Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all... I am Terry from NJ. I was sceduled for May 15' date=' but I found.out during my Endo that I have "significant" ulcers. I have to deal with them. So now I am scheduled for July 17 - a little bumbed out but at least I will have time to rest in the summer...and take some nice walks![/quote']

My mom is having the same issue. She was supposed to have her sleeve months ago but the ulcer won't heal. They told her she has to have another endoscopy in July and if it hasn't improved she has to have a full gastric bypass to remove the ulcer because of where its located

Hi everyone! I am Lorie from Pittsburgh. I am so glad I found this post. It didn't seem like anyone was having surgery in July. I finish up my testing and required nutritional visits in June so I am aiming for a mid-July date. I can't wait!

Hey y'all! My surgery is scheduled for July 3rd in Mexico. I live in Georgia but am originally from Michigan. I am so excited about surgery! Good luck to you all!

Hi, thanks for your post. Well we are going to be sleeved at pretty much the same time, I'm the 2nd. Very excited, went and saw the surgeon today and will go back in 6 weeks to get all the final details. Heading off to the dietician next week.. Do any of you know yet how long before surgery you have to start the pre op shake diet.. ?

I'm looking at starting a Facebook page for us June, July, August Sleevers. I'll post when it's up and ready. I just need to get my daughter to help me do it... Computers and I are not really the best of friends. Love to you all. Hope you are all well. Lily :)

Hi' date=' thanks for your post. Well we are going to be sleeved at pretty much the same time, I'm the 2nd. Very excited, went and saw the surgeon today and will go back in 6 weeks to get all the final details. Heading off to the dietician next week.. Do any of you know yet how long before surgery you have to start the pre op shake diet.. ?

I'm looking at starting a Facebook page for us June, July, August Sleevers. I'll post when it's up and ready. I just need to get my daughter to help me do it... Computers and I are not really the best of friends. Love to you all. Hope you are all well. Lily :)[/quote']

Preop diet is different for each doctor. My doc wants 2 weeks. Some want 4 weeks, some want 2 days.

Thank you, wow I never knew that it depending on dr, I just thought it would be a standard routine thing. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that :)

Hi Lily,

I'm also on the GC and saw the dietician and psychologist today after deciding to investigate yesterday.

Reading this and other forums I've changed my mind about a dozen times already so I'm not completely there yet.

Who is doing your surgery?

Brendan

Thank you, wow I never knew that it depending on dr, I just thought it would be a standard routine thing. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that :)

My doc doesn't require a pre-op diet at all. I think I may still do one starting at 1 week just to get myself in the right head space.

Hi Everyone! I'm just wondering - when I went for my initial consultation with my surgeon and nutritionist - they put me on a "New Start" diet. Is that normal for everyone? I wasn't expecting to go on a diet right away so was a little bummed by not getting to have that long, last goodbye to some of my favorite things. My dr requires a 4 week pre-op liquid diet also. On the good side - I have lost 13 lbs already....Anybody ever worry that if you lose too much weight (I have a long, long way to go before that will be a problem!) they will tell you that you don't need the surgery??? I'm so antsy to get this done - it would break my heart if something like that happened!

I was told by my coordinator that the insurance only looks at your starting weight and BMI. I am encouraged to lose weight during my 5 month required nutritional visits but it is not required. They just don't want to see a gain.

13 lbs already...that's AWESOME!

I will be having surgery in July also, but don't have a date yet. I live in northern MI but surgery in Grand Rapids at St Mary's.

Hi Brendan,

I can totally relate, I also changed my mind a dozen times before deciding to go ahead. I had a lapband originally done at John Flynn with a surgeon whom I definitely would not recommend, in saying that he no longer is allowed to practice in Australia I believe.

I am now seeing Dr Gregory Nolan at Southport, after lots and lots of research and high recommendations from his patients, I can highly recommend him. He took my lap band out 2 weeks ago. I have to go and see a dietician next week down just behind the corporate centre, I can't remember what there business name is.

Who are you seeing Brendan ? I hope that you decide to go ahead with it. It would be nice to have a GC sleeve buddy.

Lily :)

I had my consultation about a week ago and they gave me a projected surgery date of July. I am seeing a nutritionist once per month through July and I have my Psych eval on May 7th. July seems like it's NEXT YEAR! Lol I started this process in 2010 and changed my mind due to my family thinking I could do it on my own... At this point, I decided not to consult with my friends and family... I only consulted with my hubby and he's fully supporting me. I'm very excited! July can't get here quick enough!!!

I believe my surgery will end up being in August also. In the process with all the tests and drs appointments now. My last appt with nutritionist is on Jul 15th. Just joined this site so haven't had time to add picture' date=' etc. I originally was going to do the lap band but my doctor talked me out of it! I'm so excited - can't wait to get this done so that I can get that "helping hand" to get myself back in shape and able to live my life the way I want to again. My name's Terri and I'm from Columbia, South Carolina.[/quote']

Terri, I think we will be getting sleeved at the sane time in the same place! Lol My name is Sunshine (Yes, that's my real name lol) my last appointment with my nutritionist is on July 16th and I am in Columbia SC as well. (Dr. Antoinetti) :-)

Girl! This is too cool! We have to be sleeve buddies!! Sorry I didn't answer last night - I was doing my "Lack of sleep Study". I actually LOVE the name Sunshine! What dates are your nutrition classes? I go on May 8th @ 1:30, June 5th @1:30 and then my last appt with the nutritionist on the 15th. Have you been to any of the Support Group meetings yet? I can't go to the one in May because I have a hair appt that evening. My hairdresser is scheduled out 6 months in advance and if I miss an appt - it's very hard to get back in the rotation AND I end up looking like my profile picture. This is great - we can help each other through this adventure. I did my Endoscopy on Monday, Sleep Study last night and I have my "Head" doctor appt on Tuesday, then my stress test on Wednesday. Really, really worried about that stress test thing - never had one before and I'm afraid I'll keel over!!