Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Halloween Challenge Weigh In - nuthin'...didn't lose, but also didn't gain...stayed the same, which is a good sign that if I diet and then go back to "normal" I'll be able to maintain! Now, I'd like to lose a lb. a week though..to keep it going.

Brandy - holy cow! Will be praying for you and your husband.

Munchkin - WOW! You can really see the difference in your face! You're stunning! I like the tattoo, but after 7 hrs on my leg, I just don't think I could endure it on my back..yyeeeeeoooouuuuccchhh!!

I'm so glad the Tucker-man is feeling better. His diet sounds pretty good!!! The last year or so that our lab was alive, DH would take her to der wienerschnitzel every day for lunch and buy her a hot dog. It was so cute. I'll bet the acupuncture will help too.

Hey, where in Oregon is your cabin?

We have 3 acres at Crooked River Ranch which is between Madras and Redmond. Have views of 10 mountains: from Jefferson to Bachelor. Love it there!
Good Morning All: I wanted to weigh in for our Halloween challenge. I didn't lose last week but I did really good this week. I lost 7 pounds.:thumbup::biggrin::thumbup: Congrats! That is amazing!!

Brandy: My heart goes out to you and your husband. I will keep you in my prayers.

Good Morning, everyone!

Well, today is my one year surgiversary. I can't believe that a year has past. I am still holding at an 88 pound loss and have 22 more pounds to go; but, today I am celebrating my acomplishments and keeping my eye on the eventual prize. I'll get there!

Thanks for all of your support along the way. I've been posting here for 14 months now, I think. You folks are the best!

A whole year, wow! Keep your eye on the prize, so to speak

Just a drive by...

Hubby has a fever (102) praying that we dont need a bag. On a plus he farted! Move over Dee...just kidding. No results yet.

No loss this week. Duh.

Dr K and Tom seem to think that I pulled a stitch out along with a chunk of muscle and that has caused the pain in my stomach and in my back. Hopefully all will be better soon.

I am stressed to the max and am crying at every little thing.

This sucks. Plain and simple.

Glad to hear it wasn't slippage. Don't even worry about weight gain or loss right now. You and hubby are the focus...mental and physical health.

Well, I can't seem to get anything going in the right direction, Mini; am up 1.2 pounds this week. :crying::thumbdown:

BUt I did get my run in and I made it the ENTIRE 35 minutes!!! It was weird running at night, I had to dodge the sprinkler systems but I did it FINALLY. I have no room for error, my 5K is in TWO weeks...YIKES! Anyway, I have the book on my list and I will hit Barnes and Noble this weekend. Thanks again, this program sounds VERY, VERY intense and I hope I can handle it (nervous). You are tough as nails, I think you would make a perfect personal trainer!

DAY-UM, gurl!!! 35 minutes!!!! Mal, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Just a drive by...

Hubby has a fever (102) praying that we dont need a bag. On a plus he farted! Move over Dee...just kidding. No results yet.

No loss this week. Duh.

Dr K and Tom seem to think that I pulled a stitch out along with a chunk of muscle and that has caused the pain in my stomach and in my back. Hopefully all will be better soon.

Praying for you still. Cry whenever you need to -- it's a good release. Eat and rest, too!!!

Munchk -- Love the tat!! You're before/after shot -- amazing difference! Funny thing -- I always thought from your avatar picture that you were the one on the right, but that's Bob, correct? Now I know that you're the one on the left and I have to re-visit and correct all the visual stories that I have in my head of you when I read your posts. I hope that makes sense. For so long, I've pictured Bob in scrubs in the ICU. Now I've got to replace that visual. Does anyone else do pictures in their heads like that, or is it just me and I need to switch to a different psych medication??

Lotza, congrats on hiking a mountain! you gals on here are sooooo athletic it is impressive

Adork, sorry about your bad fill experience. You were so smart to head right back to the office. I'm a little anxious, but overall am looking forward to going in for my 1st fill.

Brandy, how is your band? and how is your hubby doing?

Munch, I agree 100% with adork, you know your body, and if you think something is wrong keep chirping until somebody hears you and does something about it

Prty, yes I did get the low profile port. Dr. K's wasn't thrilled about the suggestion, but reluctantly agreed with the understanding on my part that the this port is harder to find when it comes time to do a fill

Well gang, I have an unexpected visit to see Dr. K tomorrow. After my surgery, my right upper arm was bruised, but I didn't think too much about it. They had to take my blood pressure about a million times, since the nurse could not hear it, and also that arm had my IV. It was still bruised when I went in for my 1 week follow up visit, but I didn't mention it because who cares about a stupid bruise. Well, now it still hurts, even more, and you can feel a hardened area underneath, and the skin is red on top. So, I called the office today and they are getting me in tomorrow to have him look at it. This is just my luck, some dumb thing happening. So wish me luck on whatever this stupid thing is under my skin! I am also not a happy camper in bandster hell or bandster purgatory or whatever I am in. Some days I am stuffed, some days I am starving, and I am not losing weight. Grrr...

I'm sorry to hear about your arm, ouch! I'm glad it will go away though and isn't something more serious. I am right here in Bandster Hell with you my band sister. This too shall pass :thumbup:

If anybody's interested I got the difference in dimensions between the Allergan standard port (1) and the low profiile one (2). Dimensions are in inches:

height 1: .585 2: .515

base 1: 1.2 2: .990

top diameter 1: .865 2: .650

I never knew there were two different ports to choose from.

