done a great job and are all successes!!! I try to remind myself everyday this is a journey and I have come a long way and can finally believe myself when I say I will never be that size or weight again!!! It will only get better!!!

When I met my surgeon august 2012, I was 332

When I started my 2 week preop diet I was 315

Day of surgery I was 300

Today I'm 247

Total loss of 85lbs, 53 since surgery 5 months ago

Surgery was 12/10/12

My starting bmi was 51, and currently is 38

I think it what I have lost thus far is fantastic however I consider myself a slower loser compared to the ones you mentioned losing a 100lbs in a few months.

SW 218 BMI 39.9

CW 157 BMI 28.7

Weeks out of Surgery 27 weeks today or 6+mos

Calories now around 1200

Work out 30 mins/day or 60mins every other depending on schedule

My calories have only been around 1200 for last 2 months and is recommended by my doctor:)

Yes idk but ive bn stunt since February now 30 weeks post op im still 220/217 started off 285 surgery wieght was 257 so imagine its bn real slow for me but hey I fit in juniors cloths again so thats exciteing

I'm 4 months post-op. Highest weight was 309(BMI of 53)...day of surgery I was at 289 and this morning I'm at 227.8....Total weight loss of 61.2 pounds since surgery. I don't exercise(shame on me). I eat between 500-900 calories. I thought I'd have lost more by now but as my surgeon told me a month ago: " can you think of a time where you've lost more than 30 pounds in 3 months and kept it off?" The answer is no..so I'll unhappily accept my slow weight loss.

An update: it has been 21 days since I posted the below and I have lost another 6 pounds or about 2 pounds a week. The doctor says that is perfect.

I am 11 weeks out. My highest weight was 257. I lost 16 pounds in 8 months while awaiting approval. My surgery weight was 241. Today, I am 214. That is about 2.5 pounds per week. Of course, I did not lose it like that. I lost 18 pounds in 15 days and then stalled for two weeks. Then I would lose for a couple of days and stall for a few days. That being said, I am on track and content that the scale keeps heading down. I have not been exercising as much as I should and I bet if I did, I would be losing faster, but I am thrilled to be losing.