Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been very interested in this procedure. Please share your outcome with us. There does not seem to be a lot of doctors doing this procedure but I am hopeful that will change by the time I'm ready for the next step.

A Doctor at Geisinger pioneered this procedure. Here is some information for Geisinger:

http://www.redefineyourself.com/corset_trunk/250_lb_loss.html

Also another article: http://www.corsettrunkplasty.com/images/PSP-November-2012.pdf

I will definitely share. I think we have to help each other get thru this. It's a tough process & takes a lot of work & heart.

What is body contouring?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just what it sounds like, the outlines of your "true" shape are used, contouring you, the excess skin is snipped away following that outline. The trunkplasty (Ive heard) can leave you with a more mannish shape, taking away your curved outline.

But' date=' won't you have a big vertical scar straight down your stomach? Why not do body contouring instead?[/quote']

Yes, I will have a large scar down the middle of my belly. Because of the amount of skin I have (I was 358 at my highest) on my upper, middle & lower stomach I need more than contouring. The reason this is called a corset is because of the tiny waist & curves achieved. I've seen the surgeons photos & none of the women look manly. Compared to what my stomach & skin looks like now, the scar is nothing. I wasn't 50, 75, or 100 pounds overweight, I was 175-200 pounds overweight. Many people that were only bigger for 10 years or way less have less skin. I've been overweight for over 20 years. I had 2 csections. i did a lot of damage that my skin can't recover from.

Thank you for posting about this. I've looked into a number of procedures and honestly felt that most of the other methods for tightening the midsection weren't enough for what I need - basically from bra line to pubis - and the anchor cut would have been necessary for me anyway because of how my loose skin is and due to the significant muscle separation I have there. I already have a road map of stretch marks so what's another scar to me? It's not like I'm trotting out in a bikini, ever!

Please do share your before and afters and keep posting as you recover (though I'm sure you'll be exhausted for a while!) so we can see the results!

~Cheri

Thank you for posting about this. I've looked into a number of procedures and honestly felt that most of the other methods for tightening the midsection weren't enough for what I need - basically from bra line to pubis - and the anchor cut would have been necessary for me anyway because of how my loose skin is and due to the significant muscle separation I have there. I already have a road map of stretch marks so what's another scar to me? It's not like I'm trotting out in a bikini' date=' ever!

Please do share your before and afters and keep posting as you recover (though I'm sure you'll be exhausted for a while!) so we can see the results!

~Cheri[/quote']

You are very welcome! I don't care how exhausted I am I will be taking pictures ASAP so I can visualize what I'll look like without the swelling. Otherwise when I puff up for awhile ill freak myself out. Lol. I'll not be wearing a bikini, but I'm hoping for this monokini. :)

Thank you for all your posts Cheri, you are a huge inspiration to me!

post-31248-13813665082444_thumb.jpg

I want someone to install one of those handle things on the top of my head so I can just turn it every so often & pull everything up a little tighter! :-/

Ugh. Do you really want to look like Joan Rivers? She looks like more like a Muppet than a human being these days.

Ugh. Do you really want to look like Joan Rivers? She looks like more like a Muppet than a human being these days.

Lol. Don't forget Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton totally look like plastic.

Kristie - Awesome work in weight loss!!! I'm curious why you choose this one over say a lower body lift? I'm just trying to educate myself here... thanks

Kristie - Awesome work in weight loss!!! I'm curious why you choose this one over say a lower body lift? I'm just trying to educate myself here... thanks

The lower body lift was not going to get the excess skin on my upper & middle part of my stomach. Believe me,I asked my surgeon as well. He also feels that even though the incisions are larger, this is a less invasive surgery, that's why only one drain. Because I started so big I have a large amount of skin on my belly.

He also feels that even though the incisions are larger, this is a less invasive surgery, that's why only one drain.

Yes, I even read some sites yesterday (doing my own research now that you posted, thank you!) where the surgeon doesn't even use a drain. Insanity! The drains are above and beyond one of the biggest complaints people seem to have post op - using drains for weeks on end isn't comfortable. And let's not lie...it's gross. :)

I'd be interested to hear how the healing goes for you. I'm starting to think that if I address this issue - my midsection - first, I can have surgery sooner rather than later. I'd been focusing on saving up upwards of $20K for a full body lift but in reality, all I really need to have done to be happy would be tummy and breasts. Thighs would be nice, but very few surgeons do really great thighs (Dr. Siamak Agha does them best, from what I've seen) so I'd be reluctant to have a thigh lift of any sort done in any case. Big scars, painful and challenging recovery and not always the best results.

~Cheri

CLK, I've seen some beautiful thigh work (did I really just write that sentence? lol) on realself.com I hope to achieve and maintain goal so that I can someday get *the works* - upper arms, torso, thighs, breasts using recycled fat from the rest of my body, and maybe even a neck lift/jawline sharpening. Not to mention something for the forehead lines and cheekbown to mouth dashes. And you know what, I don't see it as vanity like some narcissistic orange county housewife, I see it as reconstructive surgery after extensive damage.

Thanks for the info, and you're absolutely right about it being reconstructive surgery!

~cheri