Mal-thanks for the compliment!! My other neighbor who did my mammogram actually didn't recognize me! I had to tell her who I was!! But the evil ones know exactly who I am! :thumbup: I really didn't notice the change in my face until I saw the pics side by side! Now I need to find an old full body before pic and have someone take a new after pic! And I love that you said "fosho"! Did you see that movie Superbad? Hysterical!! No one ever knows what I am talking about when I say fosho unless they have seen that movie. Gotta love McLovin!!!

Chicka Cicka Yeah, I love that movie!

Well, court was as expected. I interrupted my sleeping, got ready, drove all the way there, sat there for five minutes and then was told "Your attorney already appeared for you, it is set for trial on January 21st." Sheesh.

That sucks! I have been there before, what a waste of time for everyone involved

Just a drive by...

Oh no Brandy, I'm sorry to hear that hubby has a fever. I am thinking about you and your family, you are in my prayers. With the weekend coming up, hopefully you will have a little more time for yourself, take a deep breath.

No loss this week. Duh.

Ouch! How does that happen? What do you do now?

Cry! Let it out, it's okay. We are all thinking about you and hoping for a quick recovery for both you and your husband. *sending tissues with aloe and a big hug*

yes, it does, but you will pull through all of this, you will .

DAY-UM, gurl!!! 35 minutes!!!! Mal, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Shelbi! I am sure that I saw some ants crawling faster than my run, but I didn't stop! Heck I think I was running inplace for a minute...THAT'S how slow I run!!! Anywhoo 35 minutes done!:thumbup:

Hallo lap band ladies.

Shelbi, HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!!!! 88 lbs! That is so phenomenal.

Brandy, hope you're hangin' in there. I can certainly understand why you would be crying right now. When will you get the pathology reports?

Denver, glad to hear your arm is ok. Sorry about the bandster hell for you and Tally. Not a pleasant place, fosho!

Munchi, I LOVE Superbad. I know I shouldn't love Superbad, but I do anyway. In fact, we watched it for our Christmas Eve family video. Yes, we're that kind of family. And I am an eighth grade boy wearing a middle aged professor costume. What can I say.

I had my test this morning, and aside from wanting to barf, it was fine. Won't know my results until Monday though.

I am going to see Lisa Lampanelli tonight. If you know who she is, you're probably gasping right now to hear that she's performing in Utah. If you don't know who she is, that's probably for the best.

I am going to see Lisa Lampanelli tonight. If you know who she is, you're probably gasping right now to hear that she's performing in Utah. If you don't know who she is, that's probably for the best.

*gasp*

you're going to have so much fun!! i've seen here several times on Comedy Central when they do those Roasts, and she's always so funny...and diiiiiiiirrty. enjoy! :thumbup:

And some more stuff:

Yes, Shelbi, it's just you.

Mal, congrats on making it all 35 minutes last night!!!! Did Buster go with you? Did he do any swearing!

I'm down 2.4 lbs. this week. YAY, finally!!!! Some downward movement.

I'll update the list tomorrow when everyone's reported in.

*gasp*

you're going to have so much fun!! i've seen here several times on Comedy Central when they do those Roasts, and she's always so funny...and diiiiiiiirrty. enjoy! :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to it. She just kills me when I see her on TV. I'll bet she has some pretty funny things to say about Utah.

Hallo lap band ladies.

Shelbi, HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!!!! 88 lbs! That is so phenomenal.

Brandy, hope you're hangin' in there. I can certainly understand why you would be crying right now. When will you get the pathology reports?

Denver, glad to hear your arm is ok. Sorry about the bandster hell for you and Tally. Not a pleasant place, fosho!

Munchi, I LOVE Superbad. I know I shouldn't love Superbad, but I do anyway. In fact, we watched it for our Christmas Eve family video. Yes, we're that kind of family. And I am an eighth grade boy wearing a middle aged professor costume. What can I say.

I had my test this morning, and aside from wanting to barf, it was fine. Won't know my results until Monday though.

oh, boy, i hope you are prepared. what you see on tv is nuthin' compared to her nightclub act!! Funny and soooo politically incorrect for every group of people! In Utah??? Wow, she will have some choice words about that! Can't wait to hear a report!:thumbup:

oh, boy, i hope you are prepared. what you see on tv is nuthin' compared to her nightclub act!! Funny and soooo politically incorrect for every group of people! In Utah??? Wow, she will have some choice words about that! Can't wait to hear a report!:thumbdown:

Yes, I'm sure she'll raise a few eyebrows! We saw Sam Kinison do a show here back when he was still alive and I have never laughed so hard in my life. But there were a few people who left.

Margaret Cho was here a few years ago too and got quite a reaction!

Strangely, SLC is a pretty liberal place (predominantly Democrat, nonMormon, large gay population, ethnically diverse) but the rest of the state views us as the equivalent of sodom and gomorrah (or whatever that is). I doubt Lisa Lampanelli would be invited to BYU for a show :thumbup:

Deb, I think Tucker is milking this personally...:thumbup:

I agree, Munchk. This is why I love Tucker. He has skills I admire.

Congrats my friend! I am so proud of everything you have accomplished!! You rock!! (And you are funny to boot, what more could you ask for?)

Me? Funny? Do you mind if I print this so I can share it with others as I try to convince them that I'm not annoying, but have actualy been referred to as funny.

And some more stuff:

Yes, Shelbi, it's just you.

I can always count on your honesty, Mini. (How did you know that my visual of you is an 8th grade boy in a college professor costume?? :thumbdown:)

Yard Sale tomorrow. Good lord, I hate those things. I just want to give whatever to whomever shows up. More family drama, "fosho". (Thanks for allowing me to meet my "new word for the day" goal! Did I use it correctly?) I may do my BFL free day tomorrow so can drink some wine in the morning.