Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee-That is awesome about your jeans!! Use the free return shipping and send them back and get a smaller size! Or better yet, go to the store and see if you can fit in the misses size 20 yet! The Sweetheart fit was the best for me when I was transitioning over into misses sizes. The Diva fit is a little snug.

In all honesty, I am not consistently wearing a size 12, my other Gap jeans are size 14, but two different brands of size 12s is a good start. I can't believe it either. I was wearing a size 20/22 when you last saw me! :crying: I just gave the outfit I wore home from surgery to Goodwill last week!! I wish I had some good before pics, but I really don't. My aunt took a picture of me at Xmas last year (right after I was banded) that was absolutely horrifying-I may see if she can dig that up. (As much as I don't want to look at it!)

I wondered about their return policy. It was The Flirt jeans. Is the Sweetheart a little fuller in the butt and thighs? I need that.

I was just telling Jaime today about how trusting you were of me - you didn't know me from Jack, yet you trusted me to take you back to your hotel after your surgery. Bless your little heart, you were so cute back there in recovery -- when we met for the first time face to face.

It's very frustrating being a nurse sometimes! I'm really feeling the frustration right now! A problem I've dealt with in the last 8 years has been the concept that a nurse is a nurse is a nurse! WHAT? NO! This is absolutely not true! I wouldn't want to work on an ICU unit. Not that I don't like adults, I do, but my talent is with neonates. Yet hospitals have no problem assuming if you have a nursing license, you can work with any population, any diagnosis, on any unit. The years of floating were the worst! Let's try taking a Plastic surgeon and tell him, "while you're in there doing that face lift could you also remove that brain tumor?" NOT! Everyone always respects their speciality. But why can't they respect the nurses'?

Personally, I would love to be able to move from unit to unit and be completely competant, but I can't and I won't!

okay, I'm getting off my soap box now! Munchi, you opened this can of worms and I just reached in!

Oh, I hear you!!!! They used to want to float us to the ER and the Birthing Unit....now, just because we are ICU nurses does NOT mean we can competently work in the ER (ok, with a little orientation we probably could), and most assuredly NOT the birthing unit!!!! Hello!!!! We don't birth no babies!!! I am thrown into a panic if I am expected to take care of a baby (which we are not supposed to have to do but every once in awhile they sneak one in on us and break hospital policy). You should see me try to change a baby diaper, for crying out loud!! (Probably much like it would be for you to change an adult diaper, although you better practice because someday we may have to change Mini's for her!) :crying:

Oh, I hear you!!!! They used to want to float us to the ER and the Birthing Unit....now, just because we are ICU nurses does NOT mean we can competently work in the ER (ok, with a little orientation we probably could), and most assuredly NOT the birthing unit!!!! Hello!!!! We don't birth no babies!!! I am thrown into a panic if I am expected to take care of a baby (which we are not supposed to have to do but every once in awhile they sneak one in on us and break hospital policy). You should see me try to change a baby diaper, for crying out loud!! (Probably much like it would be for you to change an adult diaper, although you better practice because someday we may have to change Mini's for her!) :crying:

As much as I love Puff Mama, I am NOT changing her diapers! That is her DH's job! Sorry, but I have the draw the line some where! BESIDES that, I have the weakest tummy ever! I am the worst nurse when it comes to that kind of stuff. I gag when I see hair in the shower drain AND it's my hair! I'm just pathetic!

I wondered about their return policy. It was The Flirt jeans. Is the Sweetheart a little fuller in the butt and thighs? I need that.

I was just telling Jaime today about how trusting you were of me - you didn't know me from Jack, yet you trusted me to take you back to your hotel after your surgery. Bless your little heart, you were so cute back there in recovery -- when we met for the first time face to face.

The Sweetheart is fuller but the girls in the store told me that the Flirt is good for curvy gals like us also. I never got a pair but I trust the girl who told me that because she was on the curvy side herself. Now that I can fit in other jeans, I am not really getting Old Navy ones, because I have always had a really bad problem with them gapping out at the back. The other ones I tried on a bit ago were the Right Fit trouser jeans at Lane Bryant. They were a little too big on me in the crotch area, but everywhere else they fit FANTASTIC. Maybe try some of those, they come in all different shapes and sizes!! But go to the store and try those on in person because they have wierd sizing.

Of course I would trust you, you are a nurse!! :crying: And cut from the same cloth as me...ok, so you are kinder, more understanding, smarter...but we still share the same warped sense of humor!:wink2:

As much as I love Puff Mama, I am NOT changing her diapers! That is her DH's job! Sorry, but I have the draw the line some where! BESIDES that, I have the weakest tummy ever! I am the worst nurse when it comes to that kind of stuff. I gag when I see hair in the shower drain AND it's my hair! I'm just pathetic!

Oh yes, I forgot you have a weak nursie tummy. Good thing you weren't around for the shit elves this weekend then, because the shit elves went all over the floor and Steph stepped in it. Not good!:crying:

Pardon me? Smarter? --- you do know who you're talking to, don't you?

Um, yes, I knew who I was talking to. You knew much more about all the diabetic testing than I did....I am only good at titrating insulin drips. So I declare you smarter! :crying:

Anyone else having terrible insomnia this week besides me?

Anyone else having terrible insomnia this week besides me?

No, I just have terrible horniness!

Sorry! The more I work out, the more I want -- you know what! The bone!

And yet I have no desire whatsoever for sex....hmmm...what is wrong with this picture?

And yet I have no desire whatsoever for sex....hmmm...what is wrong with this picture?

I wish I had no desire! I can't think of anyting, but sex. AND working out just makes it worse!!!

The sad part is men are so turned off by me!

I don't know what is wrong with me...I am telling you, something with my female parts is screwy these days. I am almost starting to wonder if I am going into early menopause or something! The gyne put me on the pill because I was not getting TOM regularly, and now it is time for the first time since I have been on the pill, and it is not here yet. Very weird for me, I was always like clockwork, especially when I was on the pill. And then there is the total disregard for sex thing I have going on. :crying:

Oh, I see. That doesn't sound right. Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? Have you talked to the doctor about your lack of interest? I'm sure you have. You shouldn't be having so many problems with your cycle. You're way too young for that!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to minimize your situation.

Oh, I see. That doesn't sound right. Do you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? Have you talked to the doctor about your lack of interest? I'm sure you have. You shouldn't be having so many problems with your cycle. You're way too young for that!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to minimize your situation.

I have talked to the doctor (a few of them) and they are perplexed because none of this started until I started losing weight!!! They are confused because I am doing the opposite of what I should be doing!! So no, I don't have PCOS. I think they are just at a loss, so she threw me on the pill to see if that would help. I wonder what she will say when I call her and tell her I still didn't get TOM on time? I am a medical mystery.:crying:

And it makes me wonder if it has something to do with your breast pain. Is your pain localized or general?