Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your surgery?

Hey guys!! Today is the big day!! I will be having surgery at 12pm. I was wondering how Long was the surgery and were you about to have someone stay with you in the hospital over night?

Hey guys!! Today is the big day!! I will be having surgery at 12pm. I was wondering how Long was the surgery and were you about to have someone stay with you in the hospital over night?

The doctor said mine took about an hour and a half. I didn't have anyone stay overnight. All I wanted to do was sleep. Be sure to walk and drink! Good luck :)

Mine was about 2 hours and my mom was with me in Mexicali.

mine was under 1 1/2 hours.. Good luck! Walk and sip!

A little over an hour and my 15 and 17 year old sons stayed the night.

Mine was about 45 minutes. I could have someone with me in the hospital for my entire stay if I wanted... they bring an extra bed if you have someone staying with you.

Mine was about 45 minutes. I could have someone with me in the hospital for my entire stay if I wanted... they bring an extra bed if you have someone staying with you.

Well your hospital seems nicer than nice. The nurse that called me Friday to confirm my time for today was kind of rude. I hope someone tells me my mother can stay with me.

mine was about 2 hours, and nobody stayed with me over night. There wouldn't really be much use for them as all you do is sleep, and get up to walk, then sleep more. The nurses are also in a lot to check on you. Unless you really need the support, i'd let your person stay home and get some good rest. They can come see you the next day and stay as long as you want. Good luck today!

Mine was a little under a hour and my dad stayed with me but I stayed in a hotel and my DR came to see me there all I did was sleep the first night not a lot of pain

Mine took less than an hour and I was by myself the whole time until I went home. I felt pretty good and didn't really need an extra person around that I would have had to talk to:)

Mine was about a hour. My mom stayed with me, and made me get up and walk every hour. I think this really helped with my speedy recovery. I was off all pain meds by three days after the surgery. The more you walk the faster you get the gas out of your body cavity.

Well your hospital seems nicer than nice. The nurse that called me Friday to confirm my time for today was kind of rude. I hope someone tells me my mother can stay with me.

First of all, good luck today and speedy recovery! I second the advice to walk and sip. It's the biggest favor you can do for yourself!

Second, All you need to do is inform them you will have someone staying with you. You tell them, don't let them tell you. Be assertive! :)

My surgery was less than an hour. My hubby stayed with me, was only there one night because I was fine the next day. Somehow, I got parked in a beautiful two room VIP suite! When I was awake and got up to walked, I looked around and asked hubby if they thought I was someone famous?? Still don't know how that happened but I sure wasn't going to ask questions! lol! Was shame to waste it with just me. :)

Mines was 2hours and 11 mins, however my gallbladder was removed and I also had a hernia repaired. Typically I believe it takes 1.5 hours. My mother is a nurse and she stayed the night with me.

Good Luck with your surgery ;) I am exactly 1 week in front of you.. I had my surgery last Monday 18lbs down so far, no preop diet.

Thank you all for the love!!! I've already been checked in. I'm nervous and not looking forward to the pain afterwards.

Thank you all for the love!!! I've already been checked in. I'm nervous and not looking forward to the pain afterwards.

Mine was an hour and a half also and my hubby was gonna stay the night but I told him to go sleep in a real bed, I knew he wouldn't get very good sleep there at the hospital with me.

You will do fine! My pain wasn't too bad, ill pray yours isn't either! Have fun! ;)