Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree! Regardless of what the scale says, what a great piece of evidence that your stomach is looking smalller.

Oh definitely! But I am a bit sad that I didn't make my first short term goal. That feels a little like a failure.

Oh definitely! But I am a bit sad that I didn't make my first short term goal. That feels a little like a failure.

Don't set goals by dates, set goals like once you hit a certain weight you get something new or just hitting a number in itself is a goal. My first goal is 199 and I'm at 201. I don't have a date on it, it's my goal because I will be under 200 at that point. Im currently 30lbs down from where I started and I while I still have awhile til I met my long term goal I have a ton more energy to enjoy life and do things with my kids. It's not about time goals it's all about weight goals and feeling good about yourself!

I heard that there was a three week stall' date=' does anyone know what's that about? When does it usually end? I got to my third week and I've only lost half a pound after four days. I hate to call it a stall because I can tell my stomach looks smaller and my clothes keep getting looser.... it's just frustrating that the scale numbers won't budge especially because I had a short term goal of 169 by the 7th and I'm still 5 pounds away.[/quote']

I have been stalled now for 3 weeks. The stall started at week 3. I am trying hard not to focus on that because I still get compliments and feel my body changing although not on the scale. I did some research on it this morning because I was getting concerned and it seems it is fairly common so I am not as worried. I will just be glad when I break through the stall. Hard to think of a stall and I am only in taking 600 calories per day. Recommendations have been: increase Water and more activity which I plan to do. I hope that works.

I have been stalled now for 3 weeks. The stall started at week 3. I am trying hard not to focus on that because I still get compliments and feel my body changing although not on the scale. I did some research on it this morning because I was getting concerned and it seems it is fairly common so I am not as worried. I will just be glad when I break through the stall. Hard to think of a stall and I am only in taking 600 calories per day. Recommendations have been: increase Water and more activity which I plan to do. I hope that works.

I'm about the same 600-800 cal a day. Someone suggested to me to increase my calories. I did increase my exercising. And I increased my Water today! Fingers crossed something works! Good luck to you!

I made cream of potato Soup tonight and thinned it out a bunch with skim milk. I guess I ate to fast/ to much/ maybe to early for my body. i only ate maybe 1/3-1/4 of a cup. But now I feel like I have something that comes up in my throat. I can't throw it up so I am praying that it goes down soon. I am scared that I might have hurt my staple line?? I am 6 days post op and like I said thinned cream Soups were on the list maybe potato isn't in that group... Help...

It will work wonders for you.

The heating pad did wonders for me as well. Had terrible gas pains... Even moved to my back shoulder! They are gone now thank goodness but my lower left incision has been bothering me. I get a pulling sensation with a sharp pain Hope it lets up soon.... Happens more after I go for a walk.

The heating pad did wonders for me as well. Had terrible gas pains... Even moved to my back shoulder! They are gone now thank goodness but my lower left incision has been bothering me. I get a pulling sensation with a sharp pain Hope it lets up soon.... Happens more after I go for a walk.

When I went to my post-op visit I discussed with my doctor the matter of my lower right incision, the largest one. They dais because that is where they removed the stomach it would hurt more. I have discovered that since all the swelling is down the extra tummy flab is pulling amid makes all of my incisions hurt a bit. I'm wearing a compression garment or ab binder to stop the pulling. It helps a lot.

I made cream of potato Soup tonight and thinned it out a bunch with skim milk. I guess I ate to fast/ to much/ maybe to early for my body. i only ate maybe 1/3-1/4 of a cup. But now I feel like I have something that comes up in my throat. I can't throw it up so I am praying that it goes down soon. I am scared that I might have hurt my staple line?? I am 6 days post op and like I said thinned cream Soups were on the list maybe potato isn't in that group... Help...

I doubt you did any lasting damage, but if you're worried call the surgeon's office.

At 6 days out its pretty normal to only be able to manage a spoonful or two at a time, and any more than that becomes uncomfortable or even painful.

Remember, your little tummy is still very swollen so there's really not much room in there! Make sure you go slowly, and the soup shouldn't have any chunks in it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

I doubt you did any lasting damage' date=' but if you're worried call the surgeon's office.

At 6 days out its pretty normal to only be able to manage a spoonful or two at a time, and any more than that becomes uncomfortable or even painful.

Remember, your little tummy is still very swollen so there's really not much room in there! Make sure you go slowly, and the Soup shouldn't have any chunks in it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST[/quote']

I did call the doctor and the nurse said that this point it's sealed and I couldn't "bust it open with full liquid diet" I have also noticed today that I have that knot or notice it off and on today. And they said it could be inflamed from being intubated. The soup I ate was all liquid I made it with skim milk and then let it cool, put in the blender then through strainer before I ate it. We will see how soup tonight goes. Thanks- late last night I was just super nervous, I am good now!!! Thanks

One year updates, anyone? Come check in and tell us how you're doing! PM me if you're interested in joining a July '13 only online support group, too--if you haven't already!

One year out and doing great! I had surgery July 2nd 2013 at Swedish Hospital Seattle WA and my high weight before surgery was 330 lbs, size 26-28, 4x. I am now 173lbs, wear a size 12 in most stuff, large shirt, and have even lost a shoe size. I would like to lose 20 more lbs but I'm fine where I am if I don't lose another pound as well. I have no more sleep apnea, more high blood pressure and I can walk/run/row...do anything I want now! I have noticed folks do treat you differently when you're thinner...more friendly, chatty and more smiles. It's strange going into store with normal size clothing and browsing, all the while thinking they are going to find me out any minute and tell me the big girls store is down the block. Sometimes I feel I've always been this new size and shocked when I see the old me in pictures, and sometimes I feel large still, look in the mirror and I'm shocked. It's been a great journey and I'm so glad I did it!

post-171228-0-72166700-1405094847_thumb.jpg

Amazing job to everyone posting. Some lose less some more and all on different schedules. I keep reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a race. I have not posted any pictures, but I wanted to for my 1 year anniversary. I feel amazing, my children are so proud of me. This has been the single best thing I have done for myself and am so grateful to have had the ability and availability to such a life changing procedure. Oh and as a special treat, I turned 40 in May and have never felt better.

Surgery date July 10, 2013

HW 215

SW 210

CW 157

Goal 145 (still to come)

Can't wait to hear about other's first year!!!

post-176395-0-82344400-1405133800_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChaoticBliss

My doctor has put me on the book for 07/30/2014 surgery, I have my final weigh in and pre-op with my doctor on tomorrow. It has been a long 6 months to get to this point, I hope everything goes through with the insurance. I am excited and nervous at the same time.