Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 12 weeks post op, and for the first time had this very same burger over the weekend. I was able to eat most of it, but at 3 weeks I could not of eaten it. I remember at your stage feeling hungry very often too. Try to stick to your surgeons eating plan and you'll be fine. :)

BREAKING NEWS......deh deh deh deh (news noises)......NEIGHBOR STABBED AND KILLED BY RECENT WLS PATIENT!!!! PATIENT INSISTS IT WAS ON DOCTORS ORDERS......NEIGHBOR FOUND WITH A FORK STUCK IN THEIR CHEST....

LOL You can cut just about anything with a fork if you want to :) You just have to buy good forks!

I know! I am scared that I am not doing my sleeve any favors. Today for lunch I was able to eat a small Wendy's chili over 30 minutes. I am full and satisfied now but didn't have any pain while eating like I did in the beginning when I started soft foods. I have to burp alot which seems to make more room. What is wrong with me?? I typically eat soft foods and healthy since the surgery. I flubbed up with the cb. I know this but I'm don't feel as restricted as I initially did with things feeling stuck or hurting. I think of the chili really as a slider food which means U can eat more typically. I don't know. What do u think!?

Really' date=' cuz I could cut an apple with a fork if I so desired...and yet at six months I'm just cleared for it. Either you had a really bad doctor or you're leaving some information out of the equation.

bread swells in your stomach, and yes it's easily cut with a fork, as is cake, Pasta, rice, etc. All are dangerous during the first six weeks because you are likely able to eat more than your swollen stomach can handle. That and shreds of meat in a suture line are a recipe for disaster.

Just because you can, does not mean you should. Eating a small burger three weeks out is asking to be put back in the hospital. Following the "fork" guidelines is just as dangerous. If that is a doctors diet guidelines while healing...you need a new doctor![/quote']

I had a great surgeon. He was fellowship trained at Duke... I guess you could take that rule out of context. Maybe I should have said anything you can cut easily with a fork. Of course no raw veggies, nuts, seeds, etc... The usual.

Maybe , just hold off on that kind of food for awhile . Or maybe cut up the burger and put it on half a potatoe. I wasn't cleared to eat solid food for 7 weeks post of , liquid ,mushy ,soft . We are all learing how to live the right way , you are going to mess up just like most of us will . I ate a ton of Easter candy this weekend , and knew with every bite that I was messing up . We didn't get overweigh by being perfect , so just do the best you can do for you .

MissT how far out post op are u??

First I applaud you for you honesty.It was very brave to put that on here.But they are right you want to take it slow and follow your plan.You will be able to have it someday in moderation but just not this soon or just minus the bun.

I am 4 weeks out tomorrow and I did 3 weeks of liquids so just started soft foods last Thursday. Introducing new foods slowly. A Protein shake in the morning, 3 teeny, tiny meals and shake before bed. Getting about 600 or so calories per day most of the calories still coming from the shakes.

April will be exciting for me as I progress but I a have also named April as "Be kind to my sleeve month" I figure if I am kind to it, it will be kind to me in the future so the point is: what's the hurry to eat all the things I used to? I know I should be able to eat most anything in due time, of course just not a lot of it but for now slow and easy wins with race.

Have not had any adverse reactions to the foods or amounts but I measure carefully and if my 30 minute timer goes off before I finish, I stop. Yesterday was my first try at shaved deli turkey per my diet but after 30 minutes I was only half way through my quarter cup so I stopped. It felt heavier so I think I'll wait another week before I try it again. Just because it's on my doctors list of approval, my new tiny tummy has the final word so I best listen to it and not rush things.

tacobell is my go to fast food place. Everyone laughs at me because i used to say the only time i eat taco bell is 3 in the morning drunk and nothing else is open hahaha. But i get the refired Beans and a plan taco with nothing on it. take the meat from the taco ad it to the refired Beans with some cheese. Its pretty good cant have it often tho cause its like a brick in the stomach.

My first "meal" was an order of refried beans added ground beef from Taco Bell! The serving lasted me for 3 meals! Loved every bite of it!!!

I had a great surgeon. He was fellowship trained at Duke... I guess you could take that rule out of context. Maybe I should have said anything you can cut easily with a fork. Of course no raw veggies' date=' nuts, seeds, etc... The usual.[/quote']

The thing is....people read here exactly what you wrote and because you said it's ok, they cut up their neighbor with a good fork :P Or eat a vegie or hamburger or bread....people aren't terribly bright and they'd rather read permission given by something here then "god forbid" do what their doctor told them.

