Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lenox hill. And you?

Jacobi in the bronx

Hello my surgery date is July 19th which happens to be my late favorite aunt's birthday, so I see it as a lucky date for me to be "reborn " with the sleeve. I start my two week diet July 5th I am being sleeved by Dr. Weaver in Memphis, TN

Like you I am so anxious to get my surgery date and know that everything is a go. Do you have to be reapproved by insurance or will they use your other info from last time? I have a nut appt next week -

I think I will ask if they can give me some idea of a surgery date. Just want to keep up the forward motion!

Hello Divalicious9700, yay I am so happy that you have booked your endoscopy, one more of the list... getting closer and closer now for you.... yay...

I have got 6 weeks to go. I go and see my Dr again on the 5th june to get all the last minute details including times to be at hospital etc..

I'm very excited. It seems to be the only thing that I am thinking about at the moment. I'm looking forward to starting the journey to a smaller me and getting on with my life. Please let me know when you have your date, i'm sure that it won't be long at all now..

Love Lily xo

Like you I am so anxious to get my surgery date and know that everything is a go. Do you have to be reapproved by insurance or will they use your other info from last time? I have a nut appt next week -

I think I will ask if they can give me some idea of a surgery date. Just want to keep up the forward motion!

Good morning!!! I have to meet all of their requirements then get an approval. Last time I didn't get far enough in the process to get an approval before I started getting negative feedback from family and friends... I only did the the psych eval and sleep study. That's why I get so excited about each step forward in this process :-) I have an appt with the dietician next Wednesday. Once June gets here, it's going to be down hill for us!!! July is right around the corner!!!! Do they give us our date before or after the approval?

Hello Divalicious9700' date=' yay I am so happy that you have booked your endoscopy, one more of the list... getting closer and closer now for you.... yay...

I have got 6 weeks to go. I go and see my Dr again on the 5th june to get all the last minute details including times to be at hospital etc..

I'm very excited. It seems to be the only thing that I am thinking about at the moment. I'm looking forward to starting the journey to a smaller me and getting on with my life. Please let me know when you have your date, i'm sure that it won't be long at all now..

Love Lily xo[/quote']

Good morning!!! It looks like you're well on your way!! I'm so excited for you! Looks like you're going to have your surgery before we do! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. I'm looking forward to getting back to my old size, since 2003, I've gained 100lbs. My knees are going to be sooooo relieved!!! Please keep me posted! I'll be here cheering and praying for you!!!

Oh I'm so hearing you about your knees. My knee, one in particular is so bad at the moment. It's 9.15pm here and I'm lying in bed with a heat pack feeling very sorry for myself. Dr thinks that it will improve once I lose weight. It's really freezing here at the moment as well so I don't think that cold weather helps :(

I think that over here in. Oz land things must be done a lot differently as overhere we don't need to do the sleep study, not all people have the endoscopy. When you go and see your surgeon he gives you a date for surgery then and there, you do need to go and see a dietician, you can normally get in the next week to see dietician.I didn't need to see a psychologist either. In saying that though I did when I had my lap band so maybe that's the reason why I didn't have to again. Also in regards to insurance company, I just give my surgeon all my details and I don't need todo a thing. My friend just booked his surgery last week, he does need to have an endoscopy tomorrow and is going to see dietician next weeks. He's booked in for surgery 3 days after me.. It's funny how different places have different rules.. Anyway I'm going to call it a night, sweet dreams, take care and chat soon and I'll also spraying for you guys as well. Please let me know when you have a date.. I hope soon xxxxx

Oh I'm so hearing you about your knees. My knee, one in particular is so bad at the moment. It's 9.15pm here and I'm lying in bed with a heat pack feeling very sorry for myself. Dr thinks that it will improve once I lose weight. It's really freezing here at the moment as well so I don't think that cold weather helps :(

I think that over here in. Oz land things must be done a lot differently as overhere we don't need to do the sleep study, not all people have the endoscopy. When you go and see your surgeon he gives you a date for surgery then and there, you do need to go and see a dietician, you can normally get in the next week to see dietician.I didn't need to see a psychologist either. In saying that though I did when I had my lap band so maybe that's the reason why I didn't have to again. Also in regards to insurance company, I just give my surgeon all my details and I don't need todo a thing. My friend just booked his surgery last week, he does need to have an endoscopy tomorrow and is going to see dietician next weeks. He's booked in for surgery 3 days after me.. It's funny how different places have different rules.. Anyway I'm going to call it a night, sweet dreams, take care and chat soon and I'll also spraying for you guys as well. Please let me know when you have a date.. I hope soon xxxxx

By the way when you guys refer to a nut appointment. Does that mean a psychologist appointment lol !!!! Do you guys call psychologists nuts over there. That is hilarious if you do. I just told my hubby and we are both giggling now !!!

By the way when you guys refer to a nut appointment. Does that mean a psychologist appointment lol !!!! Do you guys call psychologists nuts over there. That is hilarious if you do. I just told my hubby and we are both giggling now !!!

Nutritionist!! Lmao!!

Oh nuts are nutritionists lol...... Well don't I feel silly now... Bloody dumb blonde over here in oz land.. I thought that it would be a bit cheeky calling psychologists nuts... Lol... Patients maybe... But psychologists.... Lol...now me and hubby are cracking up.... !!!!!

Hey there Divalicious! I'm not sure about the date thing - I talked to Kindra at the support group meeting and she said that they would submit my packet as soon as they got the written report from the head doctor even though I haven't completed all my prerequisites yet. I don't know if that means BCBS will go ahead and approve and then they will just submit all my other stuff when done or what. I know that the Riverside Group is a BCBS center of excellence for bariatric surgery so maybe they kind of work together more on this than normal. I just thought I would try to get them to give me a possible date to aim for! So sorry that you are having to go through this process again - don't let anyone talk you out of it this time - this is your life and you have chosen to give yourself the gift of a better life with better health. i'm here if you need me!