Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lotza-we are in 100% agreement of that opinion!!!!

Everyone, I STILL haven't gotten off my butt to go run my errands! I am so lazy today!!!!!:thumbdown:

My mom is crazy too, but yours takes the cake. I got out and ran my errands so now my car registration is renewed. Taxes suck.

My mom is crazy too, but yours takes the cake. I got out and ran my errands so now my car registration is renewed. Taxes suck.

Taxes do suck, I just renewed my car registration the other day also! And of course I was late (because I always forget these things) so I had to pay $20 more...nobodys fault but my own though! :thumbup:

Well, I think I at least have a reason for having no motivation today. I took a short nap and when I woke up I was instantly nauseous...really, really nauseous. So I think I ate something bad or I am getting the flu. Blech!!!:drool:

Speaking of eating something bad...I had a yucky experience the other day.

I get the Jack Links Tender Strips beef Jerky and keep a bag in my work bag in case I don't have time to sit and eat real food, I eat them on the run.

I was hungry the other morning, and grabbed a few out of the bag...and noticed some strange spots on them.

The whole bag of beef jerky was COVERED in mold!!!! Eeeewwww!!!!!!!!!

And it was only a few weeks old!!:thumbup:

Speaking of eating something bad...I had a yucky experience the other day.

I get the Jack Links Tender Strips beef Jerky and keep a bag in my work bag in case I don't have time to sit and eat real food, I eat them on the run.

I was hungry the other morning, and grabbed a few out of the bag...and noticed some strange spots on them.

The whole bag of beef jerky was COVERED in mold!!!! Eeeewwww!!!!!!!!!

And it was only a few weeks old!!:drool:

Now I think that was nasty enough without the visual Munchkin!!!:thumbup:

Sorry, couldn't resist the visual!! That is totally how I felt when I discovered it!!!

Ok, so I just went to NBC.com and watched the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin spoofs...toooooo funny!!!!! :thumbup:

Well, it has been one week tomorrow since my fill. I haven't been able to keep much down. What's weird is sometimes I can eat but sometimes I can't....well to be honest....most of the time I can't. I don't have any trouble with liquids and if it is really soft. I really hate to go have an unfill :drool:. Do you think if I give it more time, that it will eventually settle down???

I have a confession: I like that I can't eat much :thumbup:. I know that it is wrong and I do hate to throw up and BP for an hour, but before the fills, I was eating too much. I have been losing steady and I don't want to give it up. OK girls, let me have it:scared2:

Well, it has been one week tomorrow since my fill. I haven't been able to keep much down. What's weird is sometimes I can eat but sometimes I can't....well to be honest....most of the time I can't. I don't have any trouble with liquids and if it is really soft. I really hate to go have an unfill :drool:. Do you think if I give it more time, that it will eventually settle down???

I have a confession: I like that I can't eat much :thumbup:. I know that it is wrong and I do hate to throw up and BP for an hour, but before the fills, I was eating too much. I have been losing steady and I don't want to give it up. OK girls, let me have it:scared2:

Call your Dr!!! You are absolutely too tight!! If you are throwing up at all then you are too tight!! So you have been throwing up all week? You should probably get a slight unfill. You don't want to leave it like this because you can have a slip. And sticking to liquids that don't fill you up leads down the bad road to living off milkshakes and stuff! Ok, maybe I am going a little far with that, but seriously call and schedule an unfill!

Edited by lotzasunshine

Bella, I'm with Marie on this. That definitely doesn't sound right and seems like it could lead to a slip, and then you'll be in a mess. IMHO, you should call your fill doc and schedule a slight unfill. Throwing up for an hour is not supposed to be part of the band procedure.

Call Dr K!!! You are absolutely too tight!! If you are throwing up at all then you are too tight!! So you have been throwing up all week? You should probably get a slight unfill. You don't want to leave it like this because you can have a slip. And sticking to liquids that don't fill you up leads down the bad road to living off milkshakes and stuff! Ok, maybe I am going a little far with that, but seriously call and schedule an unfill!

Marie, where do you do Water aerobics?

Marie, where do you do Water aerobics?

Fairmont. Apparently it was up here in Sugarhouse and I had no idea until my SIL said we should sign up for classes together. They have Tues and Thurs night classes. We just do Tuesdays. My MIL comes now too, and one of her friends will be coming as well, getting a bigger group! I have ALWAYS loved water aerobics! I was going to take it as a class at the community college again(I've taken it for a few years now), but they decided to close the pool this year, which sucks!

Bella, I'm with Marie on this. That definitely doesn't sound right and seems like it could lead to a slip, and then you'll be in a mess. IMHO, you should call your fill doc and schedule a slight unfill. Throwing up for an hour is not supposed to be part of the band procedure.

Bella-I agree with everyone. It is a small miracle that I haven't had a slip yet from the two times my band was filled too tight. And if it hasn't settled down yet it probably won't- you just need a small unfill. Sometimes up to 0.1 or 0.2 ccs unfill is enough to get it to calm down. You don't want to lose your band after all you went through to get it!

Biggest Loser!

Does anyone else watch this show? I am seriously addicted to it. I cry during every episode. :thumbup: I must be honest - usually I sit on the couch and eat ice cream while I watch this show.

Biggest Loser!

Does anyone else watch this show? I am seriously addicted to it. I cry during every episode. :thumbup: I must be honest - usually I sit on the couch and eat ice cream while I watch this show.

Yes, I love this show. It doesn't matter what anyone else is watching as soon as it comes on the TV is mine. The people on there work their butts off, maybe if I had their ambition I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now.

I have a question for you girls, you all have so much great information and advice. I have had a few fills and scheduled for another in a couple days. I can eat anything and any amount I want without much consequence (sp), I ate supper about an hour ago, and had to stop myself, believe me I could have kept going, and I am still hungry. The last fill I had my stomach growled thru the whole procedure, Dr K said he could hear the fill talking to him, so stopped with a small fill. Let me know what you think.