Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depends, are you talking Water or alcohol? Water, the next day after my first leak test. Alcohol, about 4 months out. Just a couple sips of wine, no beer cause of carbonation.

Alcohol . I get confused cause my dr said 2 months but most threads on here say three months and wondering if anyone did sooner. I'm not to fussed about not drinking

Every doc/program has different guidelines. My doc & NUT says 1 year. Not a problem for me.

I was cleared to drink at one month post op. I was thrilled to gave my wine back!

4 weeks.

I was cleared to drink alcohol at 6wks.

My Dr. and I agreed that drinking was not a good idea period. For me it is a trigger for other bad behavior. I personally made the commitment that if I had to haul my ass up on an OR table and let a bunch of strangers cut out a perfectly good organ, I could put down the bottle. It isn't going to hurt me physically or socially if I don't take another drink. I don't need a drink to have a good time and I don't need to go back to where I have come from, and alcohol was one of the reasons that I was they way I was. Good luck with your choice.

In my opinion, since we lose the ability to consume large amount of food, our minds still don't lose that mentality of mass consumption. In other words, don't substitute alcohol for food because its something we can consume again in quantity. Plus with the ability to get anebriated faster, it can lead to bad habits.

I drank 2 months out. Bad idea for me!! I tolerated it well, not a problem, however it kicked me out of ketosis and I hit a stall for 2, almost 3 weeks. Soooo, no drinking for me for at least a year. And I'm good with that!

I've been in a stall for three weeks and before hand alcohol made me drop weight. It's weird how different the body takes it. I will wait the two months my dr says :)

Drinking makes you fat.

I think I had a shot at 2 months and a martini at close to 3. And right into my calorie tracker they went. :)

Drinking is empty calories and carbs.

While I don't drink much (maybe 4 drinks in a month, on average) I do occasionally enjoy a mixed drink, a glass of wine or a hard cider or microbrew. It is a very rare night that I have more than one drink in an evening. It's nice to know that eventually I will be able to have that occasional treat, which I will faithfully log and account for in my daily meal plan, just as I would any other treat :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST