Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Carb Free (!) Pasta (Chicken)

I just saw a recipe on Racheal Ray's show by Rocco Dispirito, the "pasta" is high in Protein because it is made with chicken, and it looks so easy! Can't wait to try it! All he did was put ice in a blender, added cubed Frozen chicken breast an egg white powder. When he blended it all together it turns into a paste and he put it in a squeeze bottle. He had Water boiling already (with salt) and he turned the burner off and started squeezing the chicken paste into the hot water in swirls and it looks exactly like spaghetti!! The recipe is not up on the website yet but as soon as I see it I will add a link. I just had to share... I'm so excited about this recipe ;)

This sounds delicious! Please do share with us.... :)

The original recipe page does not load for me, so I had to use Google cache to get the recipe off Rachael's site.

Watch the video, use this link:

http://www.rachaelra...ta-al-pomodoro/

Rocco DiSpirito's Pasta al Pomodoro

7131RoccoFood_630.jpgAired on: April 1, 2013

Before:

17 grams of fat

840 calories

After:

6 grams of fat

133 calories

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup cold Water
  • 2 tablespoons egg powder
  • 6 ounces cold chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 7 cloves garlic, sliced thin
  • 1 pinch red chili flakes (pepperoncino)
  • 2 cups whole fresh ready to burst ripe tomatoes, cut into large dice
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
  • 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
  • 16 leaves of fresh basil, torn by hand into small pieces

Yields: 4

Preparation

Boil 4 quarts of Water in a large pot. Once the water is boiling add 2 tablespoons of salt. Preheat broiler. Place the water and the egg white powder in the beaker of a blender, and blend on low speed until all the powder has dissolved, then add the chicken breast and blend on high speed until smooth and glossy. Place the contents of the blender into a squeeze bottle and set in the refrigerator.

Pour the olive oil into a large nonstick sauté pan and then lay out the garlic slices in one even layer over the top of the pan. Place the pan over medium to high heat and cook the garlic until it begins to brown, then move the pan to the middle rack of the oven under the broiler to continue to brown the top of the garlic, about 1 minute. Place the pan back on the stove and add red chili flakes and half the basil leaves, cook for 15 seconds and then add the tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes over medium heat until the sauce comes to a simmer and let cook until the sauce has slightly thickened but still loose, about 2 minutes. Add half of the cheese and stir it completely into the sauce and turn off the stove and season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Turn the boiling water down to low heat and squeeze the chicken mixture out of the squeeze bottle in a steady stream into the boiling water into strands the same length as spaghetti, about 10 inches until there is no more room on the surface of the water. Let the noodles cook for 30 seconds then remove them with a strainer or spider, set them aside in a bowl and repeat until all of the chicken mixture is used.

Add the noodles to the pan and turn the heat to medium high heat. Toss the Pasta to coat evenly with a heat resistant rubber spatula and cook until the sauce begins to cling to the noodles. Add the remaining basil and check seasoning. Plate the pasta on four separate plates and sprinkle with remaining cheese.< /p>

Tip: Use a store-bought, fat free, no added sugar marinara sauce and you can make this meal in less then 10 minutes.

Per Serving:

133 calories, 6.17g fat (2g sat, 3g mono, 1g poly), 6.25mg cholesterol, 114.75mg sodium, 4.575g carbohydrates, 1.1g Fiber, 13.05g Protein

Here ya go:

Rocco DiSpirito's Pasta Al Pomodoro

Rocco DiSpirito's Pasta al Pomodoro

Aired on: April 1' date=' 2013[/url']

Before:

17 grams of fat

840 calories

After:

6 grams of fat

133 calories

[*]Print

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Ingredients

[*]3/4 cup cold Water

[*]2 tablespoons

[*]6 ounces cold chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks

[*]1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

[*]7 cloves garlic, sliced thin

[*]1 pinch red chili flakes (pepperoncino)

[*]2 cups whole fresh ready to burst ripe tomatoes, cut into large dice

[*]Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

[*]1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated

[*]16 leaves of fresh basil, torn by hand into small pieces

Yields: 4

Preparation

Boil 4 quarts of Water in a large pot. Once the water is boiling add 2 tablespoons of salt. Preheat broiler. Place the water and the egg white powder in the beaker of a blender, and blend on low speed until all the powder has dissolved, then add the chicken breast and blend on high speed until smooth and glossy. Place the contents of the blender into a squeeze bottle and set in the refrigerator.

Pour the olive oil into a large nonstick sauté pan and then lay out the garlic slices in one even layer over the top of the pan. Place the pan over medium to high heat and cook the garlic until it begins to brown, then move the pan to the middle rack of the oven under the broiler to continue to brown the top of the garlic, about 1 minute. Place the pan back on the stove and add red chili flakes and half the basil leaves, cook for 15 seconds and then add the tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes over medium heat until the sauce comes to a simmer and let cook until the sauce has slightly thickened but still loose, about 2 minutes. Add half of the cheese and stir it completely into the sauce and turn off the stove and season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Turn the boiling water down to low heat and squeeze the chicken mixture out of the squeeze bottle in a steady stream into the boiling water into strands the same length as spaghetti, about 10 inches until there is no more room on the surface of the water. Let the noodles cook for 30 seconds then remove them with a strainer or spider, set them aside in a bowl and repeat until all of the chicken mixture is used.

Add the noodles to the pan and turn the heat to medium high heat. Toss the pasta to coat evenly with a heat resistant rubber spatula and cook until the sauce begins to cling to the noodles. Add the remaining basil and check seasoning. Plate the pasta on four separate plates and sprinkle with remaining cheese.< /a>

Tip: Use a store-bought, fat free, no added sugar marinara sauce and you can make this meal in less then 10 minutes.

Per Serving:

133 calories, 6.17g fat (2g sat, 3g mono, 1g poly), 6.25mg cholesterol, 114.75mg sodium, 4.575g carbohydrates, 1.1g Fiber, 13.05g Protein

Thank you!!!

That's the one!! I'll bet this pasta will taste good with any sauce!! :)

This sounds amazing! Is the chicken breast cooked or raw?

This sounds amazing! Is the chicken breast cooked or raw?

Raw (frozen) when you put it in the blender :)

Wow..sounds yummy! Will have to try it! Thanks!

This sounds super tasty.

Amanda Rae

I cant wait to make this!

The chicken noodles don't seem to be cooked for long. I'm leary about undercooked chicken, but I'd definitely try this

I just saw a recipe on Racheal Ray's show by Rocco Dispirito' date=' the "pasta" is high in Protein because it is made with chicken, and it looks so easy! Can't wait to try it! All he did was put ice in a blender, added cubed Frozen chicken breast an egg white powder. When he blended it all together it turns into a paste and he put it in a squeeze bottle. He had Water boiling already (with salt) and he turned the burner off and started squeezing the chicken paste into the hot Water in swirls and it looks exactly like spaghetti!! The recipe is not up on the website yet but as soon as I see it I will add a link. I just had to share... I'm so excited about this recipe ;)[/quote']

I am definitely going to make this!! Sounds Delish!!

Way cool! Has anyone tried this yet? What's the difficulty level?