I expected there was more to your rule than you shared, hence pointing it out. Sorry but it's important.

I know! I am scared that I am not doing my sleeve any favors. Today for lunch I was able to eat a small Wendy's chili over 30 minutes. I am full and satisfied now but didn't have any pain while eating like I did in the beginning when I started soft foods. I have to burp alot which seems to make more room. What is wrong with me?? I typically eat soft foods and healthy since the surgery. I flubbed up with the cb. I know this but I'm don't feel as restricted as I initially did with things feeling stuck or hurting. I think of the chili really as a slider food which means U can eat more typically. I don't know. What do u think!?

I don't often rip someone a new one...but you tempt me dear. Obviously you are leak free so far, dang lucky given you don't seem to worry about them at all! It's a slip up to break a diet pre surgery, it's a suicide attempt to do so after the surgery and if you don't understand that you shouldn't have had the surgery. I had a leak, not from being stupid (ok I wasn't...we'll leave the medical folks out of that) it's a death threat. Do you understand? that freaking burger could KILL you! And worse you might live through the hell that is the treatment for a leak! Literally I never understood the kind of torture that a medical professional could administer in the name of curing you. My ribs were spread while I was awake! Garden hoses shoved into my chest while awake. Knitting needle sized tubes stuffed down my back while awake. PAIN and SUFFERING and I'm one tough chick!

Don't wonder and don't be so unconcerned as to call it "flubbing". Another big F word might make sense, but understand, you are trying to kill yourself and you don't take it seriously. Measure, weigh and stick to the damn rules at lest for the first two months, then if you want to flub up, what the hell, it's your body, but don't come here and throw such horrible choices in the faces of people who take this seriously.

OK there....tough love, but really....think for gods sake. And that was me being "nice" about it.

I don't often rip someone a new one...but you tempt me dear. Obviously you are leak free so far, dang lucky given you don't seem to worry about them at all! It's a slip up to break a diet pre surgery, it's a suicide attempt to do so after the surgery and if you don't understand that you shouldn't have had the surgery. I had a leak, not from being stupid (ok I wasn't...we'll leave the medical folks out of that) it's a death threat. Do you understand? that freaking burger could KILL you! And worse you might live through the hell that is the treatment for a leak! Literally I never understood the kind of torture that a medical professional could administer in the name of curing you. My ribs were spread while I was awake! Garden hoses shoved into my chest while awake. Knitting needle sized tubes stuffed down my back while awake. PAIN and SUFFERING and I'm one tough chick!

Don't wonder and don't be so unconcerned as to call it "flubbing". Another big F word might make sense, but understand, you are trying to kill yourself and you don't take it seriously. Measure, weigh and stick to the damn rules at lest for the first two months, then if you want to flub up, what the hell, it's your body, but don't come here and throw such horrible choices in the faces of people who take this seriously.

OK there....tough love, but really....think for gods sake. And that was me being "nice" about it.

Applaud!

Well I'm sure if her stomach tolerated it , then it's fine only she knows her body . I don't why everyone always has to be so hateful ! Annoying !!! It's her body let her do what she wants . Obviously she's alive and not in the Er . Plus all drs have different guidelines on food intake . Back off people and stop hating.

I'm 10 weeks out and there's no way I could eat that.

This is how I've felt about my surgery and my sleeve... Just because you CAN eat something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.. If I was going to attempt that burger, I would have left the bread off and eaten the meat and cheese with a fork, taking breaks between each bite to wait for feelings of fullness. As soon as I feel full, I stop. I usually eat about an ounce or maybe a little more. Burping is a sign of fullness... if you are burping, you should stop eating. Some people get a hiccup... I notice that I get a hiccup too but it is usually after I stop eating.

I've also noticed that sometimes I'm eating something that tastes really good and I want to finish it, but my sleeve says STOP.. my head says FINISH IT! But, I get this feeling of satisfaction and even though my brain wants the food, I'm satisfied so I have to make myself quit! We just need to eat slow so that we don't miss these signals. If we eat fast, we will overeat every time.

I appreciate everyone's positive and negative comments.