Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the last 2 days when ive finished my Protein Shake, I've started sweating, jade a rapid pulse, felt the blood rushing through my arms, and been nauseous. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Im 2 weeks out today.

That happen to me after meatballs...oh how it sucks....

Call your dr and/or nut...always be cautious....especially in the first six weeks...

Yes- I thought I was the only one to have this happen after drinking one of my shakes. I didn't notice the sweating but I swear my heart pounds for 20 minutes afterward. I asked the NUT and she said it was probably dumping but I'm not 100% convinced.

2 weeks...

Yep I think it's dumping.. I totally cheated and had like 3 spoonfuls of ice cream ( sounded really good at the time) I think the whole episode lasted about 20 minutes or so. Heart racing, sick to my stomach. I'm only 16 days out. I knew better but the old habits snuck up on me. Lets just say I learned my lesson!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am on soft puree. .. I grinned it and.water.it down still made me.sick

I'm 6 months post op and that still happens every now and then. I've had it happen after eating spicy wings, ice cream, collard greens, etc. Sometimes it will happen and other times it wont. If I eat a Atkins bar that makes me dump for the whole day! I stay away from those but the other stuff only has me running to the toilet twice and once it's out of my system I'm fine. I don't get a racing heart but I do sweat.

I got this probably 6 times post op from either eating something too early ( for me) or eating something too fast. It is quite an experience and feels slightly disorientating with the blood rushing out of the head, ears ringing, fading to black, sweating, shaky, etc. It does not happen any more. It occurred most from month 2 to month 5. I am month 9 now.

I had this happen a few times in the early weeks. It stopped around six or eight weeks post-op and I have not had any issues since (I'm 9 months out now).

I got this probably 6 times post op from either eating something too early ( for me) or eating something too fast. It is quite an experience and feels slightly disorientating with the blood rushing out of the head' date=' ears ringing, fading to black, sweating, shaky, etc. It does not happen any more. It occurred most from month 2 to month 5. I am month 9 now.[/quote']

Yes me too! I'm 2almost 3 months out and this happened the other day I think because I ate too fast! It freaked me out!

I'm so confused....I thought sleevers weren't suppose to have dumping? Now I'm getting scared again! :blink: