Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes' date=' I even read some sites yesterday (doing my own research now that you posted, thank you!) where the surgeon doesn't even use a drain. Insanity! The drains are above and beyond one of the biggest complaints people seem to have post op - using drains for weeks on end isn't comfortable. And let's not lie...it's gross. :)

I'd be interested to hear how the healing goes for you. I'm starting to think that if I address this issue - my midsection - first, I can have surgery sooner rather than later. I'd been focusing on saving up upwards of 20K for a full body lift but in reality, all I really need to have done to be happy would be tummy and breasts. Thighs would be nice, but very few surgeons do really great thighs (Dr. Siamak Agha does them best, from what I've seen) so I'd be reluctant to have a thigh lift of any sort done in any case. Big scars, painful and challenging recovery and not always the best results.

~Cheri[/quote']

Cheri,

I'm starting to get really nervous! 28 days & counting. I'm so excited to look somewhat normal, sure I look good in pictures but naked? I'm a big ole mess. The doctor says if the drain falls out early its no big deal. I was surprised by this.

I also think the corset trunkplasty & breasts would be enough to make me happy. My arms & thighs I think will shrink some on their own. To give you an idea, the corset was $8600 including anesthesia & facility (here in KY).

I've been told the recovery for this is pretty bad. But I know it going in & I'm mentally prepared. I will definitely keep y'all posted. Have I mentioned I'm nervous?!?!? 0_o

Kristie

Kristie' date=' I may have missed it in the thread....Who is your surgeon? Where is he located? I'm in Ohio and the closer to home the better for me! Thanks.[/quote']

Dr Michael J Bass out of Lexington, KY.

The arms are important to me, they can *make* your look of true weight loss, Oprah would go in cycles of loss and gain and periods of extended fitness but, no matter how great she looked, those arms always seemed to detract from all the hard work she did. I always wondered, with more money than god, why she never got an arm lift, probably didn't want to take the time for recovery.. I saw a photo of myself dancing, when I was at my most fit and strong, I was working out like 6 times a week, hard core crossfit and dancing and running and P90X, and this photo just crushed me to pieces because there I was, with a big soft flabby marshmallow looking upper arm draped around my dance partner. Not fair! I looked at the rest of me and if those arms were just average, I would look absolutely not fat.

The arms are important to me' date=' they can *make* your look of true weight loss, Oprah would go in cycles of loss and gain and periods of extended fitness but, no matter how great she looked, those arms always seemed to detract from all the hard work she did. I always wondered, with more money than god, why she never got an arm lift, probably didn't want to take the time for recovery.. I saw a photo of myself dancing, when I was at my most fit and strong, I was working out like 6 times a week, hard core crossfit and dancing and running and P90X, and this photo just crushed me to pieces because there I was, with a big soft flabby marshmallow looking upper arm draped around my dance partner. Not fair! I looked at the rest of me and if those arms were just average, I would look absolutely not fat.[/quote']

I'll keep that in mind. Even though I've lost a massive amount of weight, where I work out extensively my arms are pretty good. Just a slight wobble underneath. The plastic surgeon even looked at me funny when I mentioned my arms. I never understood Oprah either, I would definitely have lined up for the best plastic surgeon in the world. And I would've had a sleeve put in after I saw the weight starting to creep back on again. No way I would've done all that work to get so tiny & balloon back up. No WAY!

I'm starting to get SUPER nervous! I meet for the final time with the surgeon tomorrow, then it's 13 days to surgery. O_0

PS: I spoke to the surgeon & he also tacks the stomach muscles during the corset trunkplasty like they do with a Tummy Tuck. He says that after being very heavy or having children your ab muscles drop & need to be put back in place. That is supposed to be the most painful part of the surgery recovery wise but I know I need it done!

Kristie

I'm starting to get SUPER nervous! I meet for the final time with the surgeon tomorrow' date=' then it's 13 days to surgery. O_0

PS: I spoke to the surgeon & he also tacks the stomach muscles during the corset trunkplasty like they do with a Tummy Tuck. He says that after being very heavy or having children your ab muscles drop & need to be put back in place. That is supposed to be the most painful part of the surgery recovery wise but I know I need it done!

Kristie[/quote']

You'll do well! I just got done with my surgeries on Monday, and if you're in the best shape if your life and eating healthy with lots of Protein, you're going to be just fine! :-)

Those of us that have had such a substantial weight loss DO look different than those women that are just going in for a quick tummy tuck, but we look better than we looked with all the loose skin! No one talks about that here, but it IS an improvement - just not perfect.

I am 65 pounds over my ideal weight but sometimes I'll stand in front of the full length mirror in my work trowsers and lift up all of my stomach area, to see what my pants would fit like if I had a flat stomach and it makes a HUGE FRICKIN' DIFFERENCE!! It gives me confirmation that so long as I can reach and maintain under 140, plastics really will take care of the rest.

Interesting articles. Still losing so don't know what I will need/want,

I am 65 pounds over my ideal weight but sometimes I'll stand in front of the full length mirror in my work trowsers and lift up all of my stomach area' date=' to see what my pants would fit like if I had a flat stomach and it makes a HUGE FRICKIN' DIFFERENCE!! It gives me confirmation that so long as I can reach and maintain under 140, plastics really will take care of the rest.[/quote']

Have you ever tried measuring around your hips, under the skin? My hips measure into a size 8 pants. That really helped me!

Oh, I can also admit to leaning over in front of the mirror or pinching up my skin and seeing what's underneath! Like all women, I have my days where I'm just not feeling in love with my naked self (particularly in this postpartum phase) and I'll just feel sloppy and unhappy about the skin in my middle. But then I'll pull it all up to where it would be if I had my plastics and yeah...there's a FLAT stomach and a SKINNY woman under that loose skin. It's not any stretch to think that plastics would take care of it and get me down to my dream goal in the mid-high 120s (assuming I do lose the final 8 pounds back to my maintenance weight!) and maybe I'd even lose a pant size in the process. Not sure, but it could happen!

I like what my Shapewear does for me, but a life free of it would be SO wonderful. I'm already saving my pennies and hope to have surgery by next summer. We'll see!

I hope you're not feeling too nervous as you count down to your surgery date. How exciting!

~Cheri

Thanks for sharing the articles. Have never heard of that procedure. I'm only 6 months out, so it will be awhile before I can do anything though.

Yeah it is so frustrating as we head into summer, to have worked so hard in order to not be trapped in the heavy thick punishment clothes that were our only option Before, now we fit into lovely thin cotton sundresses and summers aren't as excruciating because our smaller fitter bodies regulate the heat better, but we are still punished because we end up encases in this non-breathable Shapewear and are still wearing little light sweaters in summer, to cover our marshmallow arms, grrr!!

Yeah it is so frustrating as we head into summer' date=' to have worked so hard in order to not be trapped in the heavy thick punishment clothes that were our only option Before, now we fit into lovely thin cotton sundresses and summers aren't as excruciating because our smaller fitter bodies regulate the heat better, but we are still punished because we end up encases in this non-breathable Shapewear and are still wearing little light sweaters in summer, to cover our marshmallow arms, grrr!![/quote']

That is SO true! I can't wait to get out of the shape wear. I have peed my pants more times than I can count trying to unsnap my romper. Lucky I'm colder natured now but I still break out in a sweat a baseball games. 12 days & counting! But even then I have to wear the doctors girdle thing for 4-6 weeks. 0_o