Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so nervous about my surgery tomorrow! I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm just worried about the pain I think but I have a pretty high pain tolerance... This is the first surgery I've ever had and I'm freaking out!

Can anyone tell me a little about the pain factor? I know it's different for everyone but I'd love to hear everyone's experience.

Also, how long did the worst pain and nausea occur? I've heard a couple days but has anyone experienced anything different?

Thanks for all of your replies!!

I'm so nervous about my surgery tomorrow! I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm just worried about the pain I think but I have a pretty high pain tolerance... This is the first surgery I've ever had and I'm freaking out!

Can anyone tell me a little about the pain factor? I know it's different for everyone but I'd love to hear everyone's experience.

Also' date=' how long did the worst pain and nausea occur? I've heard a couple days but has anyone experienced anything different?

Thanks for all of your replies!![/quote']

I just had my surgery April 1st. So 1 week post up. The worst for me were gas pains in my upper stomach and back and nausea. But by day 3 I was feeling so much better. Good luck

My surgery was mar 22. The worst for me was also all of the gas pains in your chest. I also had a severe Migraine the first 24 hours. Once I could get fluids down they gave me a migraine pill and I felt much better on that end. I just started on puréed foods , some go down easy and others it feels like all of that gas pain from the first day is back but I know it will get better. Good luck to you, you will be fine!

My surgery is tomorrow too :) Best of luck to you!!!

Also' date=' how long did the worst pain and nausea occur? I've heard a couple days but has anyone experienced anything different?

Thanks for all of your replies!![/quote']

I too have a high tolerance for pain and to me the surgery was very easy! The third day after surgery was prolly the worst day for me bc of all the gas but it passed! Just get up and walk walk walk as soon as they will let you, it will help so much with the gas!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! I will say a Lil prayer for ya!!! :)

You can do it... Saying a lil prays.....

The sleeve surgery was easy for me. Just do exactly what they tell you. Get up and start walking when they tell you to. It will help the pressure in your chest others mentioned to metabolize faster. It's not in your intestines, so you can't "pass" it. Attitude is everything! Have a great one and you'll do great!! Best to you!!

Day 1 your pretty much outta it. Day two for me was the "what the heck did it do" stage. Pain, gas and them pumping you with fluids and you gotta pee all the time. Gets much better when you go home and can sleep in your own bed. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good luck to you. Day 3 was the worst for me but nothing I couldn't handle

Praying for you, I'm sure you'll do great! Make sure you have gas X and anti nausea meds and you'll be fine....walk, walk, walk and drink, drink, drink! Keep us posted :)

I'm tomorrow too!

I should be trying to sleep, but I'm nervous also (especially after signing my first will!)

Let's all check back in tomorrow!

The pain was not bad for me at all, I didn't even take pain meds. I took gas x to prevent gas pains and walked as soon as I was allowed. Walk, walk, walk.....that's the trick. Good Luck!

I was sleeved on 3/29. I had my post op appt today and in those 10 days I have lost 21 lbs :) Day 1 at the hospital I was pretty much out of it. I did get a medicine pump where I was able to push the button every 6 minutes for the "good stuff" (but I didn't) I only pushed the button when I had to get up to use the rest-room or if I was in excruciating pain. Day 2 I felt like super woman...did laps around the nurses station a couple times per day (but then again I had the good medicine. Day 3 I felt like crap since my good medicine was discontinued. I was given liquid Vicodin and that really didn't help. I did suffer a lot from nausea but never did vomit. I did experience chest and back/left shoulder pain but it was due to the gas, so walk walk walk to get that gas moving. I've never felt so happy until day 5 when I finally FARTED!! Lol. It's hard to pass gas and it can be painful, but again, everyone is different. By day 6 I finally felt 95% better :). It takes time, Patience, rest, and lots of walking. You will do great!!! Best of wishes to you and keep us updated :) Goodluck.