Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

RU kidding? Wow, I thought you were telling the beginning of a joke . . .

Oh, that's awful.

NO kidding! I remember working at a hospital once that used those old mercury thermometers and we had an entire Mercury Clean up team! They had uniforms that said - "Mercury Clean Up Team" I wondered when I read that those light bulbs have mercury in them, what would happen if they broke at your home.

NO kidding! I remember working at a hospital once that used those old mercury thermometers and we had an entire Mercury Clean up team! They had uniforms that said - "Mercury Clean Up Team" I wondered when I read that those light bulbs have mercury in them, what would happen if they broke at your home.

I have them in every fixture in my house. I guess I'll just have to be really careful not to break them. crap.

Oh My Goodness!!! Have you seen Ms Leachman dance on Dancing with the Stars? She's 82 years old and just adorable! She had her leg all the way up on her partners shoulder! Damn! I can't do that now! She's hilarious! I'm going to vote for that Sister!

Mdargen! NOT TMI! We've all been there and NOT done that! Unfortunately, I purchased every OTC softener available to man and woman! AND not one worked. AT one time, I was putting Miralax in prune juice three times a day. Nothing! It was bad! Then I sent Natalie an email and she said to try a piece of fruit. I did and it worked! An apple, pear, grapes, anything like that works for me! So now, I try to eat a piece of ripe fruit everyday... sometimes, if I'm hungry twice a day. I also upped my fiber! I eat high Fiber crackers and bread (toasted).

Good luck but know it's normal. You're not eating much!

I want a piece of fruit! I would kill for a piece of fruit. LOL I am still on the full liquid diet for another week. Do you think applesauce would work well to get things moving? :biggrin:

What would I do without all of you?!?!

Oh My Goodness!!! Have you seen Ms Leachman dance on Dancing with the Stars? She's 82 years old and just adorable! She had her leg all the way up on her partners shoulder! Damn! I can't do that now! She's hilarious! I'm going to vote for that Sister!

Yep, I'm watching right now. She's so fabulous. So funny and bright and looks pretty damned good for an octogenarian! I'm gonna' vote for her too!

I want a piece of fruit! I would kill for a piece of fruit. LOL I am still on the full liquid diet for another week. Do you think applesauce would work well to get things moving? :biggrin:

That might help! I know what you mean about fruit. That's what I missed most on the post op stuff. I made myself some frozen watermelon granita. It was heavenly.

Isn't this board the best? I swear, I feel like the ladies on this board are some of my best buds.

Applesauce might work, grape juice maybe too. I couldn't do the grape juice during that time because of my blood sugars. But if you don't have Blood sugar problems - it might do the trick.

Yep, I'm watching right now. She's so fabulous. So funny and bright and looks pretty damned good for an octogenarian! I'm gonna' vote for her too!

I'm watching it too! I shouldn't be watching this in my condition! All these hot sexy men are making me crazy!

That might help! I know what you mean about fruit. That's what I missed most on the post op stuff. I made myself some frozen watermelon granita. It was heavenly.

Isn't this board the best? I swear, I feel like the ladies on this board are some of my best buds.

You're my best bud, Mini! I feel so close to all of you guys! You're sharing in a part of my life that is so important! It's a time when we are all changing and becoming the beautiful butterflies we were always meant to be! We see the sweetness of each person and that is so vital!

You're my best bud, Mini! I feel so close to all of you guys! You're sharing in a part of my life that is so important! It's a time when we are all changing and becoming the beautiful butterflies we were always meant to be! We see the sweetness of each person and that is so vital!

That's so true . . . and we talk about things that we don't feel comfortable talking about with skinny folks. All our insecurities, poop, all that stuff!:biggrin:

But seriously, I think we're all pretty vulnerable while we're going through this process and it's so wonderful to have a group of people who are always there to listen and offer comfort and support and be our cheerleaders in a way that no one else can.

That's so true . . . and we talk about things that we don't feel comfortable talking about with skinny folks. All our insecurities, poop, all that stuff!:biggrin:

But seriously, I think we're all pretty vulnerable while we're going through this process and it's so wonderful to have a group of people who are always there to listen and offer comfort and support and be our cheerleaders in a way that no one else can.

This kind of support is priceless! It's worth millions of dollars! AND just think, it's free!

Hi everyone!

I am proud to say that as of Weds, the 24th I am apart of the Dr. K Bandsters!! I have had some trouble with nausea but it is slowly going away. I never thought how weird my stomach would feel. It feels like someone is strangling my tummy. LOL

:biggrin::thumbup::dita::thumbup::tongue::thumbup::tongue:

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench!! I will reserve any poking and farting comments for Mini to make! :lol:

Oops, I posted before I was done.

I think it's FABULOUS that you're doing the 5K. I am so impressed. And your pink hat sounds great. YAYYYY for you and Mal!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!:biggrin::hurray::dita::hurray::tongue:

I wish we could be there in person to walk with them or cheer them on!!! I bet you and I could do some great cheering since we have such big mouths! :tongue:

I know, it's that amazing??

Munchie, Did your check ever get there on Friday? I hope you're sleeping right now! You worked last night, didn't you?

Marcy! I'm sorry, but I must ask you this -- can you see Russia from your house? (just a question, I'm so confused!)

NSV for me, I worked 4 in a row, Busy Busy Busy 4 - 12's and I walked out of that hospital last night feeling human! I am so blessed with this band and with a new lease on life! Guys remind me of this often! We all need to remember how blessed we are to be on this journey to good health!

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone! I'm human and I do make mistakes frequently!:dita:

Hey!!! I just realized today is my 8 Month Bandiversary!!!

I DID get my check at the very last minute in time to run it to the bank Friday, thank goodness! And I was sleeping when you posted this...I was sooooo tired after this weekend for some reason!! It was not grueling or anything so I am not sure why I was so exhausted. I am on call until 3am tonight, but thankfully it sounds like things are ok at work so I won't have to go in.

About the Russia thing...I have to admit I have not paid much attention to this election (usually I fervishly watch election coverage but I just have no desire this time around). Anyway, when I was at my Grammys Thurs night they showed the clip from the Katie Couric interview with Sarah Palin when she was asking her about foreign policy and they were talking about Russia. I have to admit I was fairly horrified at Sarah Palins response because it was NOT good!! I was like "Yikes"! I wish I had seen the Tina Fey spoof the other night, I wonder if NBC has entire episodes of SNL on their website? I will have to check it out fosho!!

That is awesome that you felt human after working 4 12s because I know I don't feel human after I work 4 12s in a row! I am basically comatose for the next two days afterward!!

Happy 8 month bandiversary!! :biggrin: