Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks out and yesterday I ate a Wendy's junior cb no bottom bun and no lettuce, Tomato or any other veggie on it. Just meat cheese and top bun. I tolerated it bit I worry if it was too much. I didn't hurt after eating it but I definitely felt satisfied and full. I am finding I am hungry every few hours also no matter how much Protein I eat. What does everyone think??

At 3 weeks out I was lucky to eat a large egg in 1 sitting. So I'm not sure how you could handle a full hamburger with a bun. I'm 6 weeks out and haven't tried soft bread yet... I do love me some toast tho.

Ummm... 3 weeks? And a burger with a bun? Or part of a bun? That's a lot for a healing stomach I wouldn't worry so much that you "could"

As much as the fact that you "did"

You may not have full sensation back in your stomach and need to be careful.

Are you cleared for all foods already?

Really? OK I'll let laura's post stand and not say what she said but only with the addition of "are you nuts?"

Someone say ... Cheeeeez burger?

LOL.. Anyway, I'm almost 4 months out and can't (and don't want to) eat any part of a bun. I did eat a McPatty with cheese a couple months out, but 3 weeks out... NOT SMART!

you must have a sleeve of steal!! I am 7 weeks and I still can not eat a whole large egg. I can not eat chicken unless it is chicken salad and I can only eat about 2 ounces of food at a time. I tried bread and rice once and threw them up and felt like i was going to die! But i would be careful with what you eat this early out. you do not want to have foods that caused you to get teh sleeve in the first place.

Someone say ... Cheeeeez burger?

LOL.. Anyway' date=' I'm almost 4 months out and can't (and don't want to) eat any part of a bun. I did eat a McPatty with cheese a couple months out, but 3 weeks out... NOT SMART![/quote']

Girl, last week the family and I were out running errands all day and midway we stopped at carls junior (I'm 4 months by the way) I had some of the low carb burger ( first time with fast food)

Lets just say next time I'm constipated, I know where to go......

:P

I am 3 weeks out and yesterday I ate a Wendy's junior cb no bottom bun and no lettuce' date=' Tomato or any other veggie on it. Just meat cheese and top bun. I tolerated it bit I worry if it was too much. I didn't hurt after eating it but I definitely felt satisfied and full. I am finding I am hungry every few hours also no matter how much Protein I eat. What does everyone think??[/quote']

To answer the question: I think you should really stick to what your eating guidelines are at this stage. Especially with the bread. It can go down fine but swell in your new tummy and cause some serious problems.

You stated you are hungry every few hours. I would consult your surgeon. Especially to differentiate between the head hunger and/or if your stomach is grumbling, it may be time to add add Prilosec or equivalent.

My stomach made some awful noises and felt like hunger 'pangs.' I started Prilosec and solved the issue I was having.

Hope this helps.

tacobell is my go to fast food place. Everyone laughs at me because i used to say the only time i eat taco bell is 3 in the morning drunk and nothing else is open hahaha. But i get the refired Beans and a plan taco with nothing on it. take the meat from the taco ad it to the refired beans with some cheese. Its pretty good cant have it often tho cause its like a brick in the stomach.

tacobell is my go to fast food place. Everyone laughs at me because i used to say the only time i eat taco bell is 3 in the morning drunk and nothing else is open hahaha. But i get the refired Beans and a plan taco with nothing on it. take the meat from the taco ad it to the refired Beans with some cheese. Its pretty good cant have it often tho cause its like a brick in the stomach.

I went to taco bell with some friends and got a side of chicken and a side of quac and mixed them together... Was delish!

Ummm... 3 weeks? And a burger with a bun? Or part of a bun? That's a lot for a healing stomach I wouldn't worry so much that you "could"

As much as the fact that you "did"

You may not have full sensation back in your stomach and need to be careful.

Are you cleared for all foods already?

I was cleared at 10 days to eat anything I could cut with a fork. I had a meatloaf slider minus the bread at 10 days out. I chewed well and meatloaf was easily cut with a fork! I've eaten bread but in tiny doses... Like a bite or two

Really, cuz I could cut an apple with a fork if I so desired...and yet at six months I'm just cleared for it. Either you had a really bad doctor or you're leaving some information out of the equation.

bread swells in your stomach, and yes it's easily cut with a fork, as is cake, Pasta, rice, etc. All are dangerous during the first six weeks because you are likely able to eat more than your swollen stomach can handle. That and shreds of meat in a suture line are a recipe for disaster.

Just because you can, does not mean you should. Eating a small burger three weeks out is asking to be put back in the hospital. Following the "fork" guidelines is just as dangerous. If that is a doctors diet guidelines while healing...you need a new doctor!

What did your surgeon think? Is this part of the guidelines given to you pre-op? I often wonder why these questions are asked after the fact.......

I can cut anything with a fork if I put my mind to it.. I'm kinda surprised at how different diets are from doc to doc.

I'm only 2 weeks out and just not moving to puree.. I had cottage cheese last night and felt like it was sitting in my throat.. I only had 4 teaspoons of it too. I can't imagine I will manage to get a burger down just a week from now even without the bun. lol

bread of any kind worries me right now. My doctor explained that our stomachs will be swollen for about 6 weeks and about the size of a small hose with a zipper on one side. Thing that can get stuck to that zipper can cause inflammation, infection and leaks are to be avoided until at least 6 weeks to ensure proper healing. Stick some bread into a cup of Water and watch how much it expands, now imagine that stuffed into a banana sleeve with the meat stapled together.

Probably not a good idea to push it while still healing. The risks at this stage are just too great for us, even if we feel